Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wolverine2281']huh, didn't even notice. Maybe that's why it was down last night. Does anybody know if LCS cares if, say, my wife has an account and we share the same address or use the same IP address or it's OK to send more than one prize to the same location as long as it's under the limit?

This is all I found in the FAQ

edit: I just found this in the Terms and Conditions:

So, still, do they track IPs or can I send the prize to mom and dad's house?[/QUOTE]
Me, my husband, and my son play from the same IP address and have our prizes shipped to the same address. We did not create different accounts to avoid restrictions. We just all like playing different games and want different prizes. If you and your wife have different accounts to the same address, that's fine. You are still limited to 3 software and hardware items per address. We've gotten all our prizes.

I'm pretty sure what that means is that you can't have more than one account in order to get around the limit of prizes you can get. But why would you and your wife have different accounts?

[quote name='decrot']i sent them an email like 2 weeks ago and got the same response. I think they are just trying to get us off their backs.[/quote]

Yeah I got that response also for my games as well. Though I will say that I got that email about 2 months before I got my xbox so who knows where this will lead. but I do have hope

[quote name='wolverine2281']huh, didn't even notice. Maybe that's why it was down last night. Does anybody know if LCS cares if, say, my wife has an account and we share the same address or use the same IP address or it's OK to send more than one prize to the same location as long as it's under the limit?

This is all I found in the FAQ

edit: I just found this in the Terms and Conditions:

So, still, do they track IPs or can I send the prize to mom and dad's house?[/quote]

Shirts, purses, gift cards, song downloads & air miles are unlimited

yeah, that's true but what if we both had enough points for a Zune or whatever "hardware" assuming we each wanted our own. There's a limit of 3 per household. I was just wondering if there would be a problem or if would fall under the category of
"You may not use more than one Windows Live™ ID to avoid restrictions or other limitations on...tickets..."

Thanx for everyone's input, BTW

[quote name='wolverine2281']yeah, that's true but what if we both had enough points for a Zune or whatever "hardware" assuming we each wanted our own. There's a limit of 3 per household. I was just wondering if there would be a problem or if would fall under the category of
"You may not use more than one Windows Live™ ID to avoid restrictions or other limitations on...tickets..."

Thanx for everyone's input, BTW[/quote]
My wife, my son and myself all have accounts to our house, and I haven't had any problems (at least post incentive logic) so far. That clause is just in there to keep people from abusing the system getting around ticket limits. You should have no problems ordering stuff to the same location, playing from the same IP, etc.

Decided to write back to LSC... :wall:

Here's the previous exchange...
And here's my reply...
Thank you for the reply, but that does not answer my question at all.

The Xbox 360 was in stock at the end of June, and I know of people that ordered and received this prize.

I do not understand how these orders placed 4 months after mine were fulfilled first. I find it extremely unprofessional that this has occurred.

Telling me that the prize is out of stock and you have no estimate on when it will be available again is utterly useless to me, because what assurance do I have that this exact thing will not happen the next time the Xbox 360 is in stock?

If there is no intention of completing the outstanding Xbox 360 orders from February, I would think that either a points refund (preferable) or an alternate prize would be provided.

Thank you,

Mark

And yeah, I'm not really expecting a different answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
To ALL THE LSC Spies Lurking here,

Do you plan on shipping anything enticing this week?

All the buzz from the XBOX 360 has disappeared. What will you

have up your sleeves this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread, kinda mad I didn't find it earlier. Just 19 more days of full on chicktionary until I get my copy of vista home premium for my htpc :D

[quote name='stevieraveon']Am I the only one going for the kitchenaid mixer?[/quote]

Nope, I already got mine :)
Thinking about trying to get one for a backup.
Wish they would put a food processor up now lol.

To those of you not going for high ticket/popular items, how long did it take to get your stuff? I went over, got myself a tote bag, and donated the rest to breast cancer research for my mom. She will probably also take my bag since it is pink and I sent it to her house. Next is the metal earplugs, if I don't get bored with this again.

[quote name='conchopearl']Nope, I already got mine :)
Wish they would put a food processor up now lol.[/quote]

I would if my roomate already didn't own one.

I just got enough to order Rock Band. For people who have recently ordered RB, what's the average wait time until it ships? Last time I did LSC was about a year ago, I got a 360 controller, and it didn't ship for about 3 or 4 months.

Rockband took about 13 days to ship after I ordered it. It's sitting beside me gathering dust until I get a 360.

[quote name='conchopearl']Nope, I already got mine :)
Wish they would put a food processor up now lol.[/quote]
Yeah, I would absolutely go for one except I do alot of cooking and that was one of the first things to go on the wedding gift list, so I've already got one. Absolutely agree on the food processor though, I make a badass pesto when I've got the right toys.

[quote name='VioletArrows']To those of you not going for high ticket/popular items, how long did it take to get your stuff? I went over, got myself a tote bag, and donated the rest to breast cancer research for my mom. She will probably also take my bag since it is pink and I sent it to her house. Next is the metal earplugs, if I don't get bored with this again.[/quote]

The ironic part is that I ordered 2 cookbooks the day before I ordered my 360 & controller, which I received Wed and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation on the books yet.

I got a question. I was just going back reading the old posts and regarding the people who get 2000 (or 2048) points in one "day". is that only possible when you don't play the day before or am I misunderstanding when your day resets? i.e. I play on 7/12 from 7pm until about 3am and max out my 1024 points. My LSC "day" starts at 6pm. Is that the earliest I can begin earning points again? I understand how it would be possible if I started around 4pm and got 1000 points and then played around 7pm and got another 1k but it seems to me that would only work if I didn't play the day before. Is that correct?

[quote name='wolverine2281']I got a question. I was just going back reading the old posts and regarding the people who get 2000 (or 2048) points in one "day". is that only possible when you don't play the day before or am I misunderstanding when your day resets? i.e. I play on 7/12 from 7pm until about 3am and max out my 1024 points. My LSC "day" starts at 6pm. Is that the earliest I can begin earning points again? I understand how it would be possible if I started around 4pm and got 1000 points and then played around 7pm and got another 1k but it seems to me that would only work if I didn't play the day before. Is that correct?[/quote]
Correct, but to phrase it better, it's not that you wouldn't play the day before, you could play the day before in the morning, but once it resets, you can't play it. Okay so a phrased that terribly, but yeah, you can't play the day before after 6pm (in your case).

[quote name='Maniacmous']I ordered Rock Band on the 2nd, haven't seen hide nor hair of it (or a shipping confirmation) yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Ordered on the 2nd -- still haven't heard anything beyond the first confirmation email.

[quote name='e3revolution']Sometimes you don't get confirmation. I got my mouse without it. Chill out, Rockband has been there forever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I received my 360 controller (long long ago, when they were still 2500pts) without so much as a confirmation number via e-mail, let alone shipping confirmation - it just showed up one day. I just read either here or perhaps at SD about people having to sign for their copy of Rock Band, so I'd really like to be around for that, you know? Not really worried about when it ships so much as having someone here at the house to get it.

Is there anyway to speed up the Flexicon process? I watched the video on the Anagramssolved.com site where he replaced the frame with the solutions...but I cannot figure out how he did so.

It would speed me up alot to know how to combine the answers into the same frame as the game. Thanks in advance guys!

Just encountered my first bugged puzzle. After 21,300 tickets in Word Slugger I got one that was showing I still needed 4 words even though I got them all. Then the game froze. Strange.

Yeah, there's a puzzle in Flexicon like that. You're supposed to spell out Panda, but the check button is blocked by an extra square and there's no way to remove it. It pissed me off because I did that one without help.

[quote name='stevieraveon']Am I the only one going for the kitchenaid mixer?[/quote]

I just received mine last week. It's very nice! :D

[quote name='VioletArrows']To those of you not going for high ticket/popular items, how long did it take to get your stuff? I went over, got myself a tote bag, and donated the rest to breast cancer research for my mom. She will probably also take my bag since it is pink and I sent it to her house. Next is the metal earplugs, if I don't get bored with this again.[/quote]

Besides the mixer, all my recent prizes have been small items. I ordered pen packs for my kids and a tote bag for myself on May 23 and May 25 that I'm still waiting for. I ordered 2 shirts and a journal that took less than 2 weeks to arrive.

[quote name='e3revolution']Sometimes you don't get confirmation. I got my mouse without it. Chill out, Rockband has been there forever.[/quote]

I didn't get a confirmation for my mixer last week and we had to sign for it. Just be on the look out for UPS. lol

[quote name='ddrlenz']Is there anyway to speed up the Flexicon process? I watched the video on the Anagramssolved.com site where he replaced the frame with the solutions...but I cannot figure out how he did so.

It would speed me up alot to know how to combine the answers into the same frame as the game. Thanks in advance guys![/quote]

Well that would ruin the whole point of giving Live Search searches, its not the games they want you to play as much as they want you to search.

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just encountered my first bugged puzzle. After 21,300 tickets in Word Slugger I got one that was showing I still needed 4 words even though I got them all. Then the game froze. Strange.[/quote]
I had a similar problem with Chicktionary and everytime I tried to play it, the exact same game would come up with the same problem. I finally solved it. I clicked on whatever button it is there that ends the game, accepted the lesser amount of tickets than one would get for a fully "finished" game, and was able to move on!:bouncy: I hope this helps you. First I clicked the "give up" button. Not sure if that is necessary though.

I have a problem where the pop up box informing me that I'm out of hints for the Word Slugger doesn't appear and instead freezes the whole game. I have to be careful not to click for hints to many times lest I run out and have to restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrlenz
Is there anyway to speed up the Flexicon process? I watched the video on the Anagramssolved.com site where he replaced the frame with the solutions...but I cannot figure out how he did so.

It would speed me up alot to know how to combine the answers into the same frame as the game. Thanks in advance guys!

You could use the auto-type *shifty eyes*

Hi guys i just joined live search club about a week ago, and i have never seen the 360 nor zune on prize list any day over the past week. Have the 360 and zune been this long of the list before?? :cry::bomb:

[quote name='blackdarkeye']Hi guys i just joined live search club about a week ago, and i have never seen the 360 nor zune on prize list any day over the past week. Have the 360 and zune been this long of the list before?? :cry::bomb:[/quote]

Yes

ordered rock band on the 29th. no shipping confirmation but i did email them for my status. hopefully they'll reply. ill let you guys know what's up with all the rock band

Wow. It's like they don't even read the e-mails they get...

Dear Live Search Club Participant,

Thank you for contacting Live Search Club Support. Unfortunately, your prize(s), due to unexpected popular demand, is/are on back order and we have no estimated shipping date. Please note, after an order is placed, it is then processed for compliance with our Terms and Conditions for fair game play. After an order is processed, found to be in compliance, and your prize is assigned tracking information, you will receive a second shipping confirmation email with any relevant shipping and tracking information

Kind Regards,
Live Search Club Support

Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:40 AM
To: Live Search Club Customer Support
Subject: Re: Prize Status Inquiry - Live Search Club Help Request

Thank you for the reply, but that does not answer my question at all.

The Xbox 360 was in stock at the end of June, and I know of people that ordered and received this prize.

I do not understand how these orders placed 4 months after mine were fulfilled first. I find it extremely unprofessional that this has occurred.

Telling me that the prize is out of stock and you have no estimate on when it will be available again is utterly useless to me, because what assurance do I have that this exact thing will not happen the next time the Xbox 360 is in stock?

If there is no intention of completing the outstanding Xbox 360 orders from February, I would think that either a points refund (preferable) or an alternate prize would be provided.

Thank you,

Mark

I've noticed that since the LSC site redesign, all of their new e-mails say "best regards" at the end. If they're old ones being reused, they say "kind regards" instead.

Huh. They spelled Axl Rose's name "Axel" on one of the Flexicon clues. Kind of disappointing, actually.

How do you guys get 1000 points per day? The most I can stand to do before my brain melts is around 200.

It takes around 1 hour - 1hr30mins to get 1000 points.
Chicktionary,wordslugger, or spelling bee is the way to go.
the new desktop looks cool

Yeah, I can knock out 1000 pts in 90 min-2 hours if I'm really going slow, normally around 90 min. though, since I usually play while at work, and have things interrupting me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back