LIVE UPDATED: Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) - $10 Disney Coupon

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Just happen to see Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) today registered by Disney. The coupon is not live, but be sure to check back. Look like its going to be $10 printable coupon again just like the previous Disney released.

http://www.alicecoupon.com

Credit to Booth from DVDTalk forum

EDIT: ITS LIVE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this @SlickDeal

[quote name='jammas6']TRU has the pre-order form for AiW. $5 reserves your copy of either BD combo or DVD.

Details:
Save Up To $10 Today on the purchase of any Disney Movie when you reserve your copy of Alice in Wonderland

Pre-Order BD save $10 on any Disney BD $19.99 or higher

Pre-Order DVD and save $5 on any Disney Movie $14.99 or higher
$5 deposit required for each reserved copy

Offer ends 5/31/2010

This is similar to the TS1/TS2 discount that wasn't programmed correctly in the TRU system.[/QUOTE]

Is this thing really worth this price? If Disney's other live action movies are any indication, stores will be selling it for 10 bucks this Christmas (or maybe next Christmas) with no coupon! Is it really a movie that I'm going to watch enough to buy or should I just Netflix the thing and pick it up on the cheap later one? I've never seen it. Who knows though, maybe some store will put it out there for 19.99 although I doubt it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like $16.99 AC is what we're looking at, since someone (Target, I think) had it for $26.99 before the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com has the combo for 24.96. I've always had great luck doing that price match at BB.

Usually if it's just a 2-3 bucks they don't even do price checks.

Couple things of note:

1) It's the same two print limit as previous coupons.
2) This time around, it required me to log into my DMR account before providing the link to the coupon. If you had access to multiple PCs, it may not let you print more than two unless you have another DMR account. I didn't get a chance to test that, so it's a theory.

Are there any ads with prices out right now? Seems like there are prices posted somewhere by now. Haven't seen anything yet here or on bluray.com

I just saw this recently and thought it was atrocious. Single waif-y girl acting badly against imaginary green screens for 2 hours of incomprehensibility (even by Lewis Carrol standards). As a fan of both Burton and Alice in Wonderland, this was a travesty. A derailed train wreck of bloated studio excess and pandering to Burton's 'quirkiness', which hasn't produced anything worth watching since Big Fish.

Gods I cannot get over how horrid it was. And Burton needs to get over his man-crush on Depp.

K. SOrry, I'm done :)

I the three disc the same blu as the single just with two extra dvd's for the digital and non-hd versions?

[quote name='Malicite']I the three disc the same blu as the single just with two extra dvd's for the digital and non-hd versions?[/QUOTE]
Yep. 3-disc version AKA 1-disc BD with 2 useless discs.

[quote name='Afflicted']Walmart.com has the combo for 24.96. I've always had great luck doing that price match at BB.

Usually if it's just a 2-3 bucks they don't even do price checks.[/QUOTE]

I was turned down at 2 different BB's for the Up combo deal ($20), said it was "online only". So I ordered online only and picked it up across the street from BB a week later.

Anyways, Best Buy is having a midnight release party for this one with a free Mad Hatter poster for the first 50 people and a $5 discount on the combo pack. So quick math $26.99- $10 (disney coupon) - $5 BB offer/midnite special= $11.99

Now, is it worth midnight madness?:whistle2:k

[quote name='lobito72']I was turned down at 2 different BB's for the Up combo deal ($20), said it was "online only". So I ordered online only and picked it up across the street from BB a week later.

Anyways, Best Buy is having a midnight release party for this one with a free Mad Hatter poster for the first 50 people and a $5 discount on the combo pack. So quick math $26.99- $10 (disney coupon) - $5 BB offer/midnite special= $11.99

Now, is it worth midnight madness?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Incorrect math though. Bestbuy.com says its $5 for the Best Buy exclusive version, that version is 29.99. So is 14.99 worth midnight "madness". I say it like that, because I doubt it will be madness for this movie.

I probably won't buy this unless I can get a better deal than what it currently seems to be. A word of warning, this movie will be considered "On Sale". When I've used coupons on movies that were on sale in the past, I've been shot down. I don't remember it happening with the Disney coupons but they refused to let me use the Universal coupons on movies "on sale". The manager told me that I can't "double dip".

[quote name='typical guy']A word of warning, this movie will be considered "On Sale". When I've used coupons on movies that were on sale in the past, I've been shot down. I don't remember it happening with the Disney coupons but they refused to let me use the Universal coupons on movies "on sale". The manager told me that I can't "double dip".[/QUOTE]That was because the Universal coupons said they were on "regular-priced" Blu-rays; Disney has no such restriction on its coupons. (The "not with any other offer" fine print on Disney coupons only means "no other coupons", which is standard.) The Universal coupons also had an unusual UPC code that kept them from scanning at many stores; this one has the usual Disney $10-off UPC, which should work OK.

Generally, the best place to use coupons like this is Target; as long as you use only one coupon per item (exceeding that violates Target policy and is generally illegal) and the UPC is OK, they'll usually let you even stretch the terms a bit (i.e., use it on the 1-disc BD-only instead of the 3-disc combo pack). Walmart is also pretty good, especially if yours has a self-checkout; just tap the "coupon" button, scan it, and if it takes, stuff it in the coupon slot--no arguing with the cashier.

hrmph. Amazon just shipped a pre-order for this. I had it there hoping for a price-drop but nooooooo.

[quote name='bitzer']hrmph. Amazon just shipped a pre-order for this. I had it there hoping for a price-drop but nooooooo.[/QUOTE]

and thats why i never buy these things from amazon, i have been sent the product early twice, it usually isnt the best deal.

[quote name='bitzer']hrmph. Amazon just shipped a pre-order for this. I had it there hoping for a price-drop but nooooooo.[/QUOTE]

When that happens, just do a return on Amazon and "pay for my own shipping back".

Don't open the package, call UPS and refuse the package and do return to sender. The UPS dude just picks up the unopened box and it goes back to amazon free of charge as long as it's UNOPENED.

Get your refund. Mine shipped too because I forgot I preordered it from my Goldbox WAY back when.

[quote name='darthcynicus']I just saw this recently and thought it was atrocious. Single waif-y girl acting badly against imaginary green screens for 2 hours of incomprehensibility (even by Lewis Carrol standards). As a fan of both Burton and Alice in Wonderland, this was a travesty. A derailed train wreck of bloated studio excess and pandering to Burton's 'quirkiness', which hasn't produced anything worth watching since Big Fish.

Gods I cannot get over how horrid it was. And Burton needs to get over his man-crush on Depp.

K. SOrry, I'm done :)[/QUOTE]

whats awesome is that i (and many others) thought the movie was wonderful.

opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

i saw this in 3d in theaters and now ill be getting the bluray. hope they do more of these chocolate factory/alice in wonderland style remakes.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Just happen to see Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) today registered by Disney. The coupon is not live, but be sure to check back. Look like its going to be $10 printable coupon again just like the previous Disney released.

http://www.alicecoupon.com

Credit to Booth from DVDTalk forum

EDIT: ITS LIVE![/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Best Buy AD is showing $26.99 for Combo Pack & Best Buy Exclusive, $19.99 for Single Disc. Also, take $5 off exclusive combo pack during Midnight Opening plus free Mad Hatter Poster for the first 50 customers at each store.

In summary,

Midnight Opening Maddest Deal
$26.99 - BB Exclusive Como Pack Only
- $5 Maddest Discount
- $10 Manufacturer Coupon
Free Poster
Total: $11.99

All Week
$26.99 BB Exclusive & Combo Pack
-$10.00 Manufacturer Coupon
Total: $16.99

[quote name='philmcfly']When that happens, just do a return on Amazon and "pay for my own shipping back".

Don't open the package, call UPS and refuse the package and do return to sender. The UPS dude just picks up the unopened box and it goes back to amazon free of charge as long as it's UNOPENED.

Get your refund. Mine shipped too because I forgot I preordered it from my Goldbox WAY back when.[/QUOTE]

You can always just mark the package REFUSED, RETURN TO SENDER (even cheaper!) ;-)

Glad there's a coupon for this.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy AD is showing $26.99 for Combo Pack & Best Buy Exclusive, $19.99 for Single Disc. Also, take $5 off exclusive combo pack during Midnight Opening plus free Mad Hatter Poster for the first 50 customers at each store.

In summary,

Midnight Opening Maddest Deal
$26.99 - BB Exclusive Como Pack Only
- $5 Maddest Discount
- $10 Manufacturer Coupon
Free Poster
Total: $11.99

All Week
$26.99 BB Exclusive & Combo Pack
-$10.00 Manufacturer Coupon
Total: $16.99[/QUOTE]

lol time escapes me... so which day does this come out?... Tuesday the first?... so I'm goin there at night on Monday?

[quote name='philmcfly']When that happens, just do a return on Amazon and "pay for my own shipping back".

Get your refund. Mine shipped too because I forgot I preordered it from my Goldbox WAY back when.[/QUOTE]

You don't even have to contact Amazon. I refused my shipment for Daria and when they got it they automatically processed the refund.

Well BestBuy's midnight openings seem to be very limited so Ymmv being able to get in on the 'midnight opening deal' stores below.

ARIZONA
Paradise Valley
Prescott
CALIFORNIA
Mira Mesa
Natomas
Redding
Roseville
San Bernardino
Tracy
Woodland
GEORGIA
Gwinnett
Savannah
ILLINOIS
Bloomingdale
Carbondale
Deerfield
Harlem and Irving
INDIANA
Valparaiso
KANSAS
Olathe
KENTUCKY
Florence
LOUISIANA
Bossier City
MICHIGAN
Farmington Hills
MINNESOTA
Maple Grove
MISSOURI
Lee's Summit
NEVADA
Carson Valley
East Sparks
Reno
Sparks
NEW JERSEY
Eatontown
Holmdel
Union
NEW YORK
Syracuse
OHIO
Dayton Mall
Morse
PENNSYLVANIA
Greensburg
Plymouth Meeting
Scranton
Wyomiss/Reading
York
PUERTO RICO
Caguas
Plaza Carolina
SOUTH CAROLINA
Columbiana Mall
TEXAS
Midland
North Arlington
Pasadena
South Fort Worth
VIRGINIA
Leesburg
WEST VIRGINIA
Granville

Hmm, I'd rather just have the single disc blu-ray, although the 3 disc art is better. But for $16 I might get it on tuesday.

Frys are accepting manufacturer coupon. (LA Times)

2398895_7247566.jpg

Before trotting down there to camp out for the midnight release. I just got off the phone with their support and it sounds like it's a fairy limited 'event'. No stores in Washington state or Oregon are participating.

I asked just on a whim if it would be possible to get the $5 coupon for stores that don't have the event going on, and the answer was a pretty quick, "nope, we don't have any way to do that." hey - didn't hurt to ask!

Just got off the phone with customer service. They told me that I should get the midnight special price if I order after midnight on the 1st and if not to contact them and they will fix it.

Thinking about doing this and then picking up in store and having them rering with the coupon.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Is the wal-mart price confirmed for in store?[/QUOTE]

I dont receive walmart ads anymore... but betting at that price it'll be the same instore...

I am liking the notion of placing the order after Midnight and checking to get the price, then picking up in store. Here's the list (wasn't available before) of the store locations that will participate. I wonder how they decided which ones to pick?

Alice In Wonderland
Midnight Store Opening Locations
Revisit the whimsical world of one of the year's must-own movies. Dozens of Best Buy stores will open at midnight on May 31 (Monday night), so you can buy this blockbuster as soon as it releases on Tuesday, June 1.

Locations and events are subject to change. Check with your store for full details.

ARIZONA
Paradise Valley
Prescott

CALIFORNIA
Mira Mesa
Natomas
Redding
Roseville
San Bernardino
Tracy
Woodland

GEORGIA
Gwinnett
Savannah

ILLINOIS
Bloomingdale
Carbondale
Deerfield
Harlem and Irving

INDIANA
Valparaiso

KANSAS
Olathe

KENTUCKY
Florence

LOUISIANA
Bossier City

MICHIGAN
Farmington Hills

MINNESOTA
Maple Grove

MISSOURI
Lee's Summit

NEVADA
Carson Valley
East Sparks
Reno
Sparks

NEW JERSEY
Eatontown
Holmdel
Union

NEW YORK
Syracuse

OHIO
Dayton Mall
Morse

PENNSYLVANIA
Greensburg
Plymouth Meeting
Scranton
Wyomiss/Reading
York

PUERTO RICO
Caguas
Plaza Carolina

SOUTH CAROLINA
Columbiana Mall

TEXAS
Midland
North Arlington
Pasadena
South Fort Worth

VIRGINIA
Leesburg

WEST VIRGINIA
Granville

[quote name='freelancer85']Where do you get the coupon printer thing? I'm on a mac.[/QUOTE]

I am also using a Mac. I went to www.alicecoupon.com, generated a user ID, and then it takes you through step by step. There is a small piece of software to download (the coupon printer) which, personally i kinda bristled at, but hey, $10 is $10. Anyway, after that just click to print and you're all set (assuming you have a printer connected to your mac in some way, with paper and ink and power :).

Last edited by a moderator:
2c here...

While I'm a huge Burton fan this movie really disappointed me. Wife and I watched this last night and found it really difficult to watch. He was trying way to hard on this one.

This will unfortunately be the 1st Burton movie I won't be purchasing.

I called the Syracuse store today to ask if they would allow the $10 coupon on top of the $5 midnight rebate and they said that they aren't going to have the midnight release anymore. I'd check with the store before heading out.

bread's done
Back