LIVE UPDATED: Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) - $10 Disney Coupon

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Just happen to see Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) today registered by Disney. The coupon is not live, but be sure to check back. Look like its going to be $10 printable coupon again just like the previous Disney released.

http://www.alicecoupon.com

Credit to Booth from DVDTalk forum

EDIT: ITS LIVE!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Or even better, just rip/fold "Midnight Opening Banner" AD and present it to cash register to take $5 off + $10 coupon. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Did this ad come with the regular one or did you have to go get it?

[quote name='Mako1215']Did this ad come with the regular one or did you have to go get it?[/QUOTE]

I just went to BB site and looked at the weekly ad, printed it and will take it Tuesday to see if I can get the total end price of $11.99. If not, I will probably wait until Black Friday.

[quote name='Mako1215']Really! fucking Florance, KY.... Damn. Just do it in Louisville.[/QUOTE]

lol agreed KY list of places is pretty weak. I called my local BB in KY and they said that even though they are not having a midnight release they will honor the $5 off the BB exclusive. The first 2 hours of opening not sure if they will take the coupon for the BB exclusive version but it doesn't hurt to try.

Sucks not having a Fry's or UE near.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']I was so excited to see this movie and watched it in the theater. I was very disappointed. Horrible movie and very boring.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I saw this movie last Thursday at a theater that happens to play movies from a couple months back, and wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but still plan on getting it if it is $10 after using coupons and what not. :D

[quote name='Animal7390']yes[/QUOTE]

Great...cause the image on the coupon is different then the one in the ad..which the clerk will fight me on :whistle2:\

[quote name='ITDEFX']Great...cause the image on the coupon is different then the one in the ad..which the clerk will fight me on :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

they may, but to my knowledge, it states combo pack on it, but ultimately, they should take it

5692 West Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, TX 77505 The only location near Houston might need to get the TOM TOM ready not sure if I want to go or not?

I do not know why BB thinks it will be a good idea to promote a midnight opening in their Sunday ad when the majority of people don't even live near a store that is participating.

My local BB 5 mins away from my house is CLOSED. The next one is 15 minutes away & i don't feel like driving to pick up my copy at midnight & Save extra $5. Too many Deers on the HWY is too dangerous, lol

[quote name='AuchTober'] [...] Here's the list (wasn't available before) of the store locations that will participate. I wonder how they decided which ones to pick? [...][/QUOTE]

wtf... no love for New Mexico?

I love how all the Nevada locations opening at Midnight for release are in the smallest towns in the state. Sparks, NV, really??? There are 6 Best Buys in Vegas/Henderson and none are opening at Midnight. Oh well, gonna have to pick it up in the morning.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I love how all the Nevada locations opening at Midnight for release are in the smallest towns in the state. Sparks, NV, really??? There are 6 Best Buys in Vegas/Henderson and none are opening at Midnight. Oh well, gonna have to pick it up in the morning.[/QUOTE]

I live by Sparks and I wouldn't call it small. Sparks is basically Reno, which is a decently sized city. I did find it funny though that not one Las Vegas location will be open. There must be a reason for this...

IMG_0442__Medium_.jpg

Click here for more pictures.

Just to let everyone know. They are all the same. Those are just whichever "limited edition" card comes first. If you ever plan on opening the movie you will have remove the cards.

I had no problem picking up mine with the coupon. $13.69 out the door.

Edit: The Best Buy edition is pretty pointless. The cards are trash, and the sliver slipcase with the keyhole won't come close to fitting once you take off the plastic shrink wrap around the bluray and cards. Can't complain though, but if I bought the Best Buy edition at full price, I'd have issues.

i just got off the phone with customer service and they said they can't honor the $5 off because that was instore only, so my best bet would be to try to go to a b&m in the morning and see if they'd honor the $5 off.

so, eventhough i'm going to try, i'm nearly positive i'm going to get the "that was only for the midnight promotion" spiel. oh well.

what a clustershaqfu of a promotion.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Just to let everyone know. They are all the same. Those are just whichever "limited edition" card comes first. If you ever plan on opening the movie you will have remove the cards.

I had no problem picking up mine with the coupon. $13.69 out the door.

Edit: The Best Buy edition is pretty pointless. The cards are trash, and the sliver slipcase with the keyhole won't come close to fitting once you take off the plastic shrink wrap around the bluray and cards. Can't complain though, but if I bought the Best Buy edition at full price, I'd have issues.[/QUOTE]

You're so lucky. I had the worst experience ever at the best buy I went to. What a load of crap. I drove all the way to the Best buy in Woodland Hills, CA... I was there for the midnight release and they couldn't even honor my $10 coupon. First, they said that since the image on the coupon didn't match their Best buy exclusive, I wasn't entitled to their exclusive version of the movie. Therefore, I tried getting the regular version, and when they tried scanning the coupon, the machine didn't accept it. Myself and a few other customers brought their coupon and the manager was being a total jerk, and said they never allowed such coupons in their store before... They didn't even give out free posters as advertised. What a waste of gas, and the worst best buy and manager I've ever came in contact with...

[quote name='thesis88']You're so lucky. I had the worst experience ever at the best buy I went to. What a load of crap. I drove all the way to the Best buy in Woodland Hills, CA... I was there for the midnight release and they couldn't even honor my $10 coupon. First, they said that since the image on the coupon didn't match their Best buy exclusive, I wasn't entitled to their exclusive version of the movie. Therefore, I tried getting the regular version, and when they tried scanning the coupon, the machine didn't accept it. Myself and a few other customers brought their coupon and the manager was being a total jerk, and said they never allowed such coupons in their store before... They didn't even give out free posters as advertised. What a waste of gas, and the worst best buy and manager I've ever came in contact with...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you should compose a well mannered e-mail to someone in power. I don't think these coupons have ever scanned correctly in their system, but there is a "MANUFACTURER'S COUPON" button for them to input the value. You probably just ran into a manager that was pissed that they were opening at midnight for this. At the Sparks location, there were only three people there, including myself. There were also at least five employees staffed. This midnight thing was a complete bust for Best Buy. Unless they're making monster profits off their "exclusive" version, I don't see the plus of wasting payroll for a few people who don't feel like waiting until the morning. At my store, they were only letting people buy Alice in Wonderland, but maybe at others they were hoping people would come to buy Alice in Wonderland, but also get other stuff...like $2000 television sets?

[quote name='kinga']5692 West Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, TX 77505 The only location near Houston might need to get the TOM TOM ready not sure if I want to go or not?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you were one of the dozen or so people waiting in line there, but that's all you would have done - wait in line. Store NEVER opened.

Talk about some pissed off people.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone been to Walmart to check out the price there for the 3-disc version?[/QUOTE]

I have not been to the physical store, but the website still shows it at $24.96. I live in a fairly geographically challenging area, but I happen to be heading to the town the only Best Buy on "my side of the water" is in, so I plan on checking there, if they won't honor the $5 promo and the $10 coupon, then it's off to Costco, then perhaps Target and/or Walmart on the way home. No way I'd be driving all over for this thing, but they all happen to be along the route home for me. I'll post what I find out

FWIW I've always had great experience with this particular BB - they have honoured the KMart ads in the past, (even though the only one in the area has already closed). *fingers crossed* that the trend continues.

[quote name='mantis23']Used the coupon on the single disc version at Target with no issues. in and out in under 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Did it scan or did they have to override it?

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Did it scan or did they have to override it?[/QUOTE]

Every time I have used a Disney $10 coupon at Target they have scanned it with NO problems - never a price override.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone been to Walmart to check out the price there for the 3-disc version?[/QUOTE]

It is $26.86 at Walmart and they will not price match their website.

well, imma give it a shot at BB w/ the Exclusive edition..gonna go straight to customer service..wish someone else tried it to verify if coupon worked w/o a hitch..oh well!

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']It is $26.86 at Walmart and they will not price match their website.[/QUOTE]

The last time I went to Walmart and asked them to price match, the manager of the electronics area looked like she had just stuck a piece of kitty roca in her mouth, then she said no. I drove straight over to BB, and they took the Kmart ad for FFXIII and MW2 @ $29.99 w/out an issue. The cashier's comment to me when I thanked her was, "Hey - bottom line? that's $70 more than we would have sold if I told you no."

Sure, they're an evil empire, but they save me munies!

FYI - Just off the phone with KMart - their "sale price" on the Alice Blu-Ray combo pack is $29.95. /pass

I just called frys regarding the $10 off selected disney blurays offer. The only BDs eligible were enchanted and bridge to terabithia, both $15 after the discount.

i don't know if this is worth a purchase...but a fan of Tim Burton! How did you like it and which store is selling the cheapest? Thanks!

[quote name='token2k6']well, imma give it a shot at BB w/ the Exclusive edition..gonna go straight to customer service..wish someone else tried it to verify if coupon worked w/o a hitch..oh well![/QUOTE]The coupons scans at Target, TRU and Walmart without any prompting or needed input by the cashier.

Best Buy, they have to go into the register (F6, I think), and there's a menu option off of that for a manufacturer coupon, which they have to put in the amount. It doesn't auto-scan with the UPC at all like it does elsewhere.

I avoid BB with these coupons being out for that very reason. Since Target now price matches within 7 days from purchase, if someone else has it on sale between now and next Monday, you can get the difference back.

Shrike, you are right, forgot about the part where they enter the value only, no scan, that is exactly what happened, and its F7 by the way ;) (it's also highlighted yellow, the only one that is)

I can also add that if for some reason they deny it b/c its the Exclusive Edition, you could try to slide the outer slipcover down, revealing the regular UPC 3-pack. Worth a shot I guess if you're convincing enough, but then their inventory would be jacked..my checkout girl didn't really say anything about the pictures not matching.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']It is $26.86 at Walmart and they will not price match their website.[/QUOTE]

Meh...even with employee discount, that makes the end price $16. Not a great price + not a great movie = not terribly impressed.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Sounds like you should compose a well mannered e-mail to someone in power. I don't think these coupons have ever scanned correctly in their system, but there is a "MANUFACTURER'S COUPON" button for them to input the value. You probably just ran into a manager that was pissed that they were opening at midnight for this. At the Sparks location, there were only three people there, including myself. There were also at least five employees staffed. This midnight thing was a complete bust for Best Buy. Unless they're making monster profits off their "exclusive" version, I don't see the plus of wasting payroll for a few people who don't feel like waiting until the morning. At my store, they were only letting people buy Alice in Wonderland, but maybe at others they were hoping people would come to buy Alice in Wonderland, but also get other stuff...like $2000 television sets?[/QUOTE]

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Customer service, and fortunately, I had a lady that was very cooperative and helpful over the phone. She basically asked me to dish out all the details, which I did. Afterwards, she tried getting in contact with the manager at the Best Buy I went to, and surprisingly, the manager wasn't reachable... I wonder why. Ha! Anyway, she told me she will continue to try to get a hold of this manager, and will have until today to resolve this case for me. I believe she said that at the end of the day, it's really up to the manager to decide whether or not he wants to honor these coupons or not... If he does, I might get a reimbursement because even though I couldn't use the coupon during midnight, I still bought the movie anyway... If for some reason I can't get a reimbursement, then I will return my movie and get my money back. Therefore, I will take my business elsewhere (Target) and I assure you that this will probably be the last time I buy movies at this exact best buy location. It's so ridiculous.

[quote name='polo14player']Wonder if bj's will accept coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes BJ's is accepting coupons. Also there's an instant rebate of $8 if you buy Alice with Berkley & Jensen case of bottled water. You can ask for the coupon at member services or check service desk or store entrance. (Thanks to kk725 at DVDTalk.com.) Someone on Blu-ray.com said the water in their area cost $3.69 (though prices vary in different areas) and had an instant rebate of $3. Total paid $11.68 plus tax out the door for both.

$28.99 Alice in Wonderland 3-Disc Blu-ray combo
+$ 3.69 approximately for water
-$ 3.00 instant rebate for Alice in Wonderland
-$ 8.00 BJ's coupon for water & Alice
-$10.00 manufacturer's coupon for Alice
----------------------------------------------------
Total: $11.68 plus all applicable taxes

alicebd_coupon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the BB exclusive edition with the coupon. Lady looked at it closely for a sec then went to talk to someone at customer service. She came back and just inputted the amount of the coupon on the register.

Weird...went to Fry's because they had it advertised for $14.95 after coupon, but at checkout the girl said we don't accept the coupons the register just automatically takes $10 off which it did, and rang up at the right price. Don't they need to turn the coupon over to the manufacturer to get reimbursed for the difference?

[quote name='snausages']Yes BJ's is accepting coupons. Also there's an instant rebate of $8 if you buy Alice with Berkley & Jense case of bottled water. You can ask for the coupon at member services or check service desk or store entrance. (Thanks to kk725 at DVDTalk.com.) Someone on Blu-ray.com said the water in their area cost $3.69 (though prices vary in different areas) and had an instant rebate of $3. Total paid $11.68 plus tax out the door for both.

$28.99 Alice in Wonderland 3-Disc Blu-ray combo
+$ 3.69 approximately for water
-$ 3.00 instant rebate for water
-$ 8.00 instant rebate for water & Alice
-$10.00 manufacturer's coupon for Alice
----------------------------------------------------
Total: $11.68 plus all applicable taxes

alicebd_coupon.jpg
[/QUOTE]
sweet!! and thanks! :applause:

Used the coupon at the Montclair CA Best Buy with no problems. The coupon as others mentioned did not scan, but the lady recognized it as a manufacturers coupon. She didn't know what to do so she did a price override. I also used a $5 Best Buy reward zone coupon. Got the Best Buy Exclusive version with no problems.

bread's done
Back