LOCK PLZ: General Gaming Talk -- What are ya playin? Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']It's not $20 'cause it's good. :)

I started playing FFXII again today. I'm 21 hours in, I figured I might as well finish it.[/QUOTE]I think Enchanted Arms is good, but mostly a 7/10 game.

However, as for FFXII, I just can't get into the game, for some reason. I'm like one of the biggest FFVII, FFIX, FFX, etc. fanboys ever, yet I can't get into it. Could be because I disliked Vagrant Story (just not for me). I bought .Hack//G.U. Volume 1 just after FFXII and I just seemed to enjoy it more.

[quote name='zewone']FFXII has some terrible dungeons towards the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

That sucks...I was debating whether to finish the game. Is it really tedious or what?

[quote name='Apossum']That sucks...I was debating whether to finish the game. Is it really tedious or what?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, long dungeons with annoying puzzles and tough enemies.

Better pack them phoenix downs when you're in town!
[quote name='Chacrana']I liked those later dungeons. Especially the one in the middle of that river.[/QUOTE]

I just started that one.

Hmm it seems in NGS on hard there aren't any nunchakus anywhere. I remember in NGB you started off with them, could be a programing error. Ha whats new eh? Btw is it just me or is there a shit load of mid loading in chapter 6-7 towards the end? I can't remember which chapter for sure it is, but it's the chapter after you finish Rachel's first one. Holy hell....

I just got the Darkness last night. Pretty cool vibe to it.

I got to the part, pretty early on, where the police are after you. I got pretty far the first time I played the section, but ended up dying. Now the helicopter seems to carve me up consantly. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong (or differently from the first time I played it) but it's getting kinda annoying ;)

100%ed Super Princess Peach yesterday. Fun game that isn't all that difficult to 100%.

Now it's on to Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and I need to pick Phoenix Wright 2 back up.

[quote name='Mr_Vanderbilt']Playing Splinter Cell on XBOX. Never got to play this series. Not bad looking for an old ass game. :)[/QUOTE]

That and the GTA double pack were the first games I played on the Xbox. The character animation for Sam in that first training mission blew me away. I hadn't really gamed at all for 3 or so years so it was like a quantum leap from the PS1/N64 stuff I had left off with. :)

I also remember first noticing the dude's arm actually turned the steering wheel in GTA 3.

FFXII has grown on me. As much as I didn't like it at the beginning, the battle system grew on me. I just wish I had bothered with some of the high end equipment and spells. It's cool that you can beat the game without them but it's always nice to see the best stuff you possibly get.

As for Enchanted Arms, I haven't played it yet. That being said, you could always use that $20 for Final Fantasy X and something else like Dragon Quest VIII, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean. You could even go super old school and pick up Vagrant Story or Xenogears.

I think I'm going to finish Resistance tonight. I had to put it down because I played it right after I finished Prey. I find it hard to play similar FPS right after another because sometimes I default to the other control scheme. It always sucks to toss a grenade when I wanted to be all stealthy and zoom in on someone to pick them off.

Apparently if you get G4's coverage of the MS conference and turn the volume way up, you can hear this guy pleading not to cut to commercial at the end during the Halo trailer.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Apparently if you get G4's coverage of the MS conference and turn the volume way up, you can hear this guy pleading not to cut to commercial at the end during the Halo trailer.[/QUOTE]
I thought that was really stupid of G4.

I'd love to hear that myself.

[quote name='depascal22']It's Gears night tonight! I might be hosting a room if there's enough interest for more than one or two rooms.[/QUOTE]
I'll be there.

I finished Daxter. I want to play a game that DOESN'T have an incredibly disappointing ending sequence. The last few games I've finished all have had terrible endings. Daxter's is a 10 second clip of everyone in a bar. Pathetic.

I'm onto Killzone Liberation now, but I don't play much lately, just a little before bed. If I was smart, I'd probably sell all my home systems and just stick with the portables. I'm never home enough to play them during the day, and I don't play them when I am home.

Liberation is fun, great ragdoll and fun scenarios.. even if it is just shooting.

What's with all the E3 negativity, by the way? Everybody knew it wouldn't be a big show this year, and mostly just promoting what we've already seen. The typical gamer's expectations are so blown out of proportion.. Get a few years behind the curve, learn to buy something cheap, really enjoy it, and finish it.

more grinding in DDS for me.

hey...do your characters carry over to DDS2?

[quote name='Apossum']more grinding in DDS for me.

hey...do your characters carry over to DDS2?[/QUOTE]

Not their stats, but depending on what you have done, you can get access to a bonus character, and you start off with some shit that you wouldn't have otherwise.

Whew, good games, Gears people. And whoever said it (probably L337 Sn4x), was right: I went to get some cocoa puffs, but when I grabbed the bowl, I noticed the two dinner plates next to each other. They looked like tits, so I jerked off to them and, right on schedule, finished the deed in three minutes. Then I ate Cocoa Puffs (tm).

Nearing the end of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, but wtf? Is this whole game popping out from behind cover and shooting? This is not what SF 1 & 2 were like. Also I played a match online, and I can see why no one does. If you've played the game before, you can just throw a flash grenade, and kill noobs while they can't see. If you haven't, you can pretty much just die.

[quote name='Chacrana']Not their stats, but depending on what you have done, you can get access to a bonus character, and you start off with some shit that you wouldn't have otherwise.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo....

that sucks. oh well.

Hey Pete, is there a lot of lag in it? Marvel is the first game I've tried online and left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth as far as online psp games go.

ive been playing

ps3 - superstardust -
sigma
the darkness
rainbow 6 online
tekken 5 dr

ps2
god of war 2
bully
metal gear solid 3

ds
new mario bros
phoneix wright 1st
zelda phontom hourglass - japanesse version

wii
re4

I started playing TMNT last night and while it's really not a good game, I'm enjoying it because I haven't played that kind of platforming game in a long time. Plus frequent gamerscore rewards help too.

I'm also still hooked on Catan, although I'm annoyed I haven't gotten the 500 point achievement yet, despite winning 30 games and having 60-odd losses.

Started playing FFX a couple of days ago. I can't tell if I like it or not, though. Should I know already 9-10 hours in? Or should I just start playing FFTactics again?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']I just started playing Unreal Championship 2 since it went BC. Anyone play online?[/QUOTE]

I just picked it up today...It was free with King of Fighters 2002/2003 for the Xbox at Blockbuster.

I pretty much got it because I could get a free game and it was the best one $9.99 or under (KoF was $9.99.) Is it good?

Is the buy 2 get 1 free for Xbox games still going on at EB/GS. That would be sweet a Gamestop on my way to work has Ninja Gaiden, Jet Set Radio Future(not the combo disk), and Unreal 2 all in stock. $15 for all 3, hell yes.

[quote name='whoknows']Is TMNT worth it just for the fact it has the turtles in it? I constantly see it for $20 and want to get it but dont.[/quote]If you're not afariad to sell something after you're done, it's a pretty decent play-it-and-sell-it game. I had fun with it. If you're the type of person that keeps everything, it's kinda hard to justify spending even $20 for a spot in your permanent collection.

I played some Need for Speed Carbon online (PS3) with a friend of mine at midnight. Lots of fun. Awesome because my BT headset works well, compared to my old USB one that didn't work, so I can now chat while playing PS3 games online (It's quite interesting how my voice sounds, because it's quite surprising). Played some Enchanted Arms (PS3) also. I decided to try to beat Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PSP), since I'm in a Syphon Filter mood. Awesome game. I really like the Logan's Shadow demo and want to finish the game before that.

I'm playing Metroid Prime 2. I got it back when it came out in 2004, but never got all that far into it. Anyway, I frickin' love this game. Just got past the part where you get the power bomb. I still don't think it's as good as the first game, simply because the environments aren't as interesting, but it's still awesome.

I cannot wait for MP3. If that one surpasses the first game in terms of quality, then wow. I can't even imagine how good that'll be.

Metroid Prime 1 is still tied with a few other games as my favorite game of all time. Yeah, I liked it that much.

24: The Game, which is miserable since it couldn't decide what kind of game to be, so it became every type of game imaginable. That and because of these ridiculous interrogation sequences.

I can't get back into MP2. I'm totally lost, and have no idea where to go next :/

I played a lot of Socom (psp) online yesterday. I was shocked there are over 7,000 people playing at any given time.

Also, I'm so glad my Marvel:UA is working fine on the psp now. My cousin and I get on our cell phones and play together...free headset FTW! :lol: I should actually look into a psp headset though, it seems like everyone in socom has one.

I've really been impressed by my psp so far. All the negativity it gets around here had been holding me back from getting one until recently.

Oh yeah, I started a new game. I mean, there's no f'in way I could just get right back into things after 2 1/2 years like that.

[quote name='Apossum']I just picked it up today...It was free with King of Fighters 2002/2003 for the Xbox at Blockbuster.

I pretty much got it because I could get a free game and it was the best one $9.99 or under (KoF was $9.99.) Is it good?[/quote]
I really like it, it's just nothing like other Unreal Tournaments. A lot more emphasis on jumping around and this game has melee combat.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh yeah, I started a new game. I mean, there's no f'in way I could just get right back into things after 2 1/2 years like that.[/QUOTE]

I could never get into Prime 1 or 2. I might try picking up the 1st one and giving it another shot. I don't know why I could never stand it before, I just couldn't.

Done with Gun, now onto finishing Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I might also pick up Metroid Prime again, I too could never get into the game but seeing that Metroid Prime 3 is coming I think I'll give Metroid Prime another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back