-= Lockerz Prizes =- What Are You Getting? *No Referrals Allowed*

Redemption page wouldn't even load for me this time around.

Congrats if anyone actually managed to get anything. I forgot how bad general redemptions could be.

they did something weird to the fill out forms where you input your name and address and stuff, cause my autofill wouldn't work. They changed the "field rules" to random stuff like poisonivy and ailanthus and dandelion

The hackers were out in full force tonight!

I was there the second it went up, was able to log in 30 seconds into it, and everything was pretty much gone. I "almost" was able to order $25 paypal, but after entering all my info the redeem button never showed.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']they did something weird to the fill out forms where you input your name and address and stuff, cause my autofill wouldn't work. They changed the "field rules" to random stuff like poisonivy and ailanthus and dandelion[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thought that was only me, I was like wtf when I hit my hotkey. I can still type pretty fast, but between that and my long ass captcha I got, I got burned. Thought I had a good shot as I refreshed the redeem page and it booted me back to my locker, and then went back to refresh the redeem page twic and it updated on the second F5.

I tried to go for $200 paypal but I guess that was a little optimistic but it looks like I still managed to redeem $25 paypal, not bad for a 1st redemption (...and last) but why the heck do they charge shipping points for paypal?

the redemption site was super slow and by the time it loaded everything was fresh out. Just picked up a free ps3 game and i'm done with the site!

Everybody is loading shop now to spend their points,lol. Taking forever to load on that, but the rest of the site is fine.

So has anyone ordered anything from shop (that wasn't lockerz brand) and received it? I've heard it takes over a month to get stuff.

I've got about enough for a 50% discount on a PS3 and mine died recently...

[quote name='KrebStar']So has anyone ordered anything from shop (that wasn't lockerz brand) and received it? I've heard it takes over a month to get stuff.

I've got about enough for a 50% discount on a PS3 and mine died recently...[/QUOTE]

I got two DVDs so far and they took about 20 days or so. I'm waiting on almost a month since the shipping day for a watch that I guess UPS delivered to the wrong place, and I'm trying to get my PTZ back for it... But yeah, expect somewhere between 18+ days for your item...

anyone noticed the ptz cost discrepancies for games in shop? i'm not talking about the $50 games costing more ptz than $60 ones. most $60 games cost just under 5k ptz, but theres some that cost 5.6k, 6k or in the case of alpha protocol for 360, 12k. what's up with that?

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']anyone noticed the ptz cost discrepancies for games in shop? i'm not talking about the $50 games costing more ptz than $60 ones. most $60 games cost just under 5k ptz, but theres some that cost 5.6k, 6k or in the case of alpha protocol for 360, 12k. what's up with that?[/QUOTE]
just them price gouging the popular items it seems

in redemption news:
"SHOP — Early Bird Redemption — Gain access to a very select ultra exclusive redemption by making a purchase in SHOP and spending at least $1.79 (excluding shipping and taxes) between 12:00 PM EDT July 1st — July 11th @ 11:59 PM EDT"

I went ahead and got the Dio - Holy Diver CD, lol. Plan on listening/ripping it then selling it and make my money back

[quote name='NDarkness']Yeah, I just spent 1.80 on citrus lotion for my sister. HOPEFULLY this redemption will be better.[/QUOTE]

I'd say there's a good chance for that, between practically the world hating them and now having to spend $1.79 to get into it, I don't think that redemption will be too crowded... But... The stock will probably be at an all time low.

Lockerz is getting a lot of hate for this redemption. The problem is they kept racking up new members with retro ptzplace and 3x ptz for videos, the servers just could not handle it.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I'd say there's a good chance for that, between practically the world hating them and now having to spend $1.79 to get into it, I don't think that redemption will be too crowded... But... The stock will probably be at an all time low.[/QUOTE]

really? i think it will still be just as bad as every other redemption. the other shop ones were from what i've heard. the prizes for them lasted what, maybe a minute compared to the 30 seconds for a general redemption. it's not like the extra dollar needed to be spent in the shop is going to deter people.
and i'm betting that lockerz has hundreds of thousands of users if not over a million. and only thousands of prizes (less once you take out the wallpapers and iphone skins) even if half of them got fed up with the site and quit that still leaves a shitty user to prize ratio. that's why i've never even tried to get into a shop redemption and won't be in the future.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']really? i think it will still be just as bad as every other redemption. the other shop ones were from what i've heard. the prizes for them lasted what, maybe a minute compared to the 30 seconds for a general redemption. it's not like the extra dollar needed to be spent in the shop is going to deter people.
and i'm betting that lockerz has hundreds of thousands of users if not over a million. and only thousands of prizes (less once you take out the wallpapers and iphone skins) even if half of them got fed up with the site and quit that still leaves a shitty user to prize ratio. that's why i've never even tried to get into a shop redemption and won't be in the future.[/QUOTE]

The thing is for the SHOP redemptions, only U.S. (and whatever other countries are open to SHOP? I swore they tested and/or opened it for a few other countries, but I could be wrong) can participate, so that takes out a decent % of user-base already... Unlike the general redemption, which has a huge number of users going at it... Plus, I don't think I would be able to find many people who want to spend $1.79 now to get into a redemption on a product that is a bit overpriced and takes a month to get. Hell, they lost a watch I ordered and put me on a backorder list for a pair of Skullcandies when I ordered them within the first 30 minutes of the boutique being opened. I'd never spend a dollar on Lockerz and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. I was one of the biggest supporters back when the site was getting bigger, even up until earlier this year, but now I'm even seeing the crap they are trying to pass off. In the end, though, I'm glad I've gotten at least $400 worth of stuff from them for free, including the LAB hoodie I sold. I just want them to reimburse me for the watch, get me my headphones, let me order one more thing and I'm saying goodbye like a lot of CAGs have said as well.

so who ever redeemed anything in the general or bonus did you get a receipt yet. I redeemed a $50 paypal on bonus red. had my points deducted been over a week and no receipt. Damn you lockerz I want my money lol. Oh and still waiting for my Xbox to ship. been a week but I guess that is nothing.

I completely forgot that I bought something in shop to get into that bonus redemption (a whopping 90 cents!) Went to check my paypal and what do you know, it still says pending since June 17th.

Definitely cashing out in shop at some point rather than sticking around for future redemptions. Though, I hear a lot of people who order with ptz only get cancelled anyway so whatever. It was fun while it lasted.

damn since the 17. I bought the new xbox on the 2nd of July and here I was thinking they are shipping it next week. WTF. I will contact them next week since they probablt dont have it in stock and it states 10-17 days to ship. funny I bought a damn stupid sticker to get into the redeption and it shipped in 2 days via UPS. WTF seriously lockerz ever heard of USPS. it fits in an envelope.

Well it looks like 3x points is over.

However, there seems to be a problem. All the videos are shown as unviewed, even though I've done all but about 10. I can even go back and rewatch them for more points. This might sound like a good thing, but I'm worried that they'll use it as an excuse for cheating. Anyway have this problem?

Ha, so they stop triple ptz and make it so you can watch videos 5 times.

Depressing to think that so many people will actually watch all those videos 5 times. It's like some kind of sick study of human behavior.

so did they reset the views. I dont want to get banned for watching and getting ptz for videos i saw already. DAMN you lockerz why cant you make it clear what 5x means.

everyone was pissed off about the redemptions so they go with the triple points to get new people and maybe get old members to stick around... then they piss all of those people off so its 5x now!

The only good think about that is all of those 40 second videos, I'll probably run through all of those again in a day or two and cash out in the shop.

[quote name='KrebStar']Ha, so they stop triple ptz and make it so you can watch videos 5 times.

Depressing to think that so many people will actually watch all those videos 5 times. It's like some kind of sick study of human behavior.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I actually thought the same thing. It's like MST3K come to life.

I doubt that anybody will actually watch them all, though. I frankly doubt that there's even enough time in a month to do it. I spent hours "watching" the two idiots from the dailies and I still only got trough 5 pages of videos. Can you imagine how long it would take to go through all the frederator clips (most of which range from 10 to 15 minutes) and those stupid hairbangers videos (which range fro 10 to 38 minutes)?

im only going for the dailies and the 2 under clips. The dailies alone get you over 5500 ptz if you watch them all. since most of them are under a min I see it as 20 ptz in 5 mins. Not bad.

Lockerz gets a lot of crap for their redemptions, but really, Shop is run almost as poorly as their redemptions. They want you to buy stuff in shop, but yet, 75% of the stuff in shop is sold out. What the fuck is up with that? I mean seriously, how do you let more than half the stuff you have for sale go out of stock a few days into their availability?

On top of that, the selection of stuff that they have isn’t all that impressive. More than half of the stuff that is offered is geared towards women. I guess if you’re a woman, that’s not so bad, but I’m not a woman. I’d hazard to guess that most of lockerz members aren’t women either. Of the stuff that’s either gender neutral or geared to men, what do we have? A couple of CDs, a couple of DVDs, Some video games (probably the best thing that they have), some clothing (Most of which I wouldn’t be caught dead in). They also have a sea of ugly skins for electronic equipment. Yet they don’t have any of the electronic equipment for which they sell skins.

I’ve got 17,000 ptz at this point and I can’t find anything that I really want to use them on. I guess I’ll just watch a bunch more stuff in play and get enough ptz to get a PS3. At this point, that’s all I can see to get. I keep hoping that they’ll expand their selection, yet it continues to be the same old crap.

BTW, I took a pass on this version of the shop redemption. I’m gonna be going on vacation at the end of the month and I knew that there was a good chance that they’d have the redemption while I was away. Even if I had tried to get in on the redemption though, all the games that I might have wanted were long gone. Hurray for shop.

kind of surprising they shipped my Xbox 360 slim. It has been only 9 days since I placed the order. I guess since I paid $300 instead of using my ptz they decided to ship fast. lol.

Got an e-mail stating that the shop order I made about a month ago is back ordered, which is why paypal still has it as pending. They also gave me 125 ptz for the trouble. I'm not exactly dying in anticipation for that micro lip gloss anyway, so whatever.

I guess they sent out a bunch of redemption cancellations yesterday as well.

Edit: nevermind, i cant afford anything now that they raised the prices.

Can you all help me decide what to order from shop? I am trying to decide between 2 or 3 items, but i cant make my mind up. The three items are.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - I am not the biggest fan of the single player from the first game, but i liked the multiplayer. Is the VIP thing worth it, or should i just wait and buy it used.
Red Dead Redemption - I like GTA4, but i am not a huge western fan.
Alan Wake - I am really interested in this one but i probably wont order it because I expect it to go down in price pretty quickly. Also i am a big wuss when it comes to horror games/movies, how scary is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killer9']they raised the price on games now 11,000 to get um free now lame[/QUOTE]

Wow really.. That blows.

@Joker.. whats the glitch?

They raised prices on everything. fuck me, I guess buying that Harajuku Lovers shirt was a good idea, since I wouldn't be able to afford anything. As a FORMER LAB member, I can say it's finally time to call it quits with Lockerz, unless they make logging in and dailies worth 40 ptz each...

EDIT: Shit, he was right... Laptop bags and shit for 15 to 17 ptz... They won't honor it, though. Of course they won't.

[quote name='Vulgarism']They raised prices on everything. fuck me, I guess buying that Harajuku Lovers shirt was a good idea, since I wouldn't be able to afford anything. As a FORMER LAB member, I can say it's finally time to call it quits with Lockerz, unless they make logging in and dailies worth 40 ptz each...[/QUOTE]

x2

I have been a member of the site for almost a year, and i still cant afford a $60 game!:bomb:
I was ok with how they were handling SHOP, but doubling the ticket value for me was the final nail in the coffin. Again it shouldnt take a year to get a $60 game.

Crap, I should have cashed out while I had the chance! Oh well, I should have 11,000ptz by the time another decent game comes out. At least I got Crackdown 2 when the games were still "cheap". This whole artificial inflation bullshit is definitely the last straw though. They'll just keep raising the prices as they offer more ways to get points. It doesn't matter if there are potential tens of thousands of points to get, it still takes 100 hours to get anything worthwhile.

[quote name='JokerCard']Some blu-rays are there for less than 30 points! And some bags![/QUOTE]

Thanks, i ordered Dr. Strangelove, Harold and Kumar, Shaun of the Dead, and Princess Bride (all Blu's) for 97 PTZ. And when i went to the checkout page, it said shipping was free. I probably wont get them, but it makes me feel better.

EDIT: now with a picture
lockerz.jpg

[quote name='Unknown50862']Crap, I should have cashed out while I had the chance! Oh well, I should have 11,000ptz by the time another decent game comes out. At least I got Crackdown 2 when the games were still "cheap". This whole artificial inflation bullshit is definitely the last straw though. They'll just keep raising the prices as they offer more ways to get points. It doesn't matter if there are potential tens of thousands of points to get, it still takes 100 hours to get anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Hurry, like the dude said some Blus are like 30 ptz! I ordered two, and if they cancel, I'll fight it since they've been less helpful than smegma with the watch that I never received. I think that would be decent repayment.

I hope that lockerz headquarters gets swallowed up by a giant sinkhole.

It's like they're going out of their way to make us hate them.

bread's done
Back