Logitech Cordless Action $25 PS2

Cow_tipper

CAGiversary!
I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in Speedy's thread, but this week Best Buy has their Logitech Cordless Action controllers for the PS2 for only $25. You could also probably try to get an extra $5 off with a GGC.

These are by far the best wireless controllers for the PS2, and in my eyes the best controllers for the PS2 period. Now that I'm used to using them, the normal Dualshocks feel like crap to me.

Link- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Cordless+Action&type=product&id=1082742443038

They are nice controllers... but, last fall every warehouse/woot/tanga/mystery box type of site was selling refurbs... and I mean tons of them. Woot offered them 3 or 4 times. That makes you question how they hold up. I picked up 2 sets of the refurb ones from Woot and 2 did not work. When I called to replace them they didn't even want the broke ones back - the guy said so many were bad he was just sending out replacements. Makes you wonder...

Yeah theese are great controllers. Anyone looking for a PS2 wireless controller or any PS2 controller period should grab one of these.

Edit: Yeah I got one of those refurbs you were talking about for $12.50....no problems with it, but still $25 for a new one is a good deal.

Picked up one of these a few months ago at CompUSA for $20 AR.

Overall, I like this controller. It feels great in my hands, even better than the DualShock. OK, it looks cool, too. Main issue I have is the D-pad; it's a single circular piece that you can depress in the four directions. To me, it's mushier and less precise than using the four separate buttons on the DualShock. When speed and precision on the D-pad are a must, I use my DualShock.

Also, I think the vibration is stronger on the DualShock, so when I'm playing something that uses vibration a lot I tend to use the DualShock.

The only thing I hate about it is on the slim PS2, when you insert the memory card and the wireless receiver at the same time, it is an awfully tight fit. And you can solve the problem by moving the memory card to the 2nd slot, but it poses a problem when 2 people wanna use the controllers.

I got mine refurbed too, and though the X button stuck a little the first couple times I used it, I haven't had any problems since.

Also I agree about the d-pad, but the only games I've ever felt the need to use the d-pad on were Tony Hawk games.

I bought one today. Didn't even know about the deal til I went to Bestbuy with my fam and saw the ad for it. I was like "Holy ****!" I've been waiting forever for it to drop down from $40 and this was a perfect time to buy it because one of my controllers totally lost its vibration function. So far its pretty damn cool. I can finally play games from afar now.

I've been using one for nearly two years now and it is a great controller. There are some issues with the pressure sensitivity of the buttons in some games, namely Zone of the Enders 2 and MGS3. It is great for everything else though.

I have two of those and love them! I have no problem having both transceivers connected to my slim PS2 with memory card plugged in.

Is this the price in the store too? For $20 after GGC, I may pick one up as a spare in case one of my current units decides to retire.

[quote name='eau']Is this the price in the store too? For $20 after GGC, I may pick one up as a spare in case one of my current units decides to retire.[/QUOTE]
Looks like it's the same price in-store as well since it's available for in-store pickup

[quote name='bullsrfive']What is GGC?[/QUOTE]
Gamers Gift Card, I think

[quote name='eau']Is this the price in the store too? For $20 after GGC, I may pick one up as a spare in case one of my current units decides to retire.[/quote]
Yes, it was in the weekly ad.

[quote name='soulwish2003']They are nice controllers... but, last fall every warehouse/woot/tanga/mystery box type of site was selling refurbs... and I mean tons of them. Woot offered them 3 or 4 times. That makes you question how they hold up. I picked up 2 sets of the refurb ones from Woot and 2 did not work. When I called to replace them they didn't even want the broke ones back - the guy said so many were bad he was just sending out replacements. Makes you wonder...[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 of the refurbish controller before and they didn't work properly. I found out the issue was only that I have to recalibrate them.

bread's done
Back