Logitech G27 Racing Wheel - $218 @ Amazon.com - Pull the trigger or wait??

zeromyst

CAG Veteran
Hey guys and gals - long time lurker, first time poster here

With GT5 (finally) coming out in November - I plan to purchase the G27, Playseats racing seat, Playseats gear holder, Playseats seat slider kit and the Playseats mat. (to protect the hardwood flooring - I know I can get something cheaper from home depot but might as well complete the look, lol)

OK - so this morning I check the price on the G27 @ amazon.com and it's $218. It usually has hovered around the $230-260 mark. It also has something on the page today saying that it qualifies for free shipping today. (usually requires a shipping charge) Should I order it now (money is not a problem but just trying to get the best deal) or wait a bit longer and see if it drops under $200?

I'm kicking myself for missing out on the $180 deal that was posted last week (was out of town for the weekend) posted here - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269517

The latest I want to the order the wheel is early October. (that's my deadline to order all this stuff actually)

Help? :cry:

Well, after debating it a bit more and doing some research - it seems amazon has a 30 day price guarantee. (that they don't advertise)

So if I order the G27 today for $218 and it drops within the next 30 days - amazon will (hopefully) refund the difference. I don't believe it will drop much more though - maybe $20 or so.

Oh well - here goes nothing. Thanks for help...I guess, lol.

If you wait a year or so, G29 will come out and G27 price will drop.

What I'm trying to say is that, buy it now and enjoy it. Save your youth!! ;)

Yeah, lol - just got my order confirmation from amazon.

Can't wait for it to be on sale next week for $179.99 again - lol!

bread's done
Back