Logitech G500 Dented Box $41.50 after shipping at Logitech.com

OmegaTyrant

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone!

I spotted this on techbargains.com. Logitech is selling their G500s in dented boxes for $34.99 with $6.50 shipping. According to Logitech, the boxes are in bad shape but the mice are in perfect condition and are under full warranty.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/7394&ci=0
Use coupon code: logi_g500_8310 at checkout.

Make sure you use the coupon specified in the deal listing. I just ordered mine!
Expires 8/9

Original Post:
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/218290

[quote name='OmegaTyrant']Hello everyone!

I spotted this on techbargains.com. Logitech is selling their G500s in dented boxes for $34.99 with $6.50 shipping. According to Logitech, the boxes are in bad shape but the mice are in perfect condition and are under full warranty.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/7394&ci=0
Use coupon code: logi_g500_8310 at checkout.

Make sure you use the coupon specified in the deal listing. I just ordered mine!
Expires 8/9

Original Post:
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/218290[/QUOTE]

That looks sick. Not a computer gamer though. Thanks for the deal anywho

Great mouse.

Just be careful with "dented box" stuff from Logitech. Some of them are obviously returns and not completely brand new.

I bought a Squeezebox Duet from them that was a "dented box" and the thing came with a yellow Best Buy price tag on it and it had been opened. The internal seals were still unbroken though, so it seems somebody bought it and opened it, then decided to take it back.

I saw this over at Slickdeals. Free shipping for over $75 total purchase, and there's a speaker for 6 dollars..

Add these speakers for $6.99 to the mouse and your order will go over $75 before the coupon so you'll get free shipping.

Total for Mouse + speakers = $41.98
Total for mouse alone = $41.14

Other cheap stuff here including:
Dual Action Gamepad - Dented Box - $14.99
Internet USB 350 - Dented Box - $16.99
LS21 Stereo Speakers Red, Blue - $14.99
LS11 Speakers - Pink - $10.49
Cordless Action for PlayStation2 - Dented Box - $12.99
Precision PC Gaming Headset - Dented Box - $14.99
LX3 Optical Mouse - Dented Box - $11.99[

Just bought the G35 Headset from Logitech which was labeled as a dented box as well. Received it today and it looks brand new. From everything I have read, dented boxes that come from Logitech almost always come looking brand new.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Just bought the G35 Headset from Logitech which was labeled as a dented box as well. Received it today and it looks brand new. From everything I have read, dented boxes that come from Logitech almost always come looking brand new.[/QUOTE]
Same, but I got my G35 a few weeks ago.

I think the "dented box" thing is just a marketing strategy to get people to think they're getting a better (and more exclusive) deal than they really are. The G35s were a damn good deal, though.

[quote name='supaTONY']The reason why this deal is so good is the fact that you don't have to deal with rebates >.>[/QUOTE]

This.

I've wanted a G500 for a while now, simply because I LOVE my ancient Logitech MX510. I've had it since it first came out years and years ago. It's finally starting to flake out on me.

However I hate mail in rebates. Yes. Feel free to post all your success stories and how rebates /always/ work. I've had to spend time on the phone chasing down rebates in the past, with perfect copies of a perfectly submitted rebate in hand. Not worth my time for five bucks difference in this particular case.

Submitted my order. I went with the additional plug in speakers, since The Wife has wanted some for her office computer.

[quote name='supaTONY']The reason why this deal is so good is the fact that you don't have to deal with rebates >.>[/QUOTE]
True, but you also risk getting a used mouse with this deal. There have been a lot of success stories with dented box items (as there are with rebates) but there will be a few who get opened/returned mice as "dented box".

This might sound silly and all, but I would have definitely jumped on this deal if this was a wireless mouse...

Weird, I know, but I just hate being tethered.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']True, but you also risk getting a used mouse with this deal. There have been a lot of success stories with dented box items (as there are with rebates) but there will be a few who get opened/returned mice as "dented box".[/QUOTE]

A risk I am willing to take, since it is covered by the full warranty. I like voting against things I hate (Rebates) with my money.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']True, but you also risk getting a used mouse with this deal. There have been a lot of success stories with dented box items (as there are with rebates) but there will be a few who get opened/returned mice as "dented box".[/QUOTE]

From Logitech's own website :
Dented Box items from Logitech are products whose outer box has been torn, scratched, dented, or has other markings on it. The product itself is guaranteed to be in brand new condition and fully warranted. Sales are limited to quantities on hand. Limit 2 per customer.

So if you ended up with a used one, I'd imagine there would be no problems about returning it for a new copy or refund.

[quote name='Decker']From Logitech's own website :

So if you ended up with a used one, I'd imagine there would be no problems about returning it for a new copy or refund.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but its a trade-off. Hassle with a rebate, or hassle with a warranty claim with logitech. I only wanted potential buyers to be aware of the possibilities and other options. You may get a used one and have to deal with the return, or you may have issues with rebates.

I don't think Logitech sells used stuff purposely. I imagine they're retailer returns that are misrepresented on return to Logitech (hence the yellow Best Buy sticker on my "dented" box that the seals were obviously opened).

Either way, it's a great mouse, and not just for gaming, it's really comfortable to me for normal computer use.

[quote name='Gourd']A risk I am willing to take, since it is covered by the full warranty. I like voting against things I hate (Rebates) with my money.[/QUOTE]
I totally respect that stance. As I said, I was just wanting to educate on the possible downside of the "dented box".

In for one! I'm returning my new G9X tomorrow incidentally. Nice features and good button response, but the ergonomics weren't for me. Too bad, since it was a nice mouse. But not $100 nice for this guy :)

Pretty nice.

I would get one if I didn't just recently got a few replacement gaming mice from deals posted here (from newegg, a MX 518 for $21 after rebate and a g500 from bestbuy for $44)

Get it tho, these things are nice and last a long time and imo, super comfortable.

Thanks!!!

Built a new PC recently and needed a gaming mouse. Ordered mine today. :)

Hope it's not too bad. Was going to hit Frys, but they were out, so this was next best thing.

Just sucks playing the waiting game now.

might bite on this. I have a sidewinder x5, but its feels a bit big for my hand. At first I thought it felt nice being sort of flat and wide, but now I have to admit thats its a bit big for my hand after my pinky and thumb cramp up after playing a bunch of SC uno today.

[quote name='supaTONY']I saw this over at Slickdeals. Free shipping for over $75 total purchase, and there's a speaker for 6 dollars..

Other cheap stuff here including:
Dual Action Gamepad - Dented Box - $14.99
Internet USB 350 - Dented Box - $16.99
LS21 Stereo Speakers Red, Blue - $14.99[/QUOTE]

slightly better deals on the LS21 blues (red OSS) they're $12 after code: logi_ls21_8610, so $46.98+tax (Im in CA) for G500 and blue LS21. think I'll bite on this deal.

Vantage headset http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/6639 with code:logi_vuh_8510 is $13
V20 speakers http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/6410 with code: logi_v20_8310 is $20

Not too bad of stuff to add since shipping is $6 anyways, for a bit more you can get some fairly decent speakers or other crap.

Edit: had to bite even though I recently bought the sidewinder for $23. I wanted teh g500 but it was too pricey even with a rebate.

$51.09 for g500 and LS21 speakers shipped. Not bad. thanks OP, I guess thanks google too.
"The product itself is guaranteed to be in brand new condition and fully warranted." so it better be new, who cares about the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']man why did I wait to order on friday night. Wont ship til at least monday I assume.[/QUOTE]

LOL. That sucks.

What's worse is getting your tracking/shipping notice on Friday and reading that it's due for delivery the following Friday. :(

4 more days . . . Well, 3-ish since I hope to get it Friday morning. It's still sitting in Tennessee. Wow.

[quote name='AK85']My mouse is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I will report back on the condition of everything[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing about it.

So lucky . . .

I got mine in today. It arrived in great condition, no box damage, and still had the stickers sealing the box. Same for my G35 headset last week. My only regret is that I ordered the G500 one day before the G9x went on 'dented box' sale.

[quote name='RebelCapitalist']LOL. That sucks.

What's worse is getting your tracking/shipping notice on Friday and reading that it's due for delivery the following Friday. :(

4 more days . . . Well, 3-ish since I hope to get it Friday morning. It's still sitting in Tennessee. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shipped monday, arrive thursday.

Almost a week, but my fault for no pulling the trigger a few days earlier.

edit: huh, two packages...ugh. One friday, one thursday. The speakers weigh 6 lbs apparently.

Got my G500 yesterday. My "dented box" actually came in looking brand new and sealed! the mouse works perfectly and came with all the accessories. Awesome. :)

Is there list of dented box items on their site somewhere? I'm looking to replace my aging first-gen G15 with the G110. Those LCDs are sooooooo gimmicky and has been 100% uselss for the last four years.

Just to echo everyone else that has already their G500, mine arrived today and looks brand new. I have ordered stuff online before that has been brand new and it has came in worse shape then my G500.

Just trying to figure out if the extra weights are a gimmick or not...:whistle2:#

[quote name='ryushe']is there a cuppon code for the VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse. I'd actually bite on that.[/QUOTE]

The vx nano is tiny, and it just became so uncomfortable to use. I hated it, so I just bought a hp voodoodna gaming mouse for $25 shipped. If you want I'll sell you the nano haha

Just got mine. The box looks better than most products I buy retail or online. It's brand new, sealed, and shows no signs of damage.

UPS guys delivered mine about 30 minutes ago. Nothing like waking up to a UPS delivery. :)

Anyway, the box is perfect, unopened. I was looking for the dent, but failed to find any.

This thing is working nice. I cranked it up to 5700 dpi on my Razer Goliathus control mouse pad to see what it would be like. Wow!

I also like the ability to make setting by application too.

Great deal.

bread's done
Back