Logitech Harmony for Xbox 360 $29.99 @ Amazon - Refurb

it was part of another thread but I think it got deleted a while back. The thread was originally about the Harmony 550 but I returned that and got the refurb from Amazon. Works great for me and I can't even tell it's been a refurb.

[quote name='sturner83']http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harm...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241137622&sr=8-2

Didn't see a thread about this. Looks like a pretty decent deal.
1.gif
[/quote]

Look like a nice deal thanks.

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']it was part of another thread but I think it got deleted a while back. The thread was originally about the Harmony 550 but I returned that and got the refurb from Amazon. Works great for me and I can't even tell it's been a refurb.[/quote]

I bought one tonight. Is yours a different color since it's a refurb?

No, that is a horrible price for a piece of broken gear. Harmonies are always on sale around the web, the older the harmony the worse it is. I have the 880 and looking to upgrade

Refurbished means it was totally broken at one point, they sent it off to some 3rd party chop shop, dusted it and spit shined it and now are reselling at inflated prices. Not to mention as a remote that means someone had their hands ALL OVER IT and probably stuffed it in their butt cracks

I saw this Harmony at my local Best Buy the other day when I couldn't find SCIV or DMC4, also at this price - seems like a solid deal, I almost bit, but I sorta want the Harmony One.

[quote name='expane']No, that is a horrible price for a piece of broken gear. Harmonies are always on sale around the web, the older the harmony the worse it is. I have the 880 and looking to upgrade

Refurbished means it was totally broken at one point, they sent it off to some 3rd party chop shop, dusted it and spit shined it and now are reselling at inflated prices. Not to mention as a remote that means someone had their hands ALL OVER IT and probably stuffed it in their butt cracks[/quote]

Because that's what refurbished means. Try reserving your words unless you have something useful to say.

[quote name='expane']No, that is a horrible price for a piece of broken gear. Harmonies are always on sale around the web, the older the harmony the worse it is. I have the 880 and looking to upgrade

Refurbished means it was totally broken at one point, they sent it off to some 3rd party chop shop, dusted it and spit shined it and now are reselling at inflated prices. Not to mention as a remote that means someone had their hands ALL OVER IT and probably stuffed it in their butt cracks[/quote]

How the hell else do you use a remote?

[quote name='addicted2games']Target has the Harmony 620 on clearance for $49.98. Of course, stock is very YMMV.
00.gif
[/quote]

Good to know, all though I'll probably just combine this with a few other things on Amazon and have them all shipped together.

Sears had this remote for $30 almost a year ago. Probably not around anymore but worth a look.

I don't like it enough to pay $30 for it again. Its neat looking but unless you use it for everything it sucks and the fuckin ps3 has bluetooth so it doesn't function with it at all. I think you can get a receiver for it and the ps3 but if I recall right it doesn't turn it off and on.

[quote name='Maniacmous']I saw this Harmony at my local Best Buy the other day....[/QUOTE]

I just bought this EXACT Harmony (xBox) Remote from one of my local Best Buys for $50.49 last week BRAND NEW!
They are in the middle of clearance'ing these out right now.

I have no complaints about mine! It works great!

If I could change one thing though, it would run off a rechargeable battery, and not 4 AAA batteries.

[quote name='blowmefer']I just bought this EXACT Harmony (xBox) Remote from one of my local Best Buys for $50.49 last week BRAND NEW!
They are in the middle of clearance'ing these out right now.

I have no complaints about mine! It works great!

If I could change one thing though, it would run off a rechargeable battery, and not 4 AAA batteries.[/quote]
I just went to best buy and they had one but it was $89 =( I passed.

For those wondering about the PS3 and Harmony remotes, you have two options:

1) get a cheap remote or controller with an USB IR receiver, like the Blue Wave. As another poster mentioned, you cannot turn the PS3 on with this method.

2) Logitech is bringing out an adapter that doesn't take up any USB ports and will be able to give the user FULL control over the PS3, including powering it on. I haven't seen any pricing info on it, yet, though.

[quote name='blowmefer']If I could change one thing though, it would run off a rechargeable battery, and not 4 AAA batteries.[/QUOTE]

Eneloop. Take my word on this - best batteries you can get - I bought a slew of them on clearance from Circuit City before they went out (AA and AAA) - I had the official Xbox battery packs for my 360 controllers, they didn't last nearly as long per charge as the Eneloops do, not to mention I had a couple crap out on me with less than a year on them. To hell with proprietary battery packs now - I use them in my remotes (they drain slow enough that they will hold a charge for a good long time), I use them in my game controllers (360, Wii, GH peripherals) - they work great for everything. If you keep a couple extra sets on hand, you can swap out the batteries while you charge the replacements and set them aside. Absolutely worth the money.

[quote name='Maniacmous']I saw this Harmony at my local Best Buy the other day when I couldn't find SCIV or DMC4, also at this price - seems like a solid deal, I almost bit, but I sorta want the Harmony One.
344.jpg
[/quote]
Is Best Buyin gselling this in their store for $49.99?

[quote name='jimmytron']Is Best Buyin gselling this in their store for $49.99?[/QUOTE]

I saw it for that price, and another poster did as well in this thread - that being said, in store clearance deals are always YMMV.

[quote name='Maniacmous']I saw it for that price, and another poster did as well in this thread - that being said, in store clearance deals are always YMMV.[/quote]
Any chance you could post the receipt? It's not that I don't believe you, but my local BB has it for $89 and they might let me PM if I had a copy of your receipt.

[quote name='yuyak']I just went to best buy and they had one but it was $89 =( I passed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I stopped at 2 Best Buys to get the $50.49 price.

The 1st BB I went into had TWO of these remotes left, but they were still priced at ~$74.

The 2nd BB I went to had just one left, and it was $50.49, so I bought it there. :D

I'm sure if you just check back, the price will get lower...

Amazon's refrubished Logitech Harmony universal remote for the Xbox 360 has dropped another ten bones to $39.99.

[quote name='LegolasFett']IF you're lucky to find a used one at GameStop it's $8.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of that. I spotted one while looking for the pennied Fallout LE guide. Wonder if it's still there.

[quote name='benjamouth']In for 1, looks worth a go at $30.[/QUOTE]

I bought this remote (for $40 refurb a few months back) and could not be happier with it. Unlike the fake eCost refurbs, this includes the CD and batteries and is in very nice (like new) condition. I didn't buy into all the harmony hype before, but after setting it up, I'm a convert. I used to be a Universal URC/All for one programmable devotee, but no more. To give you some perspective here is my usage scenario:

Sony TV
Xbox 360
Windows Media Center
DirecTivo
DirecTivoHD

This was a mess with my programmable -- it would get confused with the two directivos and with the 360 and the media center. No problems what so ever with the Harmony.

Harmony remotes are very nice. I don't think that I could go back to using a regular remote anytime soon. But then again, I have two Harmony One remotes, which sell for quite a bit more (but it looks like Amazon has them for only $189, instead of $250 right now).

This remote is awesome! I use a JVC SS/DVD, Sony TV, Cable Box, etc and everything works great. One of the best investments I ever made in electronics. Super awesome remote!

Looks sold out on Amazon, although some Best Buys do still have this-- I picked one up yesterday for $49.99 - 10% video game accessory coupon (Came out nearly a wash with our 9.75% sales tax). Haven't had the chance to try it but was somewhat shocked they still had them floating around.

I ordered one today from Amazon. I have no experience with the Harmony remotes, but I've heard a lot about them in the past. I'm tired of juggling three remotes, so I'll give this bad boy a try. And once Logitech introduces this PS3 adapter I hear about, I'll get that too!

Jack-Hunter is a douche.

bread's done
Back