Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control

[quote name='InvaderZim']Have you used one? I think they look great but I hate the buttons... went back to my old remotes.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I have the xbox one and the thing is great. The only draw back with it is it doesnt do EVERYTHING for every component you set up with it. So you will need to keep the old remotes handy.

I dont know which model you are looking for but there are some rebates for them now. They expire today though. I think Wal Mart has the 520 for about $75 - the $20 rebate so only about $55. I would check around though.

http://www.logitech.com/images/pdf/rebates/logtch97016_520.pdf

http://www.logitech.com/images/pdf/rebates/logtch97013_1000-890-670.pdf

I have the Harmony 676 for its button layout compared to the 880. It works perfectly for all my components including my 360. All functions are available. Even if they weren't, this remote can learn any command from any other remote. You can even have any button perform multiple tasks i.e. "open dvr guide + mute + whatever". My wife even likes it. She now can figure out how to switch over to the 360 to stream video from my PC or switch over to another input + play DVD all with one easy button.

I got mine for $29 on a super clearance.

[quote name='musha666']The only draw back with it is it doesnt do EVERYTHING for every component you set up with it. So you will need to keep the old remotes handy. [/quote]

maybe you need to run back through the setups, or pin down exactly what is missing, cause these can do ANYTHING.

and OP, harmony's are so nice to have, they are worth retail.

I've had two of the 360 model, both had a very noticeable lag between action and response. I would press a button, and there would be a delay before the TV would react. As anyone who has ever designed a user interface knows, tactile response is absolute top priority. I went back to my old remotes. Anyone know if the other models respond quicker?

[quote name='Koggit']I've had two of the 360 model, both had a very noticeable lag between action and response. I would press a button, and there would be a delay before the TV would react. As anyone who has ever designed a user interface knows, tactile response is absolute top priority. I went back to my old remotes. Anyone know if the other models respond quicker?[/quote]

there is button delay settings in the setup.

Just went to sears last night to look for one. It was the one for the 360. It was marked at 59.99 on sale and when it range up it was 35$. Dont think you will find a better deal than that. It also had a 30$ mail in refund but it was expired. Too bad that it didnt work it would almost be free.

bread's done
Back