Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote on Sale at Amazon $85

Gamegod2x

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, just saw this, its a great deal.

Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote

On Sale for $85.29 (34% off)

B000CCXCYC.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I never thought I would end up paying more then a few bucks for a remote but this one was worth every penny, as an added bonus if you have a custom soundtrack going on the 360 you can skip songs without going through the menu with this remote.

You know you can do that with the other control, right? What is the point of paying nearly five times more for this remote when the other one is just fine. Got the official one for 15 after gamepro coupon. I just use it for movies and music nothing more.

Great deal on this awesome remote. I've had it for awhile now and I love it. Went from 6 remotes on my coffee table to just 1! The ability to program it to turn on my TV, recevier, 360 with just one button press is great. I can never go back to multiple remotes again. This is money well spent.

Thanks for the deal alert, but pass for me. I'd rather put that $85 towards the wireless router instead. I'd rather sacrifice the half hour of my life that I'll accumulate going back and forth in the dashboard...

Amazon had this for $65 back around Christmas. That's when I got mine. Still a good deal now though considering they go for up to $130 in stores. Just a warning though, the logitech programming software sucks.

As I recall I got the cheaper price on Amazon when computer brain had it on sale (they are a distributer for Amazon I guess). Anyway, I had some configuation issues so I couldn't do the "Activities" buttons, but it is still worth the $85. My wife even agrees it was worth the cost. I've never found a universal remote that can control my odd model stero, but this one does and the nice lcd screen lets me name buttons.

I think the customizability of this remote is what makes it so useful. I can set up the menus how I like for each device or each "activity" in the remote. My favorite setup is my Double ESPN option that turns on my main tv, turns on the av tuner, turns on my pvr, sets the channel to ESPN, turns on my smaller second tv, turns it to ESPN 2 and mutes it all in one button press.

Good times and well worth the money. I got mine in that $60ish sale from awhile back, but $80ish is worth it if you have various components you want to pull together in a simple way.

i love this thing to death. I have it controlling my tv, 360, pstwo, component switcher, speakers, time warner DVR (Scientifc Atlanta 8300HD) and even my fan. I bought it for like $125, and I think it was well worth it, even at that price.

[quote name='red flare graf']Can you control a Comcast DVR with this thing too?[/QUOTE]
I control my Directv DVR perfectly with it so I would think it would work well with the Comcast units.

Like others, I got this for 60 bucks during the deal in December, however after using it for a few months I have to agree, it's definitely worth 80 bucks, especially if you have a ton of components to control. I have this to control my tv, 360, surround sound speakers and dvd player.

I'd pay $20 for a remote max, so this "deal" seems positively dreadful.

Thanks for the work for those who disagree though, OP.

Anyone happen to know if this will work with a Dish Network reciever? Or does anyone know where to find the program list on what this remote will control? I haven't found anything so far.

Thanks

price is down to 73.99 now on amazon

shipping free, right?

then it should be comparable to the 68 dollar deal (if you have to configure shipping to that one)

[quote name='mcginnis']You know you can do that with the other control, right?[/quote]

enlighten me

I tried it today while playing CoD2 and it didn't work

If you haven't used this, please read up about it before you knock it.

For everyone asking if it'll work with your hardware. You have a very very high chance of it working fine out of the box. On the small chance that it doesn't have your device, it can learn buttons from any ir device.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Anyone happen to know if this will work with a Dish Network reciever? Or does anyone know where to find the program list on what this remote will control? I haven't found anything so far.

Thanks[/quote]

It would most likely work. You don't program it like regular remotes, you set up on your computer what you own and your computer connects to the web and grabs all the remote codes for you. Then you hook the remote to the computer and it is updated automatically. Also, if for some very odd reason your component isn't listed, it is a learning remote. That is, there is a sensor on the remote so you can just tell your remote "I'm not pressing the power button for my component" then you press the button on your old remote while pointing it at the new remote and the new remote learns the code. The only problem right now is that it is an rf remote so your PS3 won't work with it, but I can't imagine much else we own these days that isn't rf.

I just wanted to say that this remote is f'ing awesome, and totally worth the money. I have it in my HT setup, and don't have any problems. The only caveat is that it doesn't do bluetooth, so it won't turn on your PS3 / Wii.

Also, the previous poster is incorrect. The 880 remote is IR only. The 890 does RF. IR controls 99% of all a/v components in your house.

im an idiot. Had a chance to buy this at $40 and another chance to trade in a PS3 game for one but didn't bite both times. I just bought an LCD that doesn't work with my DTV remote argh.

Awesome remote, well worth the money for anyone who has a lot of components and can't stand all the remote switching. Also perfect if you've got your big multimedia setup in the living room and the girlfriend just needs something that says "Watch DVD" so she knows how to use it =) And the amount of things that you can program into it is amazing.

The only bad thing about this remote (and it's not the remote's fault) is that it doesn't work with the PS3 because they used bluetooth technology in their system for the remotes/controllers. So I have a button set in the remote that turns on my surround sound, TV, and setting it to the HDMI input, but I still have to use the PS3 controller to turn the system on. Not a HUGE deal honestly, but it just happens to be the one thing I own that doesn't (and won't) work with the remote.

I picked up the logitech 880 for $130 at amazon a few weeks ago. These remotes are great. might want to splurge on a nicer model, maybe one of the ones with rechargeable batteries.

You're not going to burn through batteries very quickly. I've had mine for four months now without changing, so I don't think splurging on something like rechargable batteries is necessary for something like this.

I remember I got this baby around Christmas for 50$. I had my mom sign up for an amazon credit card (30$ credit) and I had a 25$ gift certificate (from my amazon credit card) so I ended up getting it for virtually 5$.

Really cool remote, completely customizable; would reccommend for anyone.

[quote name='argyle']My friend just picked this one up this past weekend and loves it:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=339751

My question is, do you lose any features in the regular one by buying the 360-specific remote? Or do you just gain the extra 360 functionality?[/QUOTE]

No, the 360 remote has practically all the functionality of the 5xx or 6xx series of remotes. It requires an extra button press to switch activities (the 5xx series has this also). The 8xx has built-in rechargable batteries and a charging base and the 890 supports RF devices.

But with the 360, you gain the X, Y, A and B buttons, which you would probably need to map to soft buttons on any other of the remotes.

[quote name='roker']price is down to 73.99 now on amazon

shipping free, right?

then it should be comparable to the 68 dollar deal (if you have to configure shipping to that one)[/quote]

ahhh damn.. i was about to buy it when you said it was 74, but not from amazon... some third party, so no free shipping.

bread's done
Back