Logitech Play Link Wireless Network Bridge $22.99 shipped @surpluscomputers.com

I'm using it for my OG Xbox and it works great. I snagged a set cheap during a w00t. If you want an easy and cheap method of "wireless" connection for your system, go for it.

[quote name='crazyj']does it work well with a Xbox360?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well since my friend needs something akin to this to hook up his console online.

From the reviews the speed is not amazing, but as long as you are not streaming video and don't care about downloading demos at a somewhat slow rate it should work well.

I've thought about getting this but I don't think I will because of this:
Up to 1.5 Mbps data rate - no lag on fast Internet connections
If you have a fast internet connection, you will notice a differences. I think a wiser choice would be to get a Linksys wireless bridge for a few dollars more and get a faster connection.

I just ordered one because it can be used as a wireless bridge or as a direct connect between two xbox360's. Any idea if the 1.5Mbps data rate will be a problem with online play or direct connect? Should I cancel and get a true ethernet bridge instead?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like all sales are final with these guys. I guess I'll keep it and try it out.

[quote name='FallMoon']So, which two places do you plug it into? Also, does this work well with the Wii/DS?[/quote]

You plug them into the data source (router or modem) and then into what you want connected to the internet. It doesn't work with the Wii/DS because the transcievers only work with each other. I use them on my PC, the connection goes through 4 walls (my friend's apt) and I get no lag at all. I play WoW and it's like I'm on a hardline. I totally vouch for them.

i use it on my 360, not the fastest solution, but i dont have a 200 ft cat 5 cable running through my house. you really only notice the spped during downloads. i picked mine up off ebay before woot sold them for about 16.99 shipped.

[quote name='droidekaspam']I just ordered one because it can be used as a wireless bridge or as a direct connect between two xbox360's. Any idea if the 1.5Mbps data rate will be a problem with online play or direct connect? Should I cancel and get a true ethernet bridge instead?[/quote]
If you're on DSL you probably won't see much of a difference, but if you have cable internet (i.e. > 2 mbit speed) then you will possibly notice a lag especially if you download Live arcade games/demos/tv shows/etc.

[quote name='dowlichr']would this work fine with my ps2 then?[/quote]
Yes, it should work with anything with an ethernet port even a computer.

Logitech works very well. Very easy to set up. Like Casey said , if you plan to DL anything , its going to take quite awhile.

I use it for my 360 and I experience no game play lag. This is a plus because it works for pretty much any console and computer. Another option for those 20gig PS3s. But for the price , its a bargain. Highly Recommended.

lol i just bought this last night from frys website for 23.99 with free shipping....I read some excellent reviews on this thing......
Here is the link for frys....
http://shop1.outpost.com/%7BFRQH1Cy6LNGLTBSSVhM6pBxzLMqlpn5ySbnVTmyk10pYB5TTydLd!2063542401!-1538599861!1167134727879%7D/product/5067725?JSESSIONID=FRQH1Cy6LNGLTBSSVhM6pBxzLMqlpn5ySbnVTmyk10pYB5TTydLd!2063542401!-1538599861&site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

also read the review over at IGN:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/578/578595p1.html

sure beats the heck out of paying $100 for the MS wifi adapter....

just thought i'd chime in with my experience with this thing.....So far, its been a complete and utter disappointment....It connects sometimes and then fails other times....Most of the time, its the latter.....Now this thing claims to have a 100ft range and my router is on the 2nd floor directly above where i'm using it...We're talking 10-12 ft max.....I have had nothing but problems with this thing and even though I only paid $25, it was still a ripoff....

I have a question....I have an older 802.11 b Wireless Ethernet Bridge. Would I notice any differences between this and my wireless bridge? (since it is the older protocol of "b" and not "g", Got it for my PS2/Xbox back in the day when wi-fi was newer).

i bought 2 of these, one for my 360 and one for my ps3, on the 360 its fast, on the ps3 though demo downloads are kinda slow.

bread's done
Back