Logitech Wireless Xbox controller $9.99 at Radioshack

I picked up one for 9.99 at a Best Buy clearance a long time ago, but it has an EA Sports logo on it. Fantastic wireless controller, would love to get another.

[quote name='expane']says in stock at the RS near me, but I know thats 100% a lie, i've been to that store, they dont have any.[/QUOTE]

try to ask them if they have them in the back (good luck on that though asking them to go to their storage room maybe hard) or look thoroughly at other section in the store as well.. mine was somehow under the camera section instead of the the gaming section..

I just checked one RS near me and they didn't have any. :cry: I was really wanting one. I even had them check the computer. I though there should be at least one in Fort Wayne since ther are like 4 RS on the NE side of town alone.

Argh! I was just going to post a request in the other forum for a deal exactally like this, but now I'm taunted with a deal I can't get! I wanted 1 or 2 of these because I need to play all my systems wireless or face the wrath of my 1 year old!

[quote name='ZForce915']Argh! I was just going to post a request in the other forum for a deal exactally like this, but now I'm taunted with a deal I can't get! I wanted 1 or 2 of these because I need to play all my systems wireless or face the wrath of my 1 year old![/quote]

Kids forced me to go wireless as well :lol: . Now I will never go back. These controllers are definitely worth it IMO. I have them for both the PS2 and Xbox and don't know what i would do without them.

Supposedly one that is 7 miles from my house has one. I'll check tonite to see if they really do. The Mad Catz one that I have is decent, but it sucks too much off my batteries.

Just picked up 2 in roseville. Still have one more left there. Just ask the people there to check the inventory of the near by stores. They had to call 5 places before they found it for me. They told them to hold it but of course they just left them on the shelf.

[quote name='dcswirl']Is this the crap one? There are two that look very similar on sight.[/quote]

Nope, this is the good one. Picked up one on my way home today.

[quote name='Scorch']I picked up one for 9.99 at a Best Buy clearance a long time ago, but it has an EA Sports logo on it. Fantastic wireless controller, would love to get another.[/QUOTE]
I have the same one, I wouldn't mind picking up a black one though

I love that it's wireless, but I'm having trouble with the controller itself and I'm wondering whether I got a lemon.

Most annoyingly, I feel like I have to push down on the A button harder than I do on the controller s in order to register it as being pushed. I've never had to consciously think about pressing a button hard enough before with any other controller I've used.

Secondly, and I think this is more personal preference than anything else, the dpad is very like, clicky and weird. It's almost like I can feel it resting on a spring, unlike the controller s where it's fastened down tightly...

Any thoughts on either of these? Mainly the first one since that seems like it might be an actual problem, as opposed to preference.

i just went there on tuesday and saw the sticker price for 29.99 i guess it comes up 9.99 when they scan it at the register

[quote name='snood']I love that it's wireless, but I'm having trouble with the controller itself and I'm wondering whether I got a lemon.

Most annoyingly, I feel like I have to push down on the A button harder than I do on the controller s in order to register it as being pushed. I've never had to consciously think about pressing a button hard enough before with any other controller I've used.

Secondly, and I think this is more personal preference than anything else, the dpad is very like, clicky and weird. It's almost like I can feel it resting on a spring, unlike the controller s where it's fastened down tightly...

Any thoughts on either of these? Mainly the first one since that seems like it might be an actual problem, as opposed to preference.[/quote]Bought one at Halo 2 launch with the same problems, so no it's not just you. I personally don't recommend buying these "lemons" as the button depression level is far too aggravating.

Is it like you press it and it has more resistance than the other buttons? My ps2 logitech controller has problems with teh x button. Its slower to spring back to its original position. just wondering if its common or something.

[quote name='buurrnn']Is it like you press it and it has more resistance than the other buttons? My ps2 logitech controller has problems with teh x button. Its slower to spring back to its original position. just wondering if its common or something.[/quote]

It's a lot more common with the Xbox Logitech wireless. People swear it's not there, but I've got 3 and they all have the same issue. Gotta press that A button very hard. I guess that's why they never sold as well as the ps2 versions.

I'm glad that others are confirming this issue.

Is there anyone out there with one of these where pressing extra hard is not an issue? As long as I know that this is a problem with all of these controllers then I'll just hold onto this one and deal with it.

I feel it a bit also in one I picked up at Radio Shaft on Wednesday. One thing I dont like is the curved placement of the ABXY buttons. They're not on the same level, and I have a tough time pressing the x without hitting other buttons. The flimsy D-pad is just a Logitech thang, their Dualshock PC controllers are the same way. Oh well...as long as it doesnt fall apart like the joystick on my Madcrapz wireless after 2 months...guh.

Microsoft really goofed by killing support of the Xbox so quickly. There's still a huge demand for replacement Xbox peripherals and now all we have to choose from is 3rd party junk.

[quote name='snood']I'm glad that others are confirming this issue.

Is there anyone out there with one of these where pressing extra hard is not an issue? As long as I know that this is a problem with all of these controllers then I'll just hold onto this one and deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I have had 3 of these over the years and they all had this "problem" but after you get used to it you just don't notice it much ... unless you need medication and can't get past small things :joystick:

Thanks OP ... definitely a great find!

bread's done
Back