Logitech Xbox 360 Harmony Remote $63 shipped AR (req. console) at Computer4Sure.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
June 14th UPDATE: Deal is back!
360 Console and Remote must be purchased between 4/1/06 and 9/30/06
You will need your receipt and 360 box (UPC) for this rebate, but you do not need to have purchased it at
Computers4Sure
Rebate must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase

Since this is almost $40 off its $130 MSRP, I thought it deserved its own thread.
Logitech Harmony 360 Remote $93 -$30 rebate = $63
:shipfree:
Sales tax applies only to shipping addresses located in AA, CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, KS, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NE, RI, SD, TN, WI.
Other Xbox 360 deals at Computers4shure

You must purchase a 360 console (not necessarily at the same time as the remote or from Computers4SURE) as the rebate requires a copy of the UPC symbol from the box and copy of the remote invoice/receipt.

Also, they have wireless controllers for $39 (spend $50 for free shipping)
Cheap Ass Gamer Link

[quote name='Zoglog']so far I have it set up slightly, but till the activies start working better....

But yeah basically It'll change my inputs the first time I activate an activity. But after that if I switch to another activity and then switch back to the one I had before, bam it won't switch the inputs correctly anymore. BTW my TV uses a cycling button which might be part of the problem since it just presses the input button once instead of 4 times like it should to switch to component the 2nd time around. Really puzzling since it works the first time. Eiether way It works with my speakers which helps a whole lot. I got rid of 3 of my remotes into 1 :D plus that green glow is intoxicating

but yeah really if your device has an IR i'm 99% sure it'll control it. I only wish I had a switcher with an IR now or a real reciever haha then I could switch everything and turn on everything with a button.[/QUOTE]

It probably works the first time because the TV switches to a default input when it is first turned on. What you need to do is have your activity reset the TV to the first input when it exits. So if you find that it only presses input once when it should press it four times, you need to set the previous activity (that you're exiting out of) to press the input button three times before exiting. Hope that makes sense.

[quote name='fujishig']It probably works the first time because the TV switches to a default input when it is first turned on. What you need to do is have your activity reset the TV to the first input when it exits. So if you find that it only presses input once when it should press it four times, you need to set the previous activity (that you're exiting out of) to press the input button three times before exiting. Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem, until I realized that I disabled the inputs on the front of my TV years ago. Once I re-enabled my third input (hehe...I said 'third input'), everything was ok.

Thanks OP, I ordered one, it should get here tuesday. Think I'm going to go out and purchase the Joytech 240C so that I can control my componant switching with this remote.

I got the remote for X-mas...great wife I have. The software for it is HORRIBLE though. It's slow...I think it runs on Flash or something, kinda brutal. The intial setup was great, now I'm trying to customize my activities and the software just "hangs"

I have this remote. It is a mixed bag. Great for turn-key, one-button macros, but, worse for button size, small lcd screen, and navigating the menus looking for the right button/function. Has potential, but, I'm going back to my MX 500. If anyone wants it - email [email protected].

What's the main reason you like the MX-500 better? Just menu navigation?

I have the MX-500 remote as well, but I ordered the Logitech Harmony 360 Remote as a replacement.

[quote name='doubledown']I got the remote for X-mas...great wife I have. The software for it is HORRIBLE though. It's slow...I think it runs on Flash or something, kinda brutal. The intial setup was great, now I'm trying to customize my activities and the software just "hangs"[/QUOTE]I am having the same problem. I think its because the software connects to Logitech's servers to get device info.
I just got this message:
[quote name='Logitech']
Experiencing High Traffic
Thank you for visiting the Logitech Harmony Member website, we are presently experiencing high volumes. Please try again later.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that too many people got this gift for Xmas and thier servers are being bombarded. Hopefully, they have under control now as it seems to be working.

By the time we do our next CAGcast, I should be familiar enough with it to speak about it.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the software really. It is a bit slow, but unless you're having major problems, you shouldn't have to deal with it more than once or twice. I mean, you set up your remote the way you want and that's it. Of course you might find that you want to change some options or something, but it's not like you need to be reconfiguring it everday.

BTW, you can add more specific actions to an activity after you set it up. Like when I want to play 360, I tell the software that my TV, receiver, and 360 need to be on and they need to be set to these input channels as normal. But then, you can add more specific actions if you like. For instance, my TV has various screen sizes it can display at. So if I want it to always go to widescreen mode when I play 360, I can add two more actions that send the 'PicSize' command to my TV and then the number '4' command to my TV which is how you would do that in my case.

So in your case Zolog, if I'm understanding it correctly you need to send the 'change input' command multiple times to do a certian activity. You can set that up with the software. In the configuration software, you have select an activty and go to 'Review settings for this Activity' and then select 'Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity'. From there you can send any number of any specific commands that your other remotes could do, and you can mess around with the order that the commands are sent. Don't forget that you can program certain actions to occur when you quit an activity too. So you can make it so that it sets the TV back to a certain channel before it turns off your Xbox or it can turn the volume down so that it doesn't scare you the next time you turn it back on, etc.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They added it to the older model PS2 back when they overhauled it and added progressive scan DVD playback and a few other little things here and there. I'm not sure what the model number is though.[/QUOTE]

yep version 9-10?? i believe they added this right before the slim.

i have version 10.

also ver.9/10 the disks read quieter, and can read pics/movies on dvd+r media.

Ok, maybe I'll try updating buttons again. I thought I actually changed one, but it resorted back to normal. I renamed Watch PVR to Watch TV, but that never took either.

I would just like to customize my LCD buttons, then the controller would be EXCELLENT. Riht now it is just great ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']IBy the time we do our next CAGcast, I should be familiar enough with it to speak about it.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know much about the larger remote that MS released? Is it supposed to be just as feature packed as the Logitech one?

I gave it a shot last night at midnight PST. Much much faster. No problems of slow software. As cheapy-D said, everyone and their brother probably got a harmony remote- software does work off of their webserver. (You can also visit the harmony website to configure the remote- you don't have to use the stinkin software) Those "hangs" are the software looking for a response form their server. Works beautifully. When I want to watch TV it turns on my cable box, turns on my receiver and turns it to the TV input, turns on my TV changes it to my HD input 1 and changes the channel to 789! The little help guide that appears also help you fix anything that didn't turn on. e.g. I had my stinkin cable box on and the remote turned it off. I'm very happy so far and the customization aspects look great.

[quote name='daphatty']Cool. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know much about the larger remote that MS released? Is it supposed to be just as feature packed as the Logitech one?[/QUOTE]
Not even close. It doesn't have the learning functions of the Logitech one. The only thing distinguishing this MS 360 remote from the media remote included with the early batch of the consoles is a number keypad so you can control the TV and some barebones options for DVD players, etc.

It's just a 360 specialized version of those cheaper universal remotes.

Its fine - no way its going to replace my denon 3805 remote when i need to tweak...but its replaced the rest of them.

One touch will be good for my wife - screen is small, ive had better remotes - but this one is fine.

[quote name='fujishig']It probably works the first time because the TV switches to a default input when it is first turned on. What you need to do is have your activity reset the TV to the first input when it exits. So if you find that it only presses input once when it should press it four times, you need to set the previous activity (that you're exiting out of) to press the input button three times before exiting. Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

ok I'll think that through when I get back from winter vacation, thnx for the advice hehe. I have a feeling that it's not necessarily the input not being set right because my TV has 2 input buttons, Digital TV and analog TV

Digital TV contains

Dig TV Tuner/HDCP/DVI/HDMI/VGA

Analog tv has

TV/AV1/AV2/Component

the wierd thing is all it really needs to do when switching activities is to press the appropriate button the # of times. It works flawlessly for the first time I activate the activity but the 2nd time around no go until I resync the remote to my pc. Applies to both activies. Also does anyone have a direct link to the site the software uses because indeed the software browser does run like crap.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I have this product...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=8865

Brand new and factory sealed... I don't need it if anyone wants to buy it off me. It retails for 150 and does not require any MIR. I'll let go of it for 120 again its brand new.[/QUOTE]

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Logitech...9-0403-1003365099~refer-pricegrabber.com.html

other places that have it for the same price:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=4380867/sort_type=bottomline

your name's as obnoxious as you are! amazing how that works

[quote name='Zoglog']ok I'll think that through when I get back from winter vacation, thnx for the advice hehe. I have a feeling that it's not necessarily the input not being set right because my TV has 2 input buttons, Digital TV and analog TV

Digital TV contains

Dig TV Tuner/HDCP/DVI/HDMI/VGA

Analog tv has

TV/AV1/AV2/Component

the wierd thing is all it really needs to do when switching activities is to press the appropriate button the # of times. It works flawlessly for the first time I activate the activity but the 2nd time around no go until I resync the remote to my pc. Applies to both activies. Also does anyone have a direct link to the site the software uses because indeed the software browser does run like crap.[/QUOTE]

http://members.harmonyremote.com

You can make all your changes there, and then either use the java program to upload, or do it off the website (you'll need to turn off popup blocker for that site, download something, and execute it).

So what you're saying is that when you first turn on that activity, it goes to the correct input. If you switch activities, then switch back, it doesn't go to the correct one? If you're in the first activity and turn everything off with the power button, then power back on, is the input set correctly?

Thanks to the OP for this deal, I got my remote up and running and tweaked to my liking, it seems much better than the harmony i picked up and took back a few years ago because it seems to function much better within the activity than the older model did.

I ordered this remote on Tuesday and got it yesterday. All I can say is WOW! This thing can do everything but play the game for me. It handles all my devices like a charm. The only thing I hate is that my Pelican System Selector Pro doesn't have a remote so I still have to to switch it manually.

But just for simplifying everything for my wife and kids it's definitely worth it. Great price on it too. Thanks a lot CAG!!

[quote name='Badgun']The only thing I hate is that my Pelican System Selector Pro doesn't have a remote so I still have to to switch it manually.
[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem so I took a few games back that I got for xmas that I'm never going to play now that I have a 360, and picked up the Joytech 240C from best buy for 89(-10 360 coupon). Works great and now I don't have to get up to go from HDTV to 360.

[quote name='Sirgey']I had the same problem so I took a few games back that I got for xmas that I'm never going to play now that I have a 360, and picked up the Joytech 240C from best buy for 89(-10 360 coupon). Works great and now I don't have to get up to go from HDTV to 360.[/QUOTE]

You got a link to that product? I may have to pick up one for myself.

Thanks!

[quote name='geedee']Could anyone be so kind as to tell me if this works with the remote?

http://www.bose.com/controller?even..._dvd_index&linksource=dropdown_txt_321gs&ck=0

thanks >_>[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this helps, but the website says it has problems with some Bose Systems:

Question
What types of devices can be controlled by the Harmony Remote?

Answer
The Harmony remote can control most types of devices that come with an infrared remote control. However, there are some exceptions listed below:

Bose Lifestyle® 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 MiniSystems.
The Bose Lifestyle 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 systems are controlled by Radio Frequency (RF or UHF) only. The Bose RF Controller, which is available at many electronics stores, allows you to control your system using your Harmony remote.
The Bose Lifestyle 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 systems cannot be controlled with our current range of Harmony remotes, unless the RF Controller is used. The Bose RF Controller takes IR commands transmitted by your Harmony remote, translates them into RF, and sends them to your system.

[quote name='mick16']I don't know if this helps, but the website says it has problems with some Bose Systems:

Question
What types of devices can be controlled by the Harmony Remote?

Answer
The Harmony remote can control most types of devices that come with an infrared remote control. However, there are some exceptions listed below:

Bose Lifestyle® 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 MiniSystems.
The Bose Lifestyle 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 systems are controlled by Radio Frequency (RF or UHF) only. The Bose RF Controller, which is available at many electronics stores, allows you to control your system using your Harmony remote.
The Bose Lifestyle 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50 systems cannot be controlled with our current range of Harmony remotes, unless the RF Controller is used. The Bose RF Controller takes IR commands transmitted by your Harmony remote, translates them into RF, and sends them to your system.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I think it should work!

[quote name='Sirgey']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7591965&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat58300050022&id=1130980621234

If that doesn't work go to misc. video game accessories, it should be the first one listed. If you go to the store to pick it up, I found it in the CD section where they keep overstock items under the CD's, they didn't have any out in the normal game section.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'm going to try and pick one up tomorrow. How many optical inputs does it have?

[quote name='Badgun']Thanks man, I'm going to try and pick one up tomorrow. How many optical inputs does it have?[/QUOTE]

3 ethernet, 4 optical, all 7 RGB

[quote name='sfriedlander']my 360 came with a remote. plus whats the point if u already have a dvd player?????[/QUOTE]

Lots of nifty functions with this remote, you can change songs with it, control your entire home entertainment system, and much more.

[quote name='abhinav']Sorry for a second bump but does the mail in rebate still work for this?[/QUOTE]
the rebate is attached to the packaging. it is still valid.

[quote name='abhinav']Thank you CheapyD! Now did the Mail in rebate come on the package or in some other way?[/QUOTE]I got the remote yesterday and yes, the rebate is attached to the packaging of the remote. However, you don't even need the rebate "form"! Here is what you need:
  1. A copy of your receipt or invoice
  2. A copy of the UPC from your Xbox 360 box
  3. The original UPC cut out from the Harmony remote packaging
  4. A separate sheet of paper with your address, phone number and email
Mail that all to the address on the form and you're set. See the attached file eariler in the thread and it will confirm what I said above as well as give you the address to mail it to.

EDIT: The attached file I was thinking of was posted at FW. here it is

[quote name='TxOllie']I got the remote yesterday and yes, the rebate is attached to the packaging of the remote. However, you don't even need the rebate "form"! Here is what you need:

1. A copy of your receipt or invoice
  2. A copy of the UPC from your Xbox 360 box
  3. The original UPC cut out from the Harmony remote packaging
  4. A separate sheet of paper with your address, phone number and email
Mail that all to the address on the form and you're set. See the attached file eariler in the thread and it will confirm what I said above as well as give you the address to mail it to.

EDIT: The attached file I was thinking of was posted at FW. here it is[/QUOTE]

Oh man thank you so much!

Will i need a copy of my recipt for my xbox 360?

In other amazing news i just found out my cousin WORKS FOR Logitech!

That means he can get me the harmony remote for around $40!!! Then i plan on using this mail and rebate and i should be able to get it for about $10!!! :bouncy:

Somehow I doubt that buying it with an employee discount leaves it eligible for the rebate (and they'll see the discount on the rebate). Might as well try it, though. Still, at 40 bucks, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Also, my interpretation of the rules is that you need to send in a copy of your receipt for the Xbox360, along with your receipt for the remote.

[quote name='fujishig']Somehow I doubt that buying it with an employee discount leaves it eligible for the rebate (and they'll see the discount on the rebate). Might as well try it, though. Still, at 40 bucks, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Also, my interpretation of the rules is that you need to send in a copy of your receipt for the Xbox360, along with your receipt for the remote.[/QUOTE]

I sent mine in without receipt of 360, I don't see anyplace where it says you need a 360 reciept just the UPC copy.

It says
To recieve your rebate by mail, please submit:
1) Your sales receipt(s) or invoice(s) with the purchase price and date circled (photocopy ok)

What I took this to mean was you needed to send in both your receipt for the remote and your receipt for the 360 (which is why they included the plurals. the singular is if you bought them on the same receipt). It also says your purchase of the products listed above (the remote and the 360) must be made between 11/1/2005 and 3/31/2006. I know the 360 came out after a certain date, but the only way to verify when you bought your 360 would be a receipt.

I may be paranoid, but I know companies will try to get out of any mail-in-rebate they can...

[quote name='daphatty']Cool. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know much about the larger remote that MS released? Is it supposed to be just as feature packed as the Logitech one?[/QUOTE]

I bought the MS Universal Remote. It wasn't capable of doing much with my off-brand Westinghouse LCD. It turned the TV off & on. It also turned the volume up. The Volume down button brought up the TV's Menu & that was that. It can't learn new commands from your old remotes like the Harmony 360 can. It was useless for me.

So all you cheap asses got me so hungry for this remote that I went out and bought it today. I took a picture of the remote in it's original container so you can see where the form is. I also took a picture of the rebate as you can see below so there are no more doubts as to what the terms of the rebate actually are. You can click on the URL below for a GIGANTIC, 862kb cleaner looking version of the picture below.

Thanks to everyone for helping me making the decision to buy it!

http://inabsenceofreality.com/HarmonyRebate.jpg

HarmonyRebateS.jpg

[quote name='spoo']They are sure taking their sweet ass time with the rebate. Anyone get a rebate check yet?[/QUOTE]

No, but I did get a notice that my receipts showed I missed the "purchase window" of the rebate. I called them armed with my hard copies of receipts, and they surprisingly didn't fight at all, they just said they'd fix it. Since then, I've recieved ANOTHER note in the mail saying I'm not eligible. Did anyone that did this deal get their rebate yet?

I got mine a few days ago. $30 from Logitech. A buddy of mine got his about 2 weeks ago and sent the rebate in the same time as me.

bread's done
Back