Logitech z-5500

DynamiteShikoku

CAGiversary!
So yeah, remember 3-4 maybe 5 years ago for whatever reason the z-5500 was discounted for about 180 bucks?

so when the fuck we gonna see this kind of deal again? anytime soon? been hunting for years. What was it, did Logitech do a warehouse move and liquidate remaining? was Logitech just being generous? were retailers being generous? were retailers stuck with these for so long then a sudden surge in sales due to sale changed their minds forever?

Simply clear put, i am high, i want these speakers, and i have a PS3. Though i currently rock the X-540, i want Dolby (which is not what the HT Omega Striker 7.1 has), the Matrix 5.1 feature is neat but lacks any impact.

I don't think it's likely you will see this kind of deal ever again. The demand for computer-centric 5.1 speakers has all but disappeared in these modern days of HDMI, HT in a box sets, tighter integration of HTs/TVs and computers. Not to mention that dedicated 5.1 hardware decoders have really declined in the PC era because it's all just done on the sound card nowadays.

Frankly I'm surprised you can still buy these pretty easily without having to hunt for used sets on ebay (like for the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers).

Maybe the only way I'd see a deal coming is if Logitech decides to stop making these, and a lot of them sit around for a long time, and they finally clear them out.

bread's done
Back