Lois Lane Smallville Topic (Season 8 DVD/Blu 8/25, Season 9 Premiere Friday 9/25)

[quote name='coolsteel']TAnd just a warning, get used to seeing caves in season 3

Edit: And birds of prey flopped with good reason, the show stunk! I swear if I heard that line "She's half batman half catwoman" again I would lose it![/quote]

:rofl:

I agree BoP Sucked. Put it this way, after buying the dvd cheap at borders a few months ago, I couldn't get myself to finish the FIRST EPISODE!!

Holy shit batman!!!

I'm finally catching up on Season 7 via Bluray since I fell so far behind due to the long lapse in episodes a year ago that I don't remember much of anything. It might be a week or two before I'm finally getting on watching the current season. How many episodes have aired so far?

Also I did a quick update to the topic highlighting a different character. Hopefully you folks will enjoy my pick. Once I get caught up I'll start posting news/rumors since as of right now I don't want to be spoiled on what has happened.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This season is going down the tubes...not sure if I can stand another season of this shit.[/quote]

Eh, I dunno. I was kinda digging this season - especially the Lois/Clark bits - until they brought Lana back. I hate her character so much, and to see everyone go through the same shit all over again was just a waste. They should have just ended her arc the way they did previously, as this one made no fucking sense whatsoever.

I can't believe I'm saying this, since I hated her character too before, but I miss Lois.

Well, I'm like a lot of you when it comes to time invested plus I own all the seasons except for 7 on DVD because I loved this show once upon a time. Can somebody explain to me why they never let Chloe have more than a few episodes as Clark's love interest when we all know she has always been in love with him?

[quote name='cdeener']Well, I'm like a lot of you when it comes to time invested plus I own all the seasons except for 7 on DVD because I loved this show once upon a time. Can somebody explain to me why they never let Chloe have more than a few episodes as Clark's love interest when we all know she has always been in love with him?[/QUOTE]

Because early series Chloe would have sold Clark out in a heartbeat . I was rewatching some of the earlier season episodes since a friend asked for a list of important eps so he could catch up in the series and that theme really stood out at times . She did a lot of stuff that almost got Clark exposed, biggest example was the episode where she got the power to make anyone tell the truth.

And while she did the usual i'm sorry bit she really didn't stop until she found out the truth from Alicia .

[quote name='coolsteel']Because early series Chloe would have sold Clark out in a heartbeat . I was rewatching some of the earlier season episodes since a friend asked for a list of important eps so he could catch up in the series and that theme really stood out at times . She did a lot of stuff that almost got Clark exposed, biggest example was the episode where she got the power to make anyone tell the truth.

And while she did the usual i'm sorry bit she really didn't stop until she found out the truth from Alicia .[/QUOTE]
I guess because I like Chloe as a whole I just wanted them to be together for a short while so we could see if it could work between them. But, I know that will never happen now. I guess I will enjoy how long it takes him to finally admit that he is in love with Lois.

It would have been a good plot to explore earlier but now that ship has sailed........unless Clark doesn't mind breaking up marriages.

If season 8 is supposed to be Lois and Clark, then I'm very disappointed that they tried to work Lana back in there. Unless they were doing Kristen a favor since her movie is slated to come out pretty soon?

They just brought Lana back to wrap up her storyline (sadly not with a bullet to the skull), and now she's OFF THE SHOW FOREVER! YEAAAAAAAAAA!

We'll get a couple episodes of Clark brooding and then it will be back to freak of the week shit. The way it's meant to be, damnit.

They need more Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter, but otherwise I have few complaints about this season.

That trailer pisses me off. Either it's legit (storyline-wise) and they're permanently altering the show in a way completely off from the comics (IE Clark being secretive about his identity) or it's another dream/hallucination/acid trip that didn't really happen.

Or they find some stupid way to reverse everything that happened. Either way I like the darker angle of this season and, excluding Lana, have enjoyed it a lot so far. But enough with these silly episodes that won't have anything to do with the rest of the series!

[quote name='johnnypark']That trailer pisses me off. Either it's legit (storyline-wise) and they're permanently altering the show in a way completely off from the comics (IE Clark being secretive about his identity) or it's another dream/hallucination/acid trip that didn't really happen.

Or they find some stupid way to reverse everything that happened. Either way I like the darker angle of this season and, excluding Lana, have enjoyed it a lot so far. But enough with these silly episodes that won't have anything to do with the rest of the series![/quote]

Probably a dream episode or something similar to the 100th episode, where Lana dies, then he saves her.

Or maybe its real, and clark will start to wear his glasses soon, and they will make everyone dumb like in superman the movies where they can't see that superman and clark are the same person lol. But then he will have to erase lois memory, but everybody else is cool.

Either way this episode will kick butt!

You know, I would JUST ONCE like a television/movie version of Superman to explain the reason he wears his glasses so that people will quit making fun of it.

The reason is his eyes are not human looking. They're too brightly blue. He started wearing glasses so people wouldn't notice it, because it made them look duller then they were.

Yep... I'm a nerd.

Not sure how I feel about this season. Or the show in general. I watch it more or less out of loyalty anymore.

I don't see any huge benefit to flying for him right now, he runs at super speeds as is. It would just end up with ten episodes of problems that specifically have to be handled via flying and then right back to normal.

There has to be another blue shirt out there Welling could wear, did they buy those things in bulk by the hundred or what? :lol:

LOL they said he has a special made jacket or jackets. So yea plenty of blue shirts lol . They seem to be the cleanest set of clothes i ever seen tho, but the dirty ass boots can go.

They need to mix it up, he should wear a red shirt and blue jacket just to throw people off. or really go crazy and wear a purple shirt and red jacket. Let the fans try to figure out what the hell that means. ;)

Spoiler alet

According to Entertainment Weekly, a "long time Smallville character will be killed off at the end of this season and NOT come back, with the come back part being emphasized.

RIP Chloe I reckon... :(

Oh, and either Davis or Tess is dying too.

cut.jpg

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

" TORI SPELLING RETURNS AS LINDA LAKE — Linda Lake (guest star Spelling) returns to Metropolis and threatens to expose Clark's (Tom Welling) secret unless he promises to give her exclusive information on the red-blue blur so she can become a star reporter again. Refusing to be blackmailed, Clark tells Lois (Erica Durance) his secret and asks her to write his story for The Daily Planet. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#3T7465). "

Enjoy the Show everyone! :rockout:

[quote name='ananag112']Time traveling ring FTW[/QUOTE]
That was so funny. Now, they are
going to force him to fly again.

With a time traveling ring, why wouldn't he go back farther and undo some other things as well (like his father dying, putting on the red kryptonite ring, destroying his space ship, etc)?

I'm SO glad they actually let Zatanna do
the speak backwards part. She's always been one of my favorite DCU characters so I'm glad they're doing her right in this episode. Now we just need to have her join the show JLA.

[quote name='JolietJake']Hey what happened with Chloe and Jimmy?[/quote]

Jimmy got angry at Chloe for always taking sides with Clark and Davis over him, and said that he regretted marrying her. So I guess they're separated for the time being.

New episode of SV tonight:

beast3.jpg

" DAVIS ASKS CHLOE TO LEAVE TOWN WITH HIM — Clark (Tom Welling) discovers that Davis (Sam Witwer) is still alive and confronts Chloe (Allison Mack) about protecting him. Oliver (Justin Hartley) discovers Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) breaking into Chloe’s apartment, but things get rapidly worse after Davis jumps from the shadows and attacks both of them. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Genevieve Sparling (#3T7470). "

I don't know why they keep doing it and he gets them back mins later lol. I just ignore stuff like that like that.

[quote name='Pookymeister']i have to say the 'stealing clark's powers' thing was kinda lame - like they watched too much Heroes[/quote]

Even lamer - the iPhone and PSP being used as high tech fingerprinting/tracking devices. UGH.

That director's cut is great btw!

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT, tell your friends, pets whoever.

Episode Synopsis: SMALLVILLE ""Doomsday" Season 8 Episode 22 (Season Finale) - Oliver (Justin Hartley) tells Clark (Tom Welling) he must kill Davis (Sam Witwer), as Doomsday is a serious threat and must be stopped at all costs. However, Clark struggles with taking a human life, so the Green Arrow and his team decide to take matters into their own hands. Lois (Erica Durance) takes on Tess (Cassidy Freeman), but the fight takes a shocking turn. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) gets caught in the middle of Oliver and Clark’s battle over killing Davis. Aaron Ashmore also stars. James Marshall directed the episode written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders

Enjoy the show!

[quote name='JolietJake']Are they going to drag this out into another season? They need to get this over with and either kill him or save him.[/QUOTE]

drag it ? i doubt it, but i would'nt mind

bread's done
Back