LOL @ this eBay scammer...

JNKryo

CAGiversary!
Anyone remember that topic that got deleted (very quickly, btw) on the Video Game Deals forum a few weeks ago about someone placing eBay auctions for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Prestige Edition) and DJ Hero (Renegade Edition) for the Buy Now price of $25?

Yeah, we all knew it was a scam, but I placed one of his auctions on my watch list and just checked on the guy's feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...id=pink_tink_07&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=1

It's fucking hilarious!

[quote name='Tony208']lol one of the scam feedbacks is positive[/QUOTE]

Well that guy seemed to bite hard on the scam so looks like he was leaving all the feedback quickly. Its kind of hard to feel bad for people who fall for obvious scams like this. When you buy 20 brand new games for more than 50% of the cost what else do you expect.

LOL @ all of the repeated customers of the scammer

Some of these people fell for the scammers prices 10 times?!?!?! How fuckin' stupid can you be?

Of course, they werer probably drooling at the possibility of being able to resell the games they hoped they were going to get for 50%+ off of MSRP.

Suckers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL @ all of the repeated customers of the scammer

Some of these people fell for the scammers prices 10 times?!?!?! How fuckin' stupid can you be?

Of course, they werer probably drooling at the possibility of being able to resell the games they hoped they were going to get for 50%+ off of MSRP.

Suckers.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it possible that they bid on 10 different things from him at once?

[quote name='dmdragon']Isn't it possible that they bid on 10 different things from him at once?[/QUOTE]

That could be. But either way, it's hilarious that people fell for the low price scam so many times.

Idiots who fell for this. Rofl, I'm glad a mod closed that thread in the trade section. Thanks for posting this was curious what would happen

Lol at the reseller. Good for that lowlife, trying to buy so many copies with probable intent to resell (I see a lot of them if you look through their recent feedback when bidding against them).

The people who did this are just as bad as the scammer.

The protection and insurance is not there for people to abuse the system like that.

maybe ebay will have some limitations on their buyer insurance, paypal too.

Maybe a certain amount of claims of year, or banning you from coverage after you order 50 games from an obvious scammer.

Who's to say that the people that left the feedback actually paid for the items, and didn't just win the auctions and leave the negative feedback because they already knew it was a scam?

i dont understand why people would still buy from him after all the negatives he's received for scamming. Either way that dude's really got fucked up feedback.

[quote name='MikeBastard']I hold people who fall for things like this in less regard than I do the people who do the scamming.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I always love it when a new console comes out and people pay hundreds of dollars for the empty boxes, then try to say they were scammed when the listing clearly said "just the box."

A few CAG's in the last thread said they were (or already did) purchase from this seller. I wonder if they'll admit to purchasing from this scammer now (especially after arguing with the vast majority of forum members who knew it was a scam from the start)?

[quote name='Survivalism']I agree. I always love it when a new console comes out and people pay hundreds of dollars for the empty boxes, then try to say they were scammed when the listing clearly said "just the box."[/QUOTE]

That's a little bit different than this. In those cases, the person is trying to work the system. They deceive the person into believing that the system is included, and then they will bury the part about it just being a box. Should you always read the entire description of what you're buying? Of course. It pisses me off when I sell something, and then the person bitches about an issue I clearly described. But nonetheless, it's a little different than these schemes.

In this case, anyone who ordered from the guy is a complete and utter moron. Clearly, a game that goes for $60 or $70 or $80 or beyond is not going to be readily available for $25. That's just not going to happen, and anyone who ordered should known better. What's even worse is what Rozz described: the morons on here who will start arguments about how we shouldn't assume it's not legit. Then, when they get scammed, they cry about it.

lmao that sux. do the ppl get their money back? not sure but i heard if he withdrew then paypal cant return their money?

[quote name='StarOcean']lmao that sux. do the ppl get their money back? not sure but i heard if he withdrew then paypal cant return their money?[/QUOTE]

I know that is how it use to be. I have heard varying statements about it lately, and I can't really find a definitive answer on PayPal's website. Whatever the case, with most of these, the money will be returned. Lots of "high-risk" transactions, like those involving video games, get holds placed on them for up to 21 days. Unless you get positive feedback from the buyer or can prove the item was delivered, you can't remove the money from your account. So, a lot of that money is still floating in limbo, and the people will definitely get it back.

I bought one from the user as well so do me a favor and not call everyone idiots.

I saw so many games I figured it was game store going out of business or something. Sorry I'd like to see the good in people.

[quote name='corporateclone']I bought one from the user as well so do me a favor and not call everyone idiots.

I saw so many games I figured it was game store going out of business or something. Sorry I'd like to see the good in people.[/QUOTE]
Idiot.

Yeah, sorry, but you're still pretty naive. This scam has been popping up all the time lately. To think you're the lucky person who actually stumbled upon the magical seller who is basically giving away games is silly. Not to mention, wasn't this the seller who had stuff like Max Payne 3 available for "pre-order?" So, that pretty much blows the "store going out of business" theory out of the water. Even if there wasn't that massive red flag, the fact that they "had" DJ Hero Renegade for $25 should have stood out like a sore thumb. Going out of business or not, no one is going to be that easy. You could easily sell out of those in minutes even if you put them up at double or triple that price.

[quote name='corporateclone']I bought one from the user as well so do me a favor and not call everyone idiots.

I saw so many games I figured it was game store going out of business or something. Sorry I'd like to see the good in people.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate you coming out and admitting it, and since you're new here, I'll give you some leverage.

But as far as everyone else, you're not going to get any sympathy here.

You're just inexperienced, so you will soon realize these kind of scams happens quite often, and generally CAGs steer away from them so we can have a good laugh about it afterwards. Which is why you don't want to ever participate in it.

But yeah, I will just tell you now. There is no sympathy for you here. :bouncy:

Yeah not looking for sympathy as paypal will more than likely give me my money back. I just do not see how someone can think they will get away with a scam like that and not get caught. I mean possible jail time plus everyone using paypal will be reimbursed anyway. But still I did learn my lesson and I did get a good deal on another game for a ridiculously good price (batman arkham asylum for $10) so there are still good people out there offering good deals :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you did kinda set yourself up. You probably should have listened to the people posting in the original thread. You could have saved yourself the headache of tying up $25-$50 of your money.

If you can find an actual auction/listing for a brand new game for $25 that's legit I'll personally hand deliver it to you.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Well you did kinda set yourself up. You probably should have listened to the people posting in the original thread. You could have saved yourself the headache of tying up $25-$50 of your money.

If you can find an actual auction/listing for a brand new game for $25 that's legit I'll personally hand deliver it to you.[/QUOTE]

haha so the search for the $25 game begins. I'll expect a little bang for my buck (no homo).

[quote name='corporateclone']Yeah not looking for sympathy as paypal will more than likely give me my money back. I just do not see how someone can think they will get away with a scam like that and not get caught. I mean possible jail time plus everyone using paypal will be reimbursed anyway. But still I did learn my lesson and I did get a good deal on another game for a ridiculously good price (batman arkham asylum for $10) so there are still good people out there offering good deals :).[/QUOTE]

I do believe there are great deals to be had, especially on ebay.....but this one was just way to good to be true. i mean I can sorta understand 1 copy.....but multiple copies of A+,highly demanded titles only going for a bout 1/3 of the price....that just had bad situation written all over it. At least you will get your money back so thats what matters the most. great find on Arkham though. At least things do work out well.

Exactly. You might be able to get lucky and find someone who just wants to get rid of one or two items. I mean, really lucky. Even that case, they would likely use Craigslist to rid themselves of it quicker, but still, I'll grant him that you might find something like that on eBay. But stuff like this clearly screams "scam," specially considering how often we're seeing this pop up.

Yeah, a obvious scam and the same individuals fell for it multiple times. Good luck getting their money back since the scammer would have withdrawn and closed his bank account by now.

Paypal will refund the money and make the guy's PP account go into negative, eventually send it to a collections agency where they can try to track him down for payment. But for right now he has the money in hand

[quote name='corporateclone']
That's right hide behind your monitor, typical internet asshole.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you're a real tough guy in real life. You probably are more muscle than mind since common sense and logic seemed to have passed you over entirely.

The seller did sell some Army of two: 40th Days for $30.00 before he made all those fake listings and that game just came out too...

Was reimbursed my money so no harm no foul. That doucher is hopefully in some legal trouble for the stunt they pulled.

Still woulda been sweet to get uncharted 2 for $25.

first of all - anyone with half a brain would know its a scam - who would think they are getting those products for $25
also why wouldnt anyone check his other auctions - guess theres a sucker born every minute

bread's done
Back