Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $19.99 - Amazon (Gamestop PM)

Anyone who is on the fence about this at 20 dollars, I say go for it.

I pre-ordered this back when it was 60 dollars and I couldn't have been happier. The combat takes some getting used to and feels a bit slow until you progress a ways into the game, but it gets better. The story has just enough of going on to keep you interested while all the while throwing so much random BS at you you can't help but laugh. Also keep in mind that this is more of an arcade game in a sense, it's short, and meant to be played through many times for high scores.

[quote name='blinknot4']Keep your eyes on our AWD thread. This means LN copies will be around 15 or so...[/QUOTE]

not sure about that.. i have a feeling $19.99 new is going to sell out fast

[quote name='jrr6415sun']not sure about that.. i have a feeling $19.99 new is going to sell out fast[/QUOTE]

That means nothing. AWD prices are based on Amazon pricing.

After Killer7 and NMH, I have sworn never to buy another Suda game new. Has been a good policy so far, but this one won't show up on GameFly dailies

Thanks OP, played this one way early at PAX this year, and wasn't terribly impressed with it as a full priced title, but I have no problem paying 20 bucks for it. This also goes to solidify why I refuse to pay full price for any game anymore, they always end up sub-$30 within a couple of months.

I wasn't interested in this game until seeing a few Lets Play videos, too bad I ended up seeing the final boss and ending as a result...I hate when people don't mark finales properly and they're the top hit on youtube when searching.

Hm... tempting, but I'm still on the fence.

How does this game play out? Is it linear (like Shadows of the Damned) or is it mission based (like No More Heroes)?

It's very linear, but nonetheless enjoyable. Like another person said, it feels very much like an arcade game since there's also a rankings mode categorized by time attack, score attack, and a combination of both.

I enjoyed this game a lot. I will agree that it starts off slow though, and the fun gameplay doesn't start until you start unlocking new moves.

Very much worth it for $20 in my opinion. It's a fun and quirky game. Like a few others have mentioned, it starts slow in terms of combat because you really don't start with any combo's other than X + X + X.

The "comedy" is very much crude though a lot.. some of it I didn't like, but I still found the majority of the scenes to be silly. Plus, it has High School of the Dead costumes!!

Going through the game took me about... 6-7? hours, but you can continue to play for ranking modes, better high scores, etc.

[quote name='HakaHina']It's very linear, but nonetheless enjoyable. Like another person said, it feels very much like an arcade game since there's also a rankings mode categorized by time attack, score attack, and a combination of both.[/QUOTE]

I'll wait then. Suda's game's are so inconsistent, that there's always a few missions that I love and want to replay... I hated that SotD didn't have a stage select option.

This game was a dud to me. The premise was interesting and I'm sure had a lot of funny parts, but the gameplay was so bad I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Good for people who can look over bad gameplay for style/humor.

Took it and traded it in for $20 at BB.

bread's done
Back