Lone Wolf & Cub 6-Film Blu-ray Collection - $16.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has dropped the price for the Lone Wolf and Cub 6 Film Blu-ray collection down to just $16.99. This is an amazing value for 6 movies. The movies come on 2 discs so the Picture/audio quality is sacrificed somewhat, but not the worst. It's still an upgrade from the DVD's which tend to go for a lot more

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub...=1356460953&sr=8-1&keywords=lone+wolf+and+cub

The english dubbed version called Shogun Assassin is just $22.99. The PQ is better on this one

http://www.amazon.com/Shogun-Assass...id=1356460970&sr=8-2&keywords=shogun+assassin

Last edited by a moderator:
I've loved these movies since I was a kid when they were supposedly banned in the US. I had the first movie on an imported VHS tape and later I bought an import DVD but the quality on both was was pretty bad. Kill Bill brought these films into America's lexicon but most of the versions they have released since have had all kinds of problems. This set seems pretty sweet although I would have liked to have 1 disc per movie. Great find, looks like I'm buying myself an XMas present.

[quote name='Greybeard']Kill Bill brought these films into America's lexicon...[/QUOTE]

No love for the Wu-Tang Clan?

Shogun Assassin is dubbed (english voiced) Lone Wolf is in its original Japanese language with subs. Lone wolf is the original, while Shogun is the westernized version. The first 2 Lone wolf movies were re-edited together to make the first Shogun Assassin movie (mostly from Pt 2 though) the remaining 4 Lone Wolf movies were reproduced faithfully for Shogun 2-5

[quote name='monkeymanofmars']What's the difference between this and shogun assassin?[/QUOTE]

Also, Which one is better to buy

It depends whether you have any probs with english dubbing. Shogun Assassin is one of th emore popular English dub movies from the genre so some people don't mind seeing it that way at all. The Picture quality is better than the Lone Wolf set too despite coming out before it.

I went ahead and ordered this. Its on backorder right now but that's fine. I have all the Dark Horse manga and really, really enjoyed it so for $16.99 I figured this should be more than worth it. Thanks OP!

DNR looks like it kills any interest I have in the originals, but I'm tempted to get the Shogun Assassin set. I kinda like the cheese that dubbing brings anyway.

OOS now, ordered it though because it still shows at that price. I've never backordered anything from Amazon so I don't know if they'll honor the price when they get more. Anyway, thanks OP good find

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']OOS now, ordered it though because it still shows at that price. I've never backordered anything from Amazon so I don't know if they'll honor the price when they get more. Anyway, thanks OP good find[/QUOTE]

They'll honor it.

I tried not to spend any more money, but I couldn't pass up LW&C for $17. Although things like PQ issues do bug me, I can more or less ignore them based on how much I pay for something. At $17 for 6 films, I can't imagine that there would be any issues that would make me regret picking up this set.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I tried not to spend any more money, but I couldn't pass up LW&C for $17. Although things like PQ issues do bug me, I can more or less ignore them based on how much I pay for something. At $17 for 6 films, I can't imagine that there would be any issues that would make me regret picking up this set.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with ya. That's a great deal. :applause:

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I tried not to spend any more money, but I couldn't pass up LW&C for $17. Although things like PQ issues do bug me, I can more or less ignore them based on how much I pay for something. At $17 for 6 films, I can't imagine that there would be any issues that would make me regret picking up this set.[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back