long ethernet cable?

Wrong, Cat5 isn't a niche item that's unavailable up here. If you know a electrician he can easily fetch that much from a local distributor for next to nothing. I literally didn't pay my friend anything the last time I needed ~100ft, I think he said the 1000ft cases only cost like $50.

Of course that doesn't help much for normal customers that don't know distributors. I'm just saying that there's better :bouncy:

Umm, if you want something local you can just grab 100ft from NCIX for $25. It's a bit more than Monoprice, but not having your cable crushed in the mail seems worth it. Also if you can crimp your ends, maybe check the Home Depot?

Even though I'd probably just end up ordering one from monoprice or NCIX (or picking up locally at Memory Express); I think home depot sells Ethernet cable by the foot as well for reasonably priced. You'd have to crimp the ends yourself though.

[quote name='mrzombiefingers']$10 CAD Free shipping

put this item number in the ebay.ca search bar
260536216448[/QUOTE]

Eeew, don't get free shipping from Hong Kong. As a rule you never want to kink or crush Cat5, it will cause connectivity issues, especially with a long run. It's quite probable the cable will suffer some abuse shipping from Hong Kong.

I would go with monoprice,
but if I remember correctly, anything longer than 100ft will affect the performance of your network.
Those are just tiny copper wires ...

bread's done
Back