Look at the magically hovering car!!

anubis20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
My favorite quote ever, "Where we're going we don't need roads!!" Look at my hovering car!!! All jokes aside, all I can say is what the fuck!!!! So much for Easter Sunday, i'm woken up to loud screams by my mother. I'm half awake and I hear her say someone stole my wheels, i'm like BS april fools has passed, but sure enough they're gone. I didn't have anything special, stock wheels, now I can't go to work and I have to deal with my insurance. They also damaged the left side of the body kit. I need to have a chat with god like Peter Petrelli did in that episode of heroes.

DSC05215.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

DSC05217.jpg

Wow. I have a TL just like that, slightly darker. fucking savages. Who the hell would take STOCK rims on a TL?

Those are going to be expensive as all hell to replace. The dealer wanted $450 for one the last time I checked. I'd go aftermarket this time if I were you OP.

I still can't get over that someone stole the STOCK rims on your TL. You have my sympathy.

And how fucked up is it that they put it up on Styrofoam blocks? I mean seriously...

Edit: When you get new rims, make sure you get locking lugs. I had some on my last TL and the only way you were going to get them off was with a very specific key that went down into the lugs themselves.

It might be worth a few phone calls to the salvage yards to see if they have any replacements, or if someone just brought a set in.

I had an Impala with 20" rims on it and they tried to steal that thing on a weekly basis so i traded it in for this car and swore never to hook it up with aftermarket parts because the same was going to happen again and look at it now, i'm pretty sure that car will be sitting there for a few weeks now because as always insurance companies take their sweet ass time

[quote name='anubis20']I had an Impala with 20" rims on it and they tried to steal that thing on a weekly basis so i traded it in for this car and swore never to hook it up with aftermarket parts because the same was going to happen again and look at it now, i'm pretty sure that car will be sitting there for a few weeks now because as always insurance companies take their sweet ass time[/quote]

It's a damn shame you aren't closer down south. I have a pair of stock TL rims that I'd get rid of for cheap, just until you could get something else worked out.

I don't think you'll have much of an issue with your insurance company dragging ass on this one. You literally can't drive the car, so it's sort of an emergency type situation.

Looking at all those houses, I'm guessing you have a garage. Don't have enough space for the car? You should invest in a security cam or device if it is that much of a problem.

there's like 5 cars here, my mom takes up one space and it becomes a pain in the ass to be moving cars in and out of the garage to put another car in. Guess what now, i'll move the damn cars myself everyday and i'll put it in the garage.

Meh, all you gotta do now is go find another TL...get some buddies, a couple of those pavers, and then YOU steal THOSE wheels.

Sheesh...kids and their fads.....

Who steals stock tires? But then again i guess it'd be harder to find stock tires and prove they were yours then some unique rims, so it would may a little bit of sense for them to do it.

They must work like a nascar pit crew or something because normally it takes a few minutes to get a tire off, much less 4

Don't they make those like..locking lug nuts, the kind that have a unique center spiral thing that only a certain master "key" can undo.....or is that like "The Club" now...aka: A joke....

???

[quote name='HeadRusch']Don't they make those like..locking lug nuts, the kind that have a unique center spiral thing that only a certain master "key" can undo.....or is that like "The Club" now...aka: A joke....

???[/quote]

The stock TL rims have locking lugs, but they are very easy to break off.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']ouch they did that to my 300 stole my rims i was so pissed u have insurance for the wheels?[/quote]

These weren't aftermarket rims. He wouldn't need additional insurance.

It's not magically hovering, it's rising on the most holy of Sundays. Your car is Jesus, obviously. He didn't need sandals to walk on water, and now he doesn't need wheels to get your ass to wherever it needs to go.

[quote name='Strell']It's not magically hovering, it's rising on the most holy of Sundays. Your car is Jesus, obviously. He didn't need sandals to walk on water, and now he doesn't need wheels to get your ass to wherever it needs to go.[/QUOTE]

white pillars are raising from the ground as it ascends to the heavenly skies.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']ouch they did that to my 300 stole my rims i was so pissed u have insurance for the wheels?[/QUOTE]

they were stock rims, insurance will cover

[quote name='mtxbass1']Wow. I have a TL just like that, slightly darker. fucking savages. Who the hell would take STOCK rims on a TL?

Those are going to be expensive as all hell to replace. The dealer wanted $450 for one the last time I checked. I'd go aftermarket this time if I were you OP.

I still can't get over that someone stole the STOCK rims on your TL. You have my sympathy.

And how fucked up is it that they put it up on Styrofoam blocks? I mean seriously...

Edit: When you get new rims, make sure you get locking lugs. I had some on my last TL and the only way you were going to get them off was with a very specific key that went down into the lugs themselves.[/quote]
I think you just answered your own question. If they cost $450 each at a dealer, that's why someone stole them.

[quote name='JolietJake']I think you just answered your own question. If they cost $450 each at a dealer, that's why someone stole them.[/quote]

No?

Have you ever been to the dealer to get a price on something for your car? They charge outrageous prices on anything in there. My Acura dealer wanted $20 per piece, for these little tiny bumper plugs that you put in place of the front license plate. We're talking about something that costs a few cents, at most, here.

Nearly every car dealer is going to charge an insane amount for replacement rims, regardless of the make or model. Acura charges between $1850-3000 for a set of four around here, depending on the style.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No?

Have you ever been to the dealer to get a price on something for your car? They charge outrageous prices on anything in there. My Acura dealer wanted $20 per piece, for these little tiny bumper plugs that you put in place of the front license plate. We're talking about something that costs a few cents, at most, here.

Nearly every car dealer is going to charge an insane amount for replacement rims, regardless of the make or model. Acura charges between $1850-3000 for a set of four around here, depending on the style.[/quote]
You see, when things are expensive, they tend to be targets for theft. Now they can turn around and sell these rims for less than dealer price, but still a farily high price. Now do you see why they stole them?

[quote name='JolietJake']You see, when things are expensive, they tend to be targets for theft. Now they can turn around and sell these rims for less than dealer price, but still a farily high price. Now do you see why they stole them?[/quote]

:roll:

You seem to be ignoring the fact, that nearly ANY car is going to have "expensive" rims when purchased from the dealer. No one is going to pay anything close to what the dealer is asking for those. They have Acura center caps on them and are very specific to particular styles of the TL. I'd say the market for them is very limited. Whoever stole these isn't going to put them up on Craigslist to undercut the dealer.

This is nothing more than a case of shitty luck for the OP. It has little to do with how much the dealer sells the rims for. Do you really think the people that stole them have an idea of how much they cost to replace? Get a clue.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll:

You seem to be ignoring the fact, that nearly ANY car is going to have "expensive" rims when purchased from the dealer. No one is going to pay anything close to what the dealer is asking for those. They have Acura center caps on them and are very specific to particular styles of the TL. I'd say the market for them is very limited. Whoever stole these isn't going to put them up on Craigslist to undercut the dealer.

This is nothing more than a case of shitty luck for the OP. It has little to do with how much the dealer sells the rims for. Do you really think the people that stole them have an idea of how much they cost to replace? Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

yea there is a chrysler 300 SRT/8 a few houses down, those come with 20" from factory, they did not bother him and that thing has been parked on the street for months, he never moves. no one would be willing to pay more than 6-700 for my set.

you can own expensive wheels and tires, just take the proper precautions. Wheel locks & an alarm are usually enough to keep them safe or delay them long enough to not take a chance.

It's really sad...

I've got my car broken into... 3 times? (can't remember) In my drive way and now I don't keep shit in my car, nor do I keep it clean either (although it is 22 yrs old anyway). Funny thing is... each time they haven't stolen my stereo which frankly they can have since the CD part is broken anyway.

I don't live in da ghetto although this place has really gone to shit. We have shit neighbors around here too. Down the road a guy had a pretty much stock civic si coupe and they stole his stock rims. Now... that... is really pathetic. And why are they worth anything? because Ho_da is so overrated.

These days if I want to have anything fancy I keep it hidden or virtual via Gran Turismo or Forza 2 for example. It's a real waste of time to keep anything nice out in the open these days since no one cares about the concept of respect.

:roll:

[quote name='Malik112099']you can own expensive wheels and tires, just take the proper precautions. Wheel locks & an alarm are usually enough to keep them safe or delay them long enough to not take a chance.[/quote]

Don't know where you live, but most anywhere wheel locks and an alarm don't do squat. If they want it that bad it doesn't matter what you have protecting it.

[quote name='Strell']It's not magically hovering, it's rising on the most holy of Sundays. Your car is Jesus, obviously. He didn't need sandals to walk on water, and now he doesn't need wheels to get your ass to wherever it needs to go.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, OP. Hopefully the insurance company won't take too long to get back to you man.

You have my sympathy and I feel your pain.

I don't know what it is about Hondas, but I've had mine broken into 3 times right outside my house. Jimmied the lock, destroyed the door lock, and broke the driver side window, in that order. The thing is I have a piece of crap Civic with no aftermarket parts and I've never placed anything of significant value within the car. They managed to break the faceplate off of my CD player and steal some burned CDs during the second break-in, but that was it.

I got nothing from my insurance company and had to pay for repairs out of pocket in each instance, which was the most annoying part. Either that or the fact that my next door neighbor has a really nice BMW in his driveway and it's never been touched.

[quote name='Josef']I wonder if it was an inside job.[/QUOTE]

i think i would have taken care not to screw up the side skirt and place the back brick on the drivers side properly, that damn thing is about to fall.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This is the reason I will never buy expensive rims, hell maybe even tires. I feel sorry for you OP and it sucks.[/quote]

These were factory rims.

bread's done
Back