Lookin for LCD 1080p

Actually Ive seen a 32 1080p for I think it was 900. Im pretty sure it was a sharp. It was either at best buy or circuit city but it was on sale too. Probably back up to 1200 or so now.

A specific model doesn't come to mind, but definitely check out amazon, especially if you live in a state that doesn't tax orders from them. I got a 52" Samsung 1080p LCD for about $950 less than what it would have cost at BB or CC back in June.

Not many Tvs in stores that I have seen are 1080p below 40". THere is a Sharp 32" which has an awesome picture but unless its on sale will be over 1,000. If you can find it onsale I would recommend it, I have a 42" sharp and the picture is absolutely amazing.

[quote name='SOLIDSNAKE']Does anyone know of a good brand 30-32 inch LCD 1080p tv for under 1000$? -Thanks[/quote]

go to Fry's. buy the sammy 720p 32" lcd. it's best pc you can get in that size and it's only $599! boom, your done!

[quote name='zman73']You do not need 1080p in a 32" tv, thats why there are so few available[/quote]
Why's that?

You wont benefit from 1080P unless you go past 46"+

A screen that small doesnt have the amount of pixels that will show a difference.

[quote name='Lice']You wont benefit from 1080P unless you go past 46"+

A screen that small doesnt have the amount of pixels that will show a difference.[/quote]

I think you mean the SIZE of the pixels, not the Amount....

[quote name='Lice']You wont benefit from 1080P unless you go past 46"+

A screen that small doesnt have the amount of pixels that will show a difference.[/quote]

42, not 46, is the size at which 1080p is started to be seen and noticeable :)

Best buy had a great deal last week on a Panny 50inch 1080p tv for I think 997.. amazing deal..

Or get that cool 700 off a 1k or more tv with that hda deal going on..

some slick website has ways to do it.. Dont say I didnt warn you though :(

I got my 47" vizio 1080p lcd panel at wal-mart for under $1500($1346). The 1080p resolution is sweet, sometimes you have to pay a little more to get the better quality. Vizio is usually the cheapest brand to shoot for.

Olevia 37" from Target. I paid $550 on BF, but they have them for $899 retail. HD looks great and has many other options(2 HDMI, 2 S-Video, 2 Component and CPU monitor hookups). Don't let the "off brands" fool you. They are simply the same guts as your top models, but just don't advertise to keep the price LOW.

[quote name='itlnstln']Olevia 37" from Target. I paid $550 on BF, but they have them for $899 retail. HD looks great and has many other options(2 HDMI, 2 S-Video, 2 Component and CPU monitor hookups). Don't let the "off brands" fool you. They are simply the same guts as your top models, but just don't advertise to keep the price LOW.[/QUOTE]

Im enjoying the same Olevia that I got from them as well... makes a great secondary television... I use it for DTV HD and my upconverting player, keeping the 61" 1080p tv for PS3, HD-DVD, DTVHD, and XB360

And like it has been stated, you will not notice any difference on 1080p on a 32" tv... if there was a big difference, there would be alot more models available, as is, they are few and far between

32" is kind of small...you'll want to sit like 4' back from the TV if you get 1080p =P

Overall not worth it, you should save up more money or just settle for a 720p 32"

Westinghouse 1080p 42 incher it's frequently under 1k. I have one as a basement TV and love it. Check BB you may have to use a 10-12% off coupon. They were like $900 this holiday season and now have 4 HDMI ports. If you have a $1k budget I highly recommend it. (As evident in my previous posts.)

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']42, not 46, is the size at which 1080p is started to be seen and noticeable :)

Best buy had a great deal last week on a Panny 50inch 1080p tv for I think 997.. amazing deal..

Or get that cool 700 off a 1k or more tv with that hda deal going on..

some slick website has ways to do it.. Dont say I didnt warn you though :([/quote]

Why weren't we informed about this sweet deal?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!?

Pretty much the best 1080p lcd for the price IMO is the westinghouse lvm-37w3-se for $700 shipped with fatwallet cash back via newegg. It does not have a TV tuner however.

[quote name='Cameronie']Why weren't we informed about this sweet deal?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!?[/quote]

Cuz its insanely unethical, BB can possibly charge back the discount, etc.. its very risky.. works though.. or it did anyway.

Didnt wanna post about it.. it violates every rule from best buy's return policy lol

[quote name='freshzen']32" is kind of small...you'll want to sit like 4' back from the TV if you get 1080p =P

Overall not worth it, you should save up more money or just settle for a 720p 32"[/quote]
Well, that'd be good for me because the length from the TV stand and the wall is like 8 feet only

BestBuy's still has the Westinghouse 42" 1080p with 4 HDMI at the holiday price of $989.99 before coupon. If you are a Reward zone member there is a 10-12% off coupon still valid Making it about $891 before tax, assuming in-store pick-up.

The unlike the 37 inch 1080p Westinghouse the TX-42F430S has a built in tuner.

Note: Bestbuy has the picture of the previous model (Silver and black) on the site. The new model has an all black glossy bezel with a matte black-brushed silver under-bezel and a much nicer remote than the previous model. The power on indicator has been switched from white to a cobalt blue color also.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8386285&st=westinghouse&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1181831586462

You would also be getting a decent sized reward-zone certificate after buying this. Since the this HDTV is under $1k it is also eligible for the cheapest priced extended warranty from BB which is a 4 year for $129. Buy both and the TV is still less than Amazons price for just the TV.

bread's done
Back