Looking at buying an iPod

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all,

So I currently own an iPod classic.  It's 160 gb and I'm happy with this and it serves the purpose I got it for (holding lots of music).  My cell phone is a Galaxy S4.

I bought my fiancée an iPhone 5C for Christmas because that's what she wanted.

We currently live about 2 hours apart and won't be getting married until October 11th.  She feels that for right now all we have for the most part is a "phone" relationship. Which we see each other as often as we can but with our work schedules it can prove difficult at times.

My solution to this is video chatting.  She seems open to this option or at least giving it a try.

The easiest and most reliable way to go about doing this seems to be buying an iPod Touch 5th Generation.  I don't want an iPhone and her current iPod is an 8gb (it's small and has a screen...idr model name...video?).

So for the 5th Generation I'd considering buying either a 16 gb or a 32 gb.  The 32 gb has more features but also costs more.  My intention on this purchase is to use it until we get married for the Facetime feature and really nothing else.  Once we get married I'm going to give it to her to use as her iPod if she so chooses.

What is the best current price for an iPod?  In my browsing around today it seems maybe buying from  Best Buy is the way to go.

The 16gb model is $219.99 down from $229 so only $10.   The 32gb model is $259.99 on sale down from $299.99 so $40 here.

I've got plenty of Best Buy store credit to use so the money isn't an issue.

Are there any other current better deals on a 5th Generation iPod Touch that I'm overlooking or does this seem like the pick a size/color and buy it situation?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

She has an iPhone and I have a Galaxy. So there are some apps that don't cross.

When she had an android phone before we tried several and none were all that reliable. We used the major/popular ones just weren't happy with call quality.

If there is a better option I'm certainly open to it.

Google Hangouts works across iOS/Android/Windows/OS X. I use a SIII and never had any issues video chatting with someone on an iPhone or iPad.

bread's done
Back