Looking for a cheap inkjet printer

JofCore

CAGiversary!
My Canon ip1500 printer just died today... prints blank pages or doesn't power on at all and smells funny.

Anyway, I'm looking for a cheap (and preferably decent) inkjet printer to replace it.

I'm planning on getting the Epson Artisan 50. It's discontinued but there are some on ebay for $100 or less last time I checked. Retail was $99 so I wouldn't pay any more than that. The reason why I want this printer is it can print directly onto dvd/cd. Check it out if you want that functionality.

Other than that I would suggest the Lexmark Z2420 because of the reviews and it's wireless. Goes for about $59. Or the Canon Pixma IP2600 which has also received good reviews and that goes for about $50.

Good luck finding your printer dude.

Cool, thanks! I was looking at the ip2600 last night online. Today I checked @ Walmart and they have it for $30 so it looks like that's probably the one I'll get. Gotta wait 'til I get paid again though :)

Thanx!

You're probably aware of this already, but check the ink cartridge prices before you buy. They can easily offset any savings by buying the cheaper printer.

[quote name='Dendaman']You're probably aware of this already, but check the ink cartridge prices before you buy. They can easily offset any savings by buying the cheaper printer.[/QUOTE]
Yep, good advice. The cartridges for the iP2600 seem fairly reasonable... not as cheap as I could get the ones for my old ip1500, but still not too bad. $14 for the black, $16.50 for the color from amazon. Pretty much the cost of the printer to replace them both, but that's pretty common for an el cheapo printer it seems :D But not too expensive nonetheless doesn't seem to be..

If you don't print color much definately get a laser, they're cheap cheap nowadays and the toner lasts forever..... also cheap to refill yourself.

bread's done
Back