Looking for a Cheap IPOD

[quote name='Chris Dillon']arent we all. Im selling an iriver 120 though which is just as good.[/QUOTE]

Or better. OP, don't get an iPod. There are so many excellent, cheaper players out there. :D

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']Or better. OP, don't get an iPod. There are so many excellent, cheaper players out there. :D[/QUOTE]

True indeed. iPods just attract a lot of unwanted attention and are scratch/fingerprint magnets (on par with the PSP). I have owned an iPod, and now I own a Creative Zen Micro and like it much more.

I think as far as ease of use goes, the ipod can't be beat. I spent forever trying to decide on an mp3 player, and came really close to buying a Neuros mp3 player - it has the most features of anything. But the simple fact is, its size made it something I couldn't put in my pocket and listen to just like that.

Nice article about the ipod stealing. However I believe that is an isolated incident. People get killed over stupid things in this world and you can't say it is just because of the Ipod.

You can try ebay or maybe amazon.com, although that can be risky. I got mine at circuit city for $230 used, and it works perfectly fine.

I got my wife's through a mac web dealership like clubmac or macmall, since they are always offering free (after rebate) items like protective sleeves, car mounts, FM transmitters, shipping... etc... plus I didnt pay any tax

He asked if someone or some place had a cheap iPod he didn't ask for you iPod life stories and he did not want to get into the debate on which player to go with. The man just wants an iPod...By the way I have 1 in my list. Not 100% if I am selling it. The car mechanic is calling me tomorrow. So if you want to make an offer. It isn't going to be "cheap" but it will cetainly be CHEAP for everything you get. Over $150 in accessories not included the music on there. And all the music has been purchased... Check it out... See my sig for the link to my list.

30 GB models (photos) can be had for 299 new at your local apple store or online with your student discount.

Also research a lot about the next mp3 player you intend to buy. Some are prone to Hard drive failures and various other defects. I wouldn't go cheap when buy an MP3 player, you'll either end up returning it or loosing a ton of money.

iPods are kind of the sure thing, they tend to have little to no defects and always perform well. I've owned a few and none of mine have had problems. Hell my last ipod fell out of my pocket while I was running on a tread mill and hit a wall at 10 mph and had no damage to it other than a scratch. I will warn you that my brother and one of his friends had HDs problems with their iPods. (but in all honesty my brother and his friend did beat the hell out of theirs. My bro would leave his in his car in 100 degree + weather and sometimes in sub zero weather. Thats really something you shouldn't to most electronics.)

[quote name='JSK414']He asked if someone or some place had a cheap iPod he didn't ask for you iPod life stories and he did not want to get into the debate on which player to go with. The man just wants an iPod...By the way I have 1 in my list. Not 100% if I am selling it. The car mechanic is calling me tomorrow. So if you want to make an offer. It isn't going to be "cheap" but it will cetainly be CHEAP for everything you get. Over $150 in accessories not included the music on there. And all the music has been purchased... Check it out... See my sig for the link to my list.[/QUOTE]
what link in sig?

i like my Ipod Shuffle.. i got it from the free sites.. definately a quality player.. only thing i don't like about it is you HAVE to use Itunes.. and you HAVE to have a USB 2.0 drive.. other than that.. sound quality is perfect and the buttons are amazing and its very small and discreet.

Sig there now?... Urzishra14 try Ephpod... Not sure if ti works with the shuffle, it works amazingly with the 20gigs.

[quote name='dmes65']Aldi's has the ipod shuffle 512 for $89 this week. I love mine.[/QUOTE]

I find that hilarious.

Apple has refurbed iPods on their site. They come with a warranty the same as new iPods. Probably the cheapest place to find one.

Just bought a new 6GB ipod for $179.99 which included shipping off ebay. Of course, I haven't received it yet because I just won the auction yesterday. The auction price was $199 and I paid through paypal using a 10% coupon code (CATLSP051025 - got the code from Slickdeals.) Everywhere else wants about $230 for a 6GB.

[quote name='urzishra14']what link in sig?

i like my Ipod Shuffle.. i got it from the free sites.. definately a quality player.. only thing i don't like about it is you HAVE to use Itunes.. and you HAVE to have a USB 2.0 drive.. other than that.. sound quality is perfect and the buttons are amazing and its very small and discreet.[/QUOTE]

Ipod Shuffles do NOT require a USB 2.0 port. I don't have one on my PC and my 1 GB Ipod Shuffle works just fine. The data just doesn't go as fast as it does with a 2.0 port and you wait longer for your music to transfer.

You can burn your CD collection into Itunes and then transfer them to your Ipod as well, so don't think you have to re-buy your collection from the Itunes Music Store to enjoy an Ipod.

Apple's student discount or a refurbished model would be the easiest way to go about finding a "cheap" iPod.

I was lucky enough to get the 25% coupon at MediaPlay to work last month and picked up the 6GB mini for about $186. It's the best electronics purchase I've made in a long while.

Unfortunately the coupon has expired and I don't know if there will be another in the future.

if you were to find a refurbished mini 4gb ipod (179) at a apple store could you get an additional 10% discount if you're a student? at apple.com you get free shipping

$234.95 shipped, have a friend who works at Tekserve http://www.tekserve.com/ in NYC that states factory Refurb is same as new, plus Apple warranty is excellent. but personally my brother has gone through a few himself and my friend has tons of stories, you will most likely be using that warranty new or refurb, unless you put it on a pedestal it wont last long, theyre not designed for daily wear & tear more like casual strolling on a sunday lol, but seriously theyre very delicate.

234.95 Shipped / No Tax :
http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?affid=308&item=17881P

I was going to get another ipod when my mini broke on me last month but god damned there expensive. I got a dell DJ 20 gig (2nd gen) for $199, and it has all the features the ipod has except the games which I could give two ass hairs about. I suggest that or a Dell Pocket DJ 5gig which is the same size as a ipod mini and is only 149 bucks. Don't let dell name throw you off, that fight the machine I only use non corporate products because it's cool is a bunch of bull , it's a hell of a well made player and sounds great.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Ipod Shuffles do NOT require a USB 2.0 port. I don't have one on my PC and my 1 GB Ipod Shuffle works just fine. The data just doesn't go as fast as it does with a 2.0 port and you wait longer for your music to transfer.

You can burn your CD collection into Itunes and then transfer them to your Ipod as well, so don't think you have to re-buy your collection from the Itunes Music Store to enjoy an Ipod.[/QUOTE]
you're right you don't HAVE to have it to transfer but you Have to have it to charge the battery.(if you don't have an external way of charging it).. and i had troubles with the Ipod shuffle reading through my 1.1 ports so i had to get 2.0 ports and now it works fine..

The best deal if you want a new Ipod is to check out Costco. I think they sell them for $10 less than the MSRP (i.e. 189.99 for an HP Ipod)

Short of what others have said, grab the student discount online...

But if you want to explore other options, I recommend the creative zen xtra jukebox models. Good performance for the price. gl to you.

bread's done
Back