Looking for a cheap, under $300 laptop for school & multimedia, T61P a good choice?

Hente

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hi, just as the title says I am looking for a pretty cheap laptop, preferably under $300, that can handle my word processing, web browsing, and 720p anime. I'll also occasionally be working with Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop and Sony Vegas. Looking for a screen size of around 14" - 15", the bigger the resolution the better.

I was looking at some used T61Ps as they seem to fit my needs and I can pick 'em up for around $200 - $300 on ebay. That 15.4", 1980x1200 display really interests me as well, just wanted to know if there are any alernatives before I make the purchase. I really like that simplistic look of the Thinkpad series, so i'd appreciate it if the alternatives looked similar, its fine if they don't though. New or used doesn't matter to me.

Specs of the ebay T61Ps jump around a lot so I can't give specific details about them. They usually have a C2D, 2.2 - 2.4 GHz processor (T7500 & T7700), 2 - 4 GB Ram, 80 - 100 GB HDD & an Nvidia Quadro FX 570M.

bread's done
Back