Looking for a cheap way to play my I-Pod through my CD Car Radio.

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I am looking for a way to play my I-Pod through my work van's car radio. I do not have a tape deck or a aux out on the radio so I need on of those wireless FM Modulators. I know the sound quality will not be that great because of the wireless connection but thats fine. Are there any cheap but usable ones anyone kind point me in the direction of, maybe something from ebay or maybe www.dealextreme.com.

Thanks in advance for your help,
ajh2298

What kind of car do you have? I have a Protege5 and was able to buy a device called an Auxmod (specifically designed for Mazdas) that adds an auxiliary port so I could play my Zune. You might want to check the web for something like that. It was like $60 or so and way better than an fm transmitter.

Depending where you are, a FM transmitter might be a bad idea. I went with one of those for a while, but there are simply too many competing radio stations, and the quality varied greatly. I am in an area between two fairly urban areas, however X_x.
The BEST (certainly not cheapest) thing to do is to get an auxillary port mod, which is usually only available if your radio is CD changer capable. Mine (Chevy silverado 1500) ran me about $125, but the factory radio is actually pretty good, so I didn't want to change that. Depending on pricing, you might be better off just buying a new radio that already has an auxillary port.
Good luck!

[quote name='Svenrulerofall']Depending where you are, a FM transmitter might be a bad idea. I went with one of those for a while, but there are simply too many competing radio stations, and the quality varied greatly. I am in an area between two fairly urban areas, however X_x.
The BEST (certainly not cheapest) thing to do is to get an auxillary port mod, which is usually only available if your radio is CD changer capable. Mine (Chevy silverado 1500) ran me about $125, but the factory radio is actually pretty good, so I didn't want to change that. Depending on pricing, you might be better off just buying a new radio that already has an auxillary port.
Good luck![/QUOTE]

I would love to do that but the vehicle I want to do it in is a company car, so thats a no go on that.

Good luck finding something, I have had NO luck with that situation, and just bought a new stereo with an aux port.

Aux jacks in car stereos should be mandatory at this point.

I bought a cheap Belkin one for like $15 at Walmart and it works good as long as the batteries have juice, once the batteries begin to die you'll lose all reception. The key is to crank up the volume on your iPod/Zune/etc to get the best signal.

[quote name='hufferstl']

Aux jacks in car stereos should be mandatory at this point.[/quote]

QFT FM transmitters are ok I had a belkin one for awhile but glad my new stereo has an aux port.

bread's done
Back