Looking for a consistant place to purchase DragonBall DVDs

reibeatall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Not Dragonball Z, mind you, but the original DragonBall. I've searched Amazon, and some of them are coming up to be like $120, which is ridiculous. Is there any website that has these up there?

Yeah, I know they're out of Print, but you guys can find anything.

I know what you mean, I'm kicking myself for not buying them when they were in print, at $20-$30 a piece on ZStore. :cry: The Tournament Saga will sometimes go for $200+

The only place I've been able to find these in-store without having to pay a bunch was at places that sell used DVDs. I got about half the series at a local Hastings.

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']I know what you mean, I'm kicking myself for not buying them when they were in print, at $20-$30 a piece on ZStore. :cry: The Tournament Saga will sometimes go for $200+[/quote]

holy shit. i got the complete dragonball dvd series, why are they so rare? where can i sell them?

Outside of eBay or buying from used video stores, you really only have three avenues.

On one hand, you can buy the recently released "Singles" from the Japanese Dragon Box. Unfortunately, these discs are Japanese only, and have absolutely no subtitles.

What you'll probably find more suitable to your needs, however, are the official Madman Entertainment releases from Australia. These sets are exactly the same as the English releases, except you can actually get the "Uncut" version of the first 13 episodes, while, in the US, you can only get a heavily edited version of those episodes. They also have two boxsets that collect all the individual volumes.

Boxset One:
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=7138&method=view
Boxset Two:
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=7139&method=view

Unfortunately, these are PAL and Region 4, so make sure you can actually play these discs before you hypothetically order them.

And, finally, one could assume that FUNimation will eventually release the series in their current boxsets. Unfortunately, these could be cropped in widescreen like the current DBZ sets (though, it's looking as though the "Remastered" GT boxsets will be left in the original aspect ratio). You could just wait for those, though, that may never happen.

So, yeah... I hope I was able to help you in someway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is the first time ever replying to a forum. Anyways if you wait just a bit they will be coming out with the uncut box sets like they are with DBZ.

[quote name='alucardknight']Well this is the first time ever replying to a forum. Anyways if you wait just a bit they will be coming out with the uncut box sets like they are with DBZ.[/quote]

I hope Funi will do after they finish releasing DGZ uncut boxes

They will probably finish DBGT then go back possibly. But there's another good 9-12 months of the DBZ releases to wait for. So it's going to be a while either way.

bread's done
Back