Looking for a custom PC...

if you browse reddit at all. they have a subreddit for building pcs. Users post their builds, help others with getting the best bang for the buck.

reddit.com/r/buildapc

its worth checking out, they helped me make fine tune my rig.
whats your budget? i could wipe something up.

I reccomend posting a thread on www.hardforum.com under the general hardware section (and make sure you read the build help sticky) to get the best suggestions for what parts to buy, and newegg + amazon for ordering (and possibly tiger direct, if they have anything you need cheaper. I bought my case from tiger direct). I wouldn't get a pre-built, you're not going to get the best parts that way, and you'll be paying more.

[quote name='sunghost']I reccomend posting a thread on www.hardforum.com under the general hardware section (and make sure you read the build help sticky) to get the best suggestions for what parts to buy, and newegg + amazon for ordering (and possibly tiger direct, if they have anything you need cheaper. I bought my case from tiger direct). I wouldn't get a pre-built, you're not going to get the best parts that way, and you'll be paying more.[/QUOTE]

This. The community is awesome and really in-depth about getting the most for your buck.

I bought mine from XoticPC. They have pretty good prices, some free upgrades, and you'll have a good experience with them.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I flip between Newegg and Tigerdirect, both have good deals some better than others. I built my computer from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Tigerdirect has horrid shipping...I used them back when I was in High School because my teacher had a 25% discount with them. Newegg is the best bet.

What kind of PC are you looking for? That's the first place to start. Are you looking for a custom built basic one, or are you going for a gaming computer?

[quote name='Cmw7290']Tigerdirect has horrid shipping...I used them back when I was in High School because my teacher had a 25% discount with them. Newegg is the best bet.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that still applies. I've never had issues with shipping from tiger direct, they're about as fast as newegg for me. I've even had to issue an RMA with them before and didn't have any problems. If anything, amazon's free shipping has been a lot slower than tigerdirect and newegg's lately, in my case, takes them 2-5 days just to process an order while newegg and tigerdirect ship the same day or next day if you order at the right time..

I would still order from newegg or amazon over tigerdirect though, as they have better customer service.

[quote name='mastagoalie']www.microcenter.com is also a good idea. I spent like 2000 on the pc I built. The only thing I need to upgrade is my video card later this year but that is just an ever changing thing that becomes outdated so quick[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot about microcenter. They're fantastic if you've got one near you locally, I've heard they have some great combo deals, such as buying a motherboard + CPU together getting you a nice discount. I personally don't have any near me which sucks, otherwise I would've bought from them. They're the best place to buy from for combo deals if you're building a PC.

bread's done
Back