Looking for a deal/advice on 19" LCD TV

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!
I am looking for a 19" LCD TV, could be bigger if there's a deal. I am trying to keep the price range around $200. It is for a gift, so I was planning to buy at B&M. I also need to pick it up before Monday. I honestly don't know much about Tv specs. I was hoping some of the CAGs could help me make a choice or at least give help me find out what I need to look for. Any advice helps. Thanks.

if you are looking for quality, then you should grab a Samsung, Sony, or Sharp Aquos.
However, be ready to pay a bit more for these brands.

The sharp Aquos will probably be the cheapest reliable brand tv you may find.

As far as Toshiba/Mitsubishi (not sure which one was) goes, i heard they were beginning to be good but just to be on the safe side, go with the ones i told you up there.

A 19inch or 22inch will definitely cost you around..300 dollars. (Note: i bought my for 1000 a 46inch samsung. i was not in the market for a small hdtv so i wouldnt know the price. sorry)
so start searching for these brands and see what you can get. You may actually go for a 26 or a 32 by adding a few 50 dollars depending on the price. compare and contrast them

As i said, you can go with brand-quality name or the other cheap type of hdtv like vizio and sylvannia, etc.
Make sure is 720p. you can notice the difference of 1080p on 46inches and above. most brands out there tend to give you 1080p for these small tv but there is really no difference on the small screen but you will be paying more.

So yes, go young grasshopper!
Go and jump around the green grass and come back with your findings and lets us help you when you narrow something down.

Last edited by a moderator:
well
you may be on "luck"

i recently bought a Samsung 32 inch for my uncle for 375 dollars.
If you think you are happy by adding a few inches more and a few dollars, then you can buy it off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32B...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265508386&sr=8-1

Samsung LN32B360
Technically its a "Series 3"(i think Samsung has released up to Series 8 so far) but its also a B. Meaning that B is superior to A. A's were the first tv to be released. You can say this TV is pretty modern by lookin at the specs. It may lack internet connectivity and usb connection (useless, depending on the person) but it does the job. The tv is 32 inches and its lcd and not LED [expensive :bomb:].
just colorized the name to give you an idea on how to search for samsungs.

Hopefully you can have a small idea and find the tv you are looking for

enjoy. i can take back what i said about them being 350. There may be hope for you to find a small brand tv for 200 dollarish.

@cRodz Thanks for the advice on what I need to look for. I personally have had the Tv from your link(sold it to a friend before I moved) If I had the extra money I would pick that Tv up for me:cool:. Like I said though since I am buying it as a gift, I think I will probably stick with the cheaper brands. It is going to go in his bedroom. He will be sitting approx 10 feet is his furthest wall, so closer than that. A window is directly behind him, would I have to worry about glare or anything on the screen.

I went to costco today to just take a look at what they had. I saw this one in store, it had a bright vibrant picture. Can anyone tell me the Pros/Cons of that tv?

I saw that deal online before I went to Costco. They didn't have them in store though. It doesn't say online only anywhere I could see tho.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I might have to check my other costco in that case.[/QUOTE]

give them a call, save some gas.

definitely call. If they don't have them buy the vizio. You can give that and also say that if you want the 25" instead and don't mind the wait that you will take the viz back and order the other. I was going to recommend the 22" vizio for just over 200 before I saw your link. Not that it matters but they have a 1080p 22" which would only matter if it was used as a monitor as well.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I went to costco today to just take a look at what they had. I saw this one in store, it had a bright vibrant picture. Can anyone tell me the Pros/Cons of that tv?[/QUOTE]

I saw this TV in a clients home of mine (I work around TVs everyday). This one was sitting on a kitchen counter with a HD cable box hooked up, and the picture looked absolutely fantastic. Not to mention, the TV was extremely sleek! The only down side were the finger smudges that were put on the screen from the touch screen controls.

Does it really need to be a TV? I picked up a 23 inch full 1080p ASUS monitor for about 150$ via Newegg, after a rebate. It's got HD, speakers (crappy ones, so I just use a cheap 2.1 setup) HDMI, VGA and DVI input. Basically, you can run DVD/Blu-Ray and any current generation video gaming for half the price of a 19inch tv. The only thing that is missing is a TV tuner, however you can buy those separately (and relatively cheaply).

That's my recommendation. Also of note: Most smaller flat screen TVs only have 720p HD, whereas HD monitors of all size run at full 1080p HD.

@runscottie I was planning on a TV because I don't know how he plans on connecting this TV. So I wanted to make sure he had the Coax if he needs it.

Well I called a couple of the local Costcos in the area none of them had the 25". So I decided to go back to the costco with my wife and look over the TV I showed you yesterday. We stood there awhile and I really just liked the picture on the Vizio. My wife and I talked about it and she somehow decided that we should get the 23". It was more than we wanted to spend but she thinks the other one was just too small. Thanks for all the advice, and RMB you have a point I think I will make sure he knows if he can wait I would get him the other one if he wants a bigger one. Thanks again everyone for the help.

-Luhkee

bread's done
Back