Looking for a deal on 24 Seasons 2-5

Optical

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got into 24 this week after my friend showed me some episodes. I bought Season 1 last night and now am looking for seasons 2-5 for less than the $50 that most places are selling it for.

I just heard that Best Buy had a sale during Christmas where each was $20. Any idea if that will happen again? Anyone know where I can get them for less than $30-35??

Target's having a sale on season 1 for $18 starting on the 21st. Might be worth waiting to see if any of the others are included.

Dang!! I cant wait that long. I am about done with season 1 and dont want to stop!! AHH!!! Im addicted!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. If you find anything else out about the other seasons please post it here.

Thanks!

[quote name='o_O']Target's having a sale on season 1 for $18 starting on the 21st. Might be worth waiting to see if any of the others are included.[/quote]

Exactly what I was just about to say.

Fry's often has all of the seasons on Sale for $24.99 each, however you would have to wait week by week and check the ads for the sale prices.

You could find an EB/Gamestop with used copies in stock, they go for $29.99 each I believe.

Good luck on finding deals for this great show.

I say sign up for netflix and get it through them for now. Then wait for the next big sale to get the seasons for your collection.

On black friday I scored seasons 1-4 for my parents for about 15 bones each from Target. They tend to do deals like that every black friday.

Good luck though.

Go Barnes and Noble instore, all TV boxsets are buy one get one free.

If the said boxset you want isn't available instore, go to the cashier and ask them to do a ship to home, you will still get the B1G1 instore.

combine with a 10% BN membership and I think there is a 25% coupon floating around too

Yeah, you picked a pretty bad time to get addicted. These were 19.99 each at Best Buy just two weeks ago. And if you purchased them with the prior knowledge of the sale, you could have benefitted from the 10% price match guarantee and purchased them for about 17.00 each.

I'd wait until they go on sale again (they inevitably do).

yeah, watch season 1. You don't need them all right now. I was lucky enough to purchase them all for 19.99 each two weeks ago. It takes a while to watch a whole season if you don't have a lot of time on your hands so just buy them as you watch them.

yeah, watch season 1. You don't need them all right now. I was lucky enough to purchase them all for 19.99 each two weeks ago. It takes a while to watch a whole season if you don't have a lot of time on your hands so just buy them as you watch them.

Im almost 3/4 done with season 2 (borrowed from friend). Im trying to catch up as fast as I can playing the show at 1.5x to speed it up a bit. LOL

Well, I already have season 1 and if Target is selling 1-5 for $17.99 on Sunday, I will probably just get them there. Can anyone confirm it is all the seasons and not just season 1?

[quote name='Optical']Im almost 3/4 done with season 2 (borrowed from friend). Im trying to catch up as fast as I can playing the show at 1.5x to speed it up a bit. LOL[/QUOTE]

Don't bother at 1.5x, just enjoy the shows--they should be sampled like fine wine, not RUSHED THROUGH at double-speed just so you can be up to date for this season! If you've only seen the first or second season you're fine. Watch this season as it airs, and watch the others when you can.

Seriously, you're depriving yourself of some great fun if you're just trying to get through them just for the sake of, well, getting through them!

Yeah you should really take your time going through each season, even though it's extremely hard to have the discipline to. I would recommend not watching the new season at all and going through in order so you don't spoil anything for yourself. I would kill to be in your position being totally oblivious to everything that happened to enjoy all the seasons for the first time again. You will regret it if you watch the new season and have a lot of stuff spoiled for you in the great, older seasons. Trust me.

Hi guys,

Just got back from Costco and they had all seasons of 24 for $16.99 each. Also had all seasons of Angel, Buffy and first three of Smallville for the same price.

[quote name='telemundus']Yeah you should really take your time going through each season, even though it's extremely hard to have the discipline to. I would recommend not watching the new season at all and going through in order so you don't spoil anything for yourself. I would kill to be in your position being totally oblivious to everything that happened to enjoy all the seasons for the first time again. You will regret it if you watch the new season and have a lot of stuff spoiled for you in the great, older seasons. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

while i agree they should be watched in order.. i really think the new season is highly removed from the first 3 seasons that it should be ok to switch back and forth.. I haven't watched seasons 4-5 and i can enjoy them (even though there are some obvious things spoiled) but i appreciate the Romeo and Juliet style of going back and seeing them (where you know whats going to happen) makes you appreciate some of the episodes more in my opinion.. at least for me

[quote name='gwing00']Hi guys,

Just got back from Costco and they had all seasons of 24 for $16.99 each. Also had all seasons of Angel, Buffy and first three of Smallville for the same price.[/quote]
does that include season 5?

[quote name='Optical']Is it a mail in coupon or instant?[/quote]
Instant $10 off of Fox/MGM TV on DVD Assortment. It came in a recent Costco coupon booklet. Valid from Jan 8-28. No item limit per coupon.

Dunno if it was mentioned, but I saw season 5 at Costco for like $37.99. Not an awesome deal, but better than $50.

[quote name='jackul']Instant $10 off of Fox/MGM TV on DVD Assortment. It came in a recent Costco coupon booklet. Valid from Jan 8-28. No item limit per coupon.[/QUOTE]

Were these coupons in the passport? I didn't receive mine this year.

Also, if you find a good deal on 24 jump on it as it seems like they jump back to $40-$50 a piece and sit there for a while. I got 1-4 at Target before Christmas for like $16 each. Then I picked up 5 at BestBuy for $20.

Wait until next Black Friday and they should be $16 each season at Target.

I bought 1-4 for $16 each and then a couple weeks later I got season 5 with the exclusive Target bonus dvd for $24.

I think the last 2-3 Black Fridays they have been on sale.

Sorry, but im not going to wait another 10 months until next black friday to get seasons 2-5. Anyone know about the Target ad?

[quote name='hotwls13']Were these coupons in the passport? I didn't receive mine this year.[/quote]
It wasn't in the Passport (aka the "Wallet" this time around). It came in a thinner coupon book and was mailed like the Passport/Wallet. It's a separate book with coupons displayed horizontally instead of vertically like the P/W.

I don't know. It says on the back, "Coupon valid at all U.S. Costco warehouses. Selection and pricing may vary."

As we are getting close to Sunday, has anyone had any confirmation that all the seasons of 24 will be on sale this week?

I called a local target, they said that Season 5 was 35 dollars, plus i will be using the 10% off coupon from the 24 Season 6 Premiere disc, so 25 dollars ain't bad.

bread's done
Back