Looking for a DSi XL deal

kkrraagg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone know of any good pre-order deals for this? I couldn't find anything on the site. I'm still using the original old DS, and figured it's finally time to upgrade.

[quote name='kkrraagg']Does anyone know of any good pre-order deals for this? I couldn't find anything on the site. I'm still using the original old DS, and figured it's finally time to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Best I was able to find was $190, no tax and free shipping from Amazon. I, too, was hoping someone would have some type of bonus for pre-ordering, but haven't seen one yet.

Odd, only 8 days away and no body is doing any sale/bundle/bonus etc...

I really want one, but I guess with my dsl and dsi, I will skip XL's launch and wait for a deal.

Comeon retailers, I want to spend money on it, give me a reason!

I reallllllly hope this is the last damn revision they make on the DS.

I'm actually interested in this one, because a larger screen is definitely worth it to my bad eyes.

I still have my original DS model Mario Kart edition...I skipped over the others. I think I can hold out until a nice deal/bundle comes along on this one.

The only place I could find offering any sort of bonus so far was Walmart. You can get a "fancy" free carrying case. I still think Amazon is the best deal.

Has anyone done any research on how much pixelation there is due to playing older DS games on the larger screens? I saw a side by side comparison of Mario Kart and it looked pretty good, but I couldn't really find any other info on it.

[quote name='wasabi5858']comeon, just like our shirt sizes continue to grow, so will DS version!

/looking forward to DSi XXXL, the size of a laptop![/QUOTE]

Lol.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'm going to wait until there's a deal, and the system comes in some colors that don't suck.[/QUOTE]

Possibly agreed with waiting for a deal, but I don't know about your second comment, that brown is pretty classy.

[quote name='ccockerill']Possibly agreed with waiting for a deal, but I don't know about your second comment, that brown is pretty classy.[/QUOTE]

Classier than a simple black? Or a silver, perhaps?

I wonder which marketing folks pick the launch colors, whats wrong with black and ivory white for starters? I will settle for the maroon color since my daughter wants it.

I'm one of those suckers that buys ever handheld revision; so I'll be buying this for sure...however I'm going to buy it when other colors come out or a bundle. I have DSL and DSi in black so I don't want that color. I also have a black PSP1000, Blue 2000, silver 3000 and black Go...yeah, I know I'm a sucker.

I also have a Ds lite and DSi, but I think I'll wait until more colors are announced before I pick this up. I always hate myself for not waiting everytime I buy a newer version. They should release a purple ds next, that would be an instant buy for me.

hehe, good to see bunch of ppl who have a lot of handheld.

I have a ds lite crimson, a pokemon ds lite (still in box) and a black dsi.
for psp, I have a black 2000, a gundam vs. gundam limited edition psp 3000 (the one I use most often) and a sealed Final Fantasy 20th anniversary Dissidia PSP.

Definitely getting a DSi XL with a good bundle/nice color/special edition.
PSPgo? heh... Drop to $130 and it will be mine.

The color I most want is white. I am kicking myself for trading a brand new white to my sister in law for her crimson because at that time, I thought that was cooler and it was harder to find...

sigh...

definitely waiting on a good deal for this one i got my dsl and i really want a dsi xl but the price tag just isn't working for me hopefully they can throw in some stuff and i can pick it up with pokemon

I wish XL played GBA stuff too, Wiiware stuff is laughable, so much potential to put their classics there from snes days and they keep releasing clocks and calendars you have to pay for...

blah, just bought a XL Bronze.

Was looking at $30 promotional credit and nothing really to buy...

XL looks good tho, the larger aspect will make playing it at home much easier on my hands/eyes so I am still happy.

I really doubt there will be any deals on these until at least a month or two after they release. I got two paid off already and can't wait to start playing ds games on the larger screen.

[quote name='wasabi5858']blah, just bought a XL Bronze.

Was looking at $30 promotional credit and nothing really to buy...

XL looks good tho, the larger aspect will make playing it at home much easier on my hands/eyes so I am still happy.[/QUOTE]

Please direct me too where you got it early. I'm in LA as well. Thansk

[quote name='moop2001']Please direct me too where you got it early. I'm in LA as well. Thansk[/QUOTE]

oops, sorry. I guess I didn't just bought it... should be I just pre-ordered it. I just consider everything I pre-ordered purchased already :p

[quote name='wasabi5858']oops, sorry. I guess I didn't just bought it... should be I just pre-ordered it. I just consider everything I pre-ordered purchased already :p[/QUOTE]

damn was so excited oh well only 2 more days

[quote name='donut']any stores have these out on display yet? would like to see the bronze color[/QUOTE]

The images deceive my eyes as well. It might look good under studio lighting but in real life... ... ... >.>

[quote name='donut']any stores have these out on display yet? would like to see the bronze color[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop near me has one on display beside the DSi for comparison. I'm not sure if they're doing this everywhere or not, but may want to check a store out near you?

fuck gamestop for not being open at 9 as advertised and then not having any to sell except for pre-orders. Bestbuy had enough to sell shitheads.

I'm probably going to wait, maybe find it in one of the local used stores. I just wish I could transfer some of the DSiWare crap I have to it. Not buying that stuff a second time.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']I wish XL played GBA stuff too, Wiiware stuff is laughable, so much potential to put their classics there from snes days and they keep releasing clocks and calendars you have to pay for...[/QUOTE]
At least there's Shantae to look forward to. That's one of the main reasons I want a DSi XL.

[quote name='nbballard']TRU has a free memory card deal this week. I think it's 4 gig.[/QUOTE]
TRU's deal is half off an SD card. And unfortunately the card's overpriced.

The Toys R Us' and Walmart's bundle deals last week were pretty weak -- barely beating out Amazon's perks.

I'm succumbing to the idea that our first *real* DS XL deal will coincide with E3 when the 3DS is announced.

Unless 3DS has TV-out or a bigger screen than DS XL, I'm still in the market for one! To most people, they're probably considered competing products, but not to me.

bread's done
Back