Looking for a good laser mouse....

I've got a Logitech MX1000 and it's great, although they don't make them anymore so you'd have to go on eBay or something for that model. The G5 you linked is comparable, except it's corded and has a removable weight. The MX Revolution is the successor to the MX1000, but it's a little pricey and I don't know how good the new scroll wheels are for gaming.

I have the same mouse as in your second link (the G5) and I love it. It tracks very well and has a good feel to it. The adjustable weight and dpi haven't been useful for me but its still solid all around.

Do NOT get the MX Revolution. It has terrible tracking (I had it before and sold it to get this mouse). It was unbearable, and even my friends who only used it for a few minutes noticed how it lost tracking a few times every minute.

It depends on whether you are a logitech peripheral hater or not. If you're indifferent, I think the Deathadder is much more comfortable than any logitech mouse anyway.

I used to use a G5, but right now I actually use a VX revolution. It's a smaller mouse made for laptops, but I find it a bit more intuitive for games due to the small size. Took a while to get used to the side buttons though.

It should be that expensive now with the VX Nano or whatever it's called being out. I picked mine up for $35 a few months ago.

I'm with the G5 again... although you should just read the other post for my thoughts on it! Some people also swear by Razor mice. From what I've heard people say about the Razor mice it seems like they are the kind of people that play controlling the mouse more with their fingers than the palm of their hand. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but if it is then it may come down to your play style.

I use the razor deathadder and it's by far the most comfortable mouse I've ever used and owned (I've had nothing but logitech pieces in the past). It's such a great mouse and if you go to buy.com and use google checkout, you can get it for about $38.

bread's done
Back