Looking for a good Printer (All-in-One)

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Professor+Snugglesworth

September 7 QuoteEditReportAwesome
For what must be up to ten years now, I've been using this Lexmark All-in-One Printer as my primary printing device for my PC: http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/x6170-all-in-one/4505-3181_7-21225886.html

It's also, frankly, a piece of crap that continues to unnerve me. The reasons being....

1. It's huge and clunky: I can't even fit it in my new desk.

2. I have to turn it off and on again whenever I'm printing multiple documents in succession.

3. And the biggest offender of all: constant, constant paper jams. If the alignment of the paper is even a little off, the fucking thing gets stuck and wastes good ink every time. Today I wasted at least six pages because of this.

So I think it's about time to trade up. Problem is I know nothing of today's printers, so I could use your help for something both reliable and (especially and) affordable.

I don't require perfect quality or such, since I mostly only use it to print out EBay labels. That said, I would prefer a printer that met most of the following criteria:

1. Is compact

2. Can scan, copy, and fax (last one isn't really needed, but I have found myself requiring to fax more often than I care to admit; if the price difference is big enough, though, I can easily do without it)

3. Cheap and/or long-lasting ink.

Opinions are welcome.

I've had several printers over the years, and will NEVER buy another Lexmark. My first one came free with my first PC, a Dell (DUDE! I got a DELL!). Out of the box it didnt work, the computer wouldnt recognize it most of the time, and when it did it'd print only part of the document. Lexmark's customer service informed me my cable was bad. So I went out and bought a new one. Same problem. I called customer service and they said that the problem was that I didnt buy the 24 karat gold plated cables. Bought those and had the same problem. This time customer service told me the problem was clearly my PC, and I'd have to have it fixed. No thanks. I bought a cheap HP for like $70 at the time, and it lasted me like 6 years.

I finally replaced my HP for an even-cheaper All-in-one HP from Wal Mart because it was actually cheaper to do that than to buy replacement ink for my old one. I've used this one for like 3-4 years now, with no problems except Win7/Vista combo doesnt like printer sharing. But I think thats a Windows problem, not my printer.

So my advise is just get a cheap HP Deskjet. I'd look for the one with the cheapest ink carts you can find though.

bread's done
Back