Looking for a great FM Transmitter for iPod

DJSteel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm in the market for an iPod FM Transmitter. I have a 2002 Mazda Protege. Only problem is that I have no Aux Input on my radio and I want to listen to the iPod in my car with any major wiring (which after talking to Circuit City) they would have to do.

I'd like to find one that will also work with the Shuffle and the Classic if possible. If not then so be it. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

I have a Sonic Impact. I got it on clearance at Target and it works alright. I notice it can get a weaker signal depending on where I am since my radio dial is pretty filled up, even at that end of the spectrum. It plugs into the headphone out, though you might be looking for something that plugs into the docking port. I've heard good things about Griffin (I just bought a BlueTrip, which works great, but isn't easily suited to car use).

I can't really vouch for the quality of these but I did purchase one myself (still waiting for it)

check out

dealextreme.com

I would go with a deal extreme one, or try and find one manufactured pre-2005, as there were adaptations to FCC standards that weakened the signal strength put out by commercially produced devices. However, if you do get your hands on one of these, make sure it's being operated within FCC guidelines. :)

Finding anything pre-2005 is a very good recommendation. From my experience, the new ones are almost useless.

Today's midnightbox.com is a Griffin 9501-TRIPCBL iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod for $22.95, shipped.

Interesting about the pre-2005 signal strength. I wonder if there's a way to boost the signal or hack it in some way?

You might not have an aux/headphone sized input, but do you have a CD changer port on the back of your stereo? That's what I ended up going through on mine, and it's digital that way.

bread's done
Back