Looking for a moving truck on the cheap.

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Does anyone know who has the best deal on a moving truck? I've always used U-haul and they've never done me wrong, but I just wanted to see if you guys knew of anything better.

Depends, most of them require deposits before you drive them. The cheapest I've seen is $19.99 for a day, plus a $100 deposit(which you'd get back after returning it).

cross town or cross country? I have a cross country move coming in a few months. If you are moving to switch jobs you can claim moving expenses on your income taxes. Dont move anywhere long distance without a job lined up. Im expecting a $3K moving cost, sucks

[quote name='repetske']Does anyone know who has the best deal on a moving truck? I've always used U-haul and they've never done me wrong, but I just wanted to see if you guys knew of anything better.[/QUOTE]

I too am moving from Fort Wayne, IN to Corpus Christi, TX(just outside it....in Taft) and I was in the same predicament

For a one way move, I found that Penske had the best rates....they also offered unlimited miles and a bunch of other stuff........

Just to let you know the other prices:

Budget wanted $2600+
U-haul wanted $1800+
Penske came in with a bargain of $1113
(these were all for the smallest trucks 10'-12')

But then Penske totally blew me away with this..........not only did I get 10% off for ordering online(not sure if the other guys offered an online discount), BUT

The next truck up (the 16') WAS THE EXACT SAME PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus the 2 next sizes were only like $1300+(again the 3rd and fourth sizes EXACT SAME PRICE)(plus the 10% off).........

I know this sounds like an ad for them but I serious was frigtened by Budget when I asked them for their smallest truck price( I guess Ryder sold Budget their one way(crosscountry) division about 7 years ago)(thats what the guy at Ryder told me)........

Hope this helps out...and good luck with your move!

My move is only about 60 miles. Just moving from Atlanta to Athens. I'll look into Penske and see if I have any near me. Sounds like a good deal.

bread's done
Back