Looking for a pic or info on the PSP USB port.

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a pic of the PSP USB port or info on what kind of cable it requires. Is it like a Digi Cam cord or is it some new thing sony's gonna make us buy?
-G

psp_4.jpg

Thanks for the pic. That is not the style I was thinking it was. I was thinking it would be one of the small round style plugs. Guess I gotta buy a new cable.:p
-G

Are you sure about that:

psp.jpg

Mind you this is the same USB type used by most electronic devices, especially Sony digital cameras.

Aw Hell!!! :p

You're right. Thanks for the close up. Looks like lik-sang is selling the wrong thing. Or has pics of the wrong thing. Too bad my wife's old Sony Camera uses the round style too. Grrr... Guess I'll have to get one seperately. Thanks again!
-G

[quote name='2poor']isnt that the one that usually comes wiht mp3 players?[/quote]

Yeah, same one on my Creative Zen Xtra and Sony DSC camera.

[quote name='simplygriff']Aw Hell!!! :p

You're right. Thanks for the close up. Looks like lik-sang is selling the wrong thing. Or has pics of the wrong thing. Too bad my wife's old Sony Camera uses the round style too. Grrr... Guess I'll have to get one seperately. Thanks again!
-G[/quote]

I believe a USB cable will be included with the PSP. When you plug it into a PC it acts as a Memory Stick card reader. An inserted Memory Stick appears on the PC as a drive.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='simplygriff']Aw Hell!!! :p

-G[/quote]

I believe a USB cable will be included with the PSP. When you plug it into a PC it acts as a Memory Stick card reader. An inserted Memory Stick appears on the PC as a drive.[/quote]

If it does, noone is claiming it. From Ebgames site:

Sony PSP system which includes: ($249.99)
PSP Hardware
32 MB Memory Stick Duo
Headphones with remote control
Battery pack
AC adaptor
Soft case and cleaning cloth
Movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc including multiple non-interactive game demo
And for the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped, a special UMD video release of the feature film Spider-Man 2 from Sony Pictures Entertainment.

No Mention of a USB cable unfortunately.
-G

bread's done
Back