Looking for a PSP 2000 or 3000 (and Housings)

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey folks, so I've recently become interested in purchasing a PSP 2000/3000. I originally thought I'd hold out for the NGP, but that was back when people were speculating it also acting as a cell phone. Now that's been shot to hell, so I just want something that'll support UMDs and I could use a little help.

I've checked local pawn shop the past week and I was able to find a few 2000/3000s for 80.00 USD, but they all came with just the unit itself -- without memory cards, chargers, and any other extras.

I'm getting owned on eBay. And my local craigslist has been useless.

So, yeah, I'm finally considering just buying one at retail. Course, I have a minor preference towards the PSP 2000 over the 3000. Not since it's hackable, I don't bother with that nonsense, but because of the special edition PSP Housings that I can put on it instead. But 3000 is fine too.

I you guys know of any deals, I'd appreciate it. Same for the Housings. Right now I'm just looking at the Monster Hunter SE 2000 housings on eBay for around 20USD. But I'm open to anything really.

I'm interested of course, but I'd rather wait and see if anybody knows of some deals towards them before I commit to buying one from another member.

IF you have Ultimate Electronics, they are closing all stores...
Saw 2 3000 bundles today 20% off, about $120

You can buy all kinds of different housings at www.dealextreme.com. They ship from China so it takes up to 3 weeks to arrive, but everything is dirt cheap and shipping is free. I buy extra earbuds for exercising and various accessory type stuff from there every now and then, and they accept PayPal so it's safe. Just keep in mind, the stuff is cheap for a reason, so I wouldn't order any of their more expensive products.

I am also looking for a PSP, 1000 or 2000, but the stores around me don't really have good deals, ranging from $100-$150 (for the special colored ones). Craigslist is useless as well, since it's just scams.

Hm, there are two Ultimate Electronics stores in my area. I'll definitely check them out next week if my luck with the 2000 is still poor.

And thanks for the link blindinglights. They seem to be more geared to the 1000 model, but that's a great site for accessories. Have you purchased one of the memory cards from there previously? I'm considering picking up that +16GB for 24dollars.

I mean.. it's 16GB for 24dollars.

Don't replace the housings. It's a bitch to do without screwing something up. Also, the replacement housings are cheaply made, will scratch super easily and sometimes the color itself rubs off.

bread's done
Back