Looking for a retractable stylus for the ds fatty.

DT778

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Need a new stylus and since they cost like $5-6 for a pair of replacements I might as well do myself a favor and get a retractable one. So any recommendations on a retractable stylus for a fatty?

I didn't know they made retractable styli for the DS Phat. I have one for my new (used) DS Lite and I love it. (The Special Edition Castlevania stylus) If you can't find a retractable DS Phat stylus go for a PDA stylus or try to find one of those pens that has about 3 color inks and a stylus tip.

thanks guys for the replies. taht one from amazon looks good, hopefully someone who has it could comment on it.

I had a Japanese one in a two pack made by MoriToys (officially licensed in Japan) with metallic housing. I found it to be better than the Hori one (flimsy plastic) and better than the stock DS one. I think Play Asia might still carry them.

I have the hori extendable stylus- I believe it came in a pack of two for ten dollars.

Great stylus, pretty much identical to the original DS stylus, but extendable. Very nice. Couldn't play without it!

I just ordered one of these yesterday, after reading this thread. I have big hands, so I'm hoping it'll make playing my DS a bit more enjoyable. Whenever it comes in, I'll try to remember to come back here and post my thoughts on it. Mine came out to be $5.77 shipped.

Well my family had to send me a package so I told them to send me the extra stylus in the box so I don't need one anymore. Thanks again guys and darkwing please remember to post your thoughts on it.

It came in yesterday, and it is sweet indeed. I know most of you guys have the newer DS Lite, but if any of you are still rockin' the old-style DS (like me), I think this is a most worthy upgrade. Made a huge difference to me while playing Hotel Dusk...just felt way more comfortable.

Did I mention the dang thing is only $0.72? Seriously, if you're interested, order one or two now before they disappear. It fits perfectly into the stylus slot in my DS, and locks into place just like the original one. When you pull it out to its full length, it stays in place without problems. I'm super-pleased with it. It feels solid, and while it's not as heavy as some of the ones you'll see for PDAs (which I assume are solid metal...this one is hollow inside), it's still heavier than the normal DS stylus. Not heavy enough to make it a negative aspect, mind you...just heavy enough to make it feel durable and more substantial than the little plastic one.

When I extend the stylus, it's long enough for me to hold it in such a way that it gets braced against my hand like a pen or pencil...the old one was way too short for that.

Sorry that this is kinda fragmented...it's early, and I have to get to work soon. Just wanted to post that I got the stylus and it's well worth the price! :)

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I just ordered one of these yesterday, after reading this thread. I have big hands, so I'm hoping it'll make playing my DS a bit more enjoyable. Whenever it comes in, I'll try to remember to come back here and post my thoughts on it. Mine came out to be $5.77 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Sorry this is off topic...someone mentioned big hands:

I use the DS Lite Swing-Grip Case w/Stylus Extender made by Naki (EB Games site: just plug in the name and search if it doesn't direct you)
It makes a HUGE difference in game play feel, similar to holding a console controller. It has two adjustments and is good for even the biggest of hands.
Holding the DS Lite will be easier and your hands don't get cramped up. It's also great for medium sized hands.

DS Lite Charger Grip made by Nyko (GameStop site: just plug in the name and search if it doesn't direct you) Some CAGS have bought this and praise it.

Nintendo DS Gamer ActionGrip This one is for the Phatty. Never had a DS Phat, so I'm not sure how much more grip you would need.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']It came in yesterday, and it is sweet indeed. I know most of you guys have the newer DS Lite, but if any of you are still rockin' the old-style DS (like me), I think this is a most worthy upgrade. Made a huge difference to me while playing Hotel Dusk...just felt way more comfortable.

Did I mention the dang thing is only $0.72? Seriously, if you're interested, order one or two now before they disappear. It fits perfectly into the stylus slot in my DS, and locks into place just like the original one. When you pull it out to its full length, it stays in place without problems. I'm super-pleased with it. It feels solid, and while it's not as heavy as some of the ones you'll see for PDAs (which I assume are solid metal...this one is hollow inside), it's still heavier than the normal DS stylus. Not heavy enough to make it a negative aspect, mind you...just heavy enough to make it feel durable and more substantial than the little plastic one.

When I extend the stylus, it's long enough for me to hold it in such a way that it gets braced against my hand like a pen or pencil...the old one was way too short for that.

Sorry that this is kinda fragmented...it's early, and I have to get to work soon. Just wanted to post that I got the stylus and it's well worth the price! :)[/quote]

It's too bad they don't have one for the DS Lite. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Instead, I picked up an import of the Hori extendable Lite stylus which was available at my local Fry's for $5. It works great but I always kind of wonder how the weight of a metal stylus might improve things further.

[quote name='MSA']Aluminum Retractable Metal PDA Replacement) Stylus for NINTENDO DS (NDS) w/ Black Tip ..........maybe some members can comment on this one.

just some help and a freebie bump.[/quote]

I just got mine today and it is awesome. It's longer than other retractable stylus's that I've bought, feels sturdy, and actually fits in my DS better than the Nintendo ones do. It is a must have for games like Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk. Too bad it's not sold directly through amazon, though, because you'll have to play 5 dollars shipping.

bread's done
Back