Looking for a site that sells uncommon and out of print Japanese language manga

Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
177 (100%)
Does anyone know of a site that sells uncommon Japanese language manga and ships to the United States? I know there's Amazon Japan, but the 3rd party sellers there won't ship to the US. I've checked eBay, but there are mostly popular titles there. I'd rather not use a shopping service due to all the extra fees. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, otokichi.com (they have an english-language section) only sells CDs and games, but I've ordered from them and they're great. They also have a middle-man service, where you can order stuff on amazon.co.jp or wherever through them. sasugabooks.com has some stuff too. I believe I ordered from them once years ago. They go to cons a lot. Apparently you can buy things on en.rakuten.co.jp now, too, but they're hard to search through in English. If you can visit nyc, you can go to book-off and find stuff for a couple of bucks. HIGHLY recommended, I find stuff there all the time and it's usually in great condition. Maybe you could ask someone if you can give them a laundry list of manga to search for. I'd offer to do it but I won't be here for a couple of months... Oh, kinokuniya has stores that sell new stuff, too.

Just out of curiosity, what manga are you looking for?

You can try sasugabooks.com

If they don't have it in their inventory, e-mail them asking them to order it (I did this for Psyren 1-9)

Thanks for the responses n10zguy, Charonchan, fxu, and deftoast. I'll check those sites out.

[quote name='Charonchan']Just out of curiosity, what manga are you looking for?[/QUOTE]

Right now, I'm mainly looking for 怪·力·乱·神 クワン volumes 1-7, known in the US as Qwan. Tokyopop was translating them, but stopped at volume 4 a few years ago. I can order them new from Amazon Japan, but the whole series would cost about $92 shipped. That seems like a bit much to spend when you can get the whole series used for less than $20 in Japan. I'm also looking for ペルソナ 罪と罰 (Persona Tsumi To Batsu) volume 2.

bread's done
Back