Looking for a snowboard (and accessories)

tgk2044

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I'm now in the market for a snowboard. I have tried it before so I know what to expect, just not what to buy. For the board, I'm looking for a large one about 165-170 CM (yes, I am tall so I need it). Looking to spend no more than about 250 -275. I just need some help finding some sites that sell them for real cheap. Any help is appreciated.

Salomon and Lamar aren't bad. Salomon can get pretty expensive though so you might want to go with a Lamar, but thats up to you.

Also Burtons are amazing, but those will run you about double what you want to spend lol.

i dont know about buying snowboards online, but if you have an activ store near you, visit them. they have quality stuff. do you already have bindings and boots?

yeah go for a k2 if youre just starting out. its like playing a guitar, you dont wanna start off the best stuff. do you have a jacket and pants?

i doubt you do because of your location, but is there a jacks surf shop there? they have snowboarding equipment there too.

I'm starting out too at snowboarding but I figured I'll get the clothes first and rent the board. If it's not for me, I'm not out too much. I came across http://www.sidewayspeople.com and it seems like they got some stuff for cheap. I might be wrong but if some experienced people wanna comment on the site, it would be appreciated.

I moved to Seattle from Louisiana a few months ago for school, I had never seen snow until last week. I'm registered for a snowboarding class next quarter, 6 trips to Steven's Pass (1pm-9pm for 7 weeks, one on-campas class) is two credits. I'm really excited, near obsession... just bought a jacket/pants/goggles/beanie from Zumies for around $300. Thinking about buying a board... www.the-house.com seems to have good deals on packages that include boots/bindings.

theres been no rain here for a long time. the season doesnt look like its going to start by the end of this year.

Burton and Sims are the best IMO.
Get a mass marketed Burton for cheap during a Dicks Sporting Goods sale
Check the circular, they sell decent package deals every week.

Id reccomend a K2 board, they are generally on the cheaper side, and pretty good quality, Ive had mine for 3 years with no problems. I got mine at Sports Authority, I for get how much but it was about $130

Buy at the end of the season. You can get new boards for half price. I bought my Burton Johann a number of years ago at the end of the season and saved well over 300 dollars.

[quote name='Koggit']I moved to Seattle from Louisiana a few months ago for school, I had never seen snow until last week. I'm registered for a snowboarding class next quarter, 6 trips to Steven's Pass (1pm-9pm for 7 weeks, one on-campas class) is two credits. I'm really excited, near obsession... just bought a jacket/pants/goggles/beanie from Zumies for around $300. Thinking about buying a board... www.the-house.com seems to have good deals on packages that include boots/bindings.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a board from the-house.com last year. I would recommend that place. Awesome prices, service, and shipment. A+++ seller =). Deff look into them.

My package deal with 320. Board, Binding, Boots, and sun glasses.

i agree w/ one of the above posters, the house is really a great place to shop from, you can get better boards, but not for the price. I used to live in the state they were based in and severl of my family members were happy w/ what they got from them (lots of snowboarding cousins). I myself had a burton, but it was a birthday gift and used at that.

ya, just wait till Jan 1 and Academy Sports will have a 75% off sale. I got mine there. Wait 1 month after that and it'll lower to 80%

bread's done
Back