Looking for a TV for $400

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
My mother in law is looking for a new TV for $400. It does not have to be top of the line brand, but not total shit either. She doesn't care about things like black level or refresh rates. Any ideas are appreciated.

You just missed a deal by a couple days for a 42in (or 46in?) for $399 on one of the regular sites (LogicBuy.com or SlickDeals.net), but it's too late/early in the AM to try to find it and I'm this guy right now: :drool:

Perhaps keep your eyes puckered to this and something is bound to pop-up:
http://www.logicbuy.com/categorydeals/electronics/hdtvs-remotes-projectors

There's one in your immediate price range within the first page or two, but you didn't specify a size so really we're steering this ship blind ATM.

...and now I'm babbling. Good NIGHT to this ramble.

Check your target's electronics section for clearance tv's. There have been a couple around that range for weeks at a time.

check out walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/tv-vi...NTVbySize4_40_49&ref_values=428799+4292594735

40in sceptre for 299
40in westinghouse for 309

46inch sanyo for 399 (refurbished though)

These are all 1080p and 60hz tvs. (instead of the newer 120hz)
But I have a 4yr old 37in 60hz tv which has worked flawlessly and looks great in one room.
And I have a newer 40in 120hz tv in another room and cannot tell much of a difference. Both look great in HD and blu and PS3/360.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']check out walmart.

40in sceptre for 299
40in westinghouse for 309

46inch sanyo for 399 (refurbished though)

These are all 1080p and 60hz tvs. (instead of the newer 120hz)
But I have a 4yr old 37in 60hz tv which has worked flawlessly and looks great in one room.
And I have a newer 40in 120hz tv in another room and cannot tell much of a difference. Both look great in HD and blu and PS3/360.[/QUOTE]

I know I said I don't really care about brands, but how crappy are sceptres and westinghouses?

Can't say anything about westinghouses, but my sceptre has been better than the toshiba it replaced. Except for the built-in clock, which runs ridiculously fast, but I consider that superfluous.

bread's done
Back