Looking for a two player "girlie" game

Tonious

CAGiversary!
Hello ^_^ I just recently ordered one of those pink PS3 controllers as one of the Valentine's Day gifts for my GF. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good girlie type two player game for the PS3. She's 28 btw. >.> So no kiddie games unless they're awesome. I have a good collection but they're mostly one player or shooters and she hates shooters. I'm definately going to get her Flower from PSN since she played the demo and loved it but I wanted one we could play together. We played the hell out of Scott Pilgrim, the Lego Games, and I even talked her into playing through that bad Star Wars Clone Wars game. XD So, suggestions? Thanks.

Get her Tetris. My GF spent sixty hours on it and is still playing it. Best ten bucks ever spent.

[quote name='ebojo']black ops. its a girls game.[/QUOTE]
My daughter actually loves Black Ops. Or at least the zombie mode. She's too scared to play the regular game and get her butt kicked though.

boom you guys beat me to thepunch.

Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim, Pixel Junk Monsters, Pixel Junk Shooter, LittleBigPlanet, and Lego -Franchise here-

Also let me say Fat Princess is fun. Singstar is awesome but you're gonna need mics. Check out the SS Thread because you can usually get them pretty cheap. I got my last SS game WITH mics for $5. Pac-Man is fun but one player. Burnout Paradise has a party mode DLC but that's turns not simultaneous and honestly it's not really that good. Critter Crunch is 2 players right? and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is fun old school stuff and since it's easy low frustration levels.

modnation racers (kind of hard but worth a try)
any of the other beat em ups on PSN:
X-men/TNNT

Like eight bit said though Little big planet is probably your best bet

Castle Crashers & Lara Croft are both great co-op games as someone else pointed out although Lara Croft is a bit more complex than CC so maybe she might not be into that as much.

If you have PSN+ you can get "About a Blob" right now which seems pretty fun from my impressions of it so far. It has a cute appearance to it and is similar to the Katamari games.

Critter Crunch is a cute/fun game that has a multiplayer mode (barfing rainbows, can't get much cuter than that.)

bummer splosion man isn't on ps3. The legend of spiro is supposed to be good. I played the hell out of castle crashers with my bro who is casual and a girlie man :). It's too bad there are not more coop games on every system, now I have run out of coop games to play and either get stuck with halo or brawl.

[quote name='bjstucker']Like eight bit said though Little big planet is probably your best bet[/QUOTE]have you guys been successful getting your non-gamers to play LBP? I mean in theory it has everything. Platforming is relatively easy to comprehend, and Sackboy is adorable and what all but the actual gameplaying mechanics trend toward complex IMO. The floaty is good but the fore-mid-background plus grabbing tended to completely throw off my nephews.. that and the fact that it wasn't Call of Duty or Brawl.

I'm not trying to bash the game but I'm genuinely curious if anyone has gotten their blank slates to play it. Maybe 2 is better and I'm not saying it's hard to get to the end (especially with some of the good community levels) but I've gotten frustrated personally trying to reach certain spots only to watch my Sackboy jump into the foreground or (esp online) lag out and miss a grab.

If I can go completely off book.
I say one of the best co-op games available is House of the Dead: Overkill:wii:. It's two buttons (shoot/reload). Everyone loves shooting zombies. Easy concept (point-shoot-kill). Relatively easy game (esp with two players) it's funny and relatively short but it has decent replay value. In short it's a great game if you're just looking to have fun for an hour or two, as opposed to engaging in an 'experience' like Halo or Epic Yarn or something deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfkin']have you guys been successful getting your non-gamers to play LBP? I mean in theory it has everything. Platforming is relatively easy to comprehend, and Sackboy is adorable and what all but the actual gameplaying mechanics trend toward complex IMO. The floaty is good but the fore-mid-background plus grabbing tended to completely throw off my nephews.. that and the fact that it wasn't Call of Duty or Brawl.

I'm not trying to bash the game but I'm genuinely curious if anyone has gotten their blank slates to play it. Maybe 2 is better and I'm not saying it's hard to get to the end (especially with some of the good community levels) but I've gotten frustrated personally trying to reach certain spots only to watch my Sackboy jump into the foreground or (esp online) lag out and miss a grab.
[/QUOTE]

It didn't work for me, for exactly the reason you stated. LBP is kind of deceptive in that it looks friendly but can be kind of vicious. She enjoyed it up until the mexico themed levels. She just couldn't get past the level with the successive springboards and rage quit. It took Flower to get her to even pick up a controller again. I haven't tried LBP2.

I would suggest Peggle. I showed her sister Peggle and we ended up spending a good six or seven hours playing it over the course of a weekend.

good heavens if you people suggest peggle 75 more times it's shooting straight to the top of my shopping list. At the rate the internet is going that should take about 3 weeks. ugh yet another reason I need to get a US PSN card

Get a wii there's lots of girlie and kiddy games on that system (there's also a lot of killer games on that system too). The PS3 really lacks girlie games.

[quote name='Wolfkin']have you guys been successful getting your non-gamers to play LBP? I mean in theory it has everything. Platforming is relatively easy to comprehend, and Sackboy is adorable and what all but the actual gameplaying mechanics trend toward complex IMO. The floaty is good but the fore-mid-background plus grabbing tended to completely throw off my nephews.. that and the fact that it wasn't Call of Duty or Brawl.

If I can go completely off book.
I say one of the best co-op games available is House of the Dead: Overkill:wii:. It's two buttons (shoot/reload). Everyone loves shooting zombies. Easy concept (point-shoot-kill). Relatively easy game (esp with two players) it's funny and relatively short but it has decent replay value. In short it's a great game if you're just looking to have fun for an hour or two, as opposed to engaging in an 'experience' like Halo or Epic Yarn or something deep.
[/QUOTE]

my wife plays it quite a bit yes she does get frustrated but she likes dressing up the sackboy/girl and doing other stuff like that and creating levels.

[quote name='vertdogggg']Second on Critter Crunch. My gf is addicted. Great game. Was 50% off when I picked it up too![/QUOTE]

Best 3.50 I ever spent!

LBP 1/2 have to be the ultimate 2-player girly games. It's simple (move, grab, and jump) and yet you can do so much. The harder levels can get frustrating though.

Ummm.... Eternal sonata, if you play RPGs? (yes battle screens are multiplayer, and its encapsulating enough that playing it on multiplayer is a lot of fun IMO)

My wife and I like to play Blokus. The game is fun, but the options are really lame. Highly suggest Peggle too, even though my wife won't play it cause she says it looks stupid. :p

I'm not trying to bash the game but I'm genuinely curious if anyone has gotten their blank slates to play it. Maybe 2 is better and I'm not saying it's hard to get to the end (especially with some of the good community levels) but I've gotten frustrated personally trying to reach certain spots only to watch my Sackboy jump into the foreground or (esp online) lag out and miss a grab.[/QUOTE]

I've actually been very successful! My girlfriend loves LittleBigPlanet, and showed pretty much no interest in video games before. She definitely spends a lot of time just dressing up her Sackgirl, but she does actually play through the levels. The last three areas, The Islands, The Temples, and The Wilderness, were very tough for her to get through, but she loved the game enough to practice her platforming and overcome them. Now that she's done with that portion of the game, she's actually taken the time to create her own levels. On top of that, she's also managed to get several of her friends into the game, and playing LBP has actually become one of their favorite things to do for the past year. Of course, my gf bought me LBP2 on release day, so now we're going through that. :)

It's definitely not for everyone though. There were a couple girls who just did not get it. They thought it was cute for about 10 minutes and then grew tired and frustrated. They prefer playing games like Dance Central and Scene It, so it's not like they hate video games entirely, they just prefer other types of games.

My girlfriend was awful at games but we got LBP and resident evil 5 and she loves both. She initially woudl scream at me anytime there were more than 5 zombies on the screen and tell me she didnt want to play but after a while she really got into it(around the time I gave her a shotgun) and we almost beat all of it on Pro until her car blew up claiming my PS3. We just got LBP2 yesterday and stayed up all night playing it. She finds the jumping much easier than in the first one.

Wife and I enjoyed PixelJunk Monsters a lot and also Guardian of Light, though that has combat/shooter elements so it's not a good starter game. I just got Hoard tonight and played 4 straight hours with a friend and I'd recommend that, too.

No crazy story really, just a fiery fiery car. We were driving up to Vermont to my moms for christmas and her check engine light went one and one of the cylinders was misfiring. So we get it looked at and "fixed" but there was a blizzard the night we picked it up and he didnt get to do a full test drive. So we got snowed in and left the next morning and once we got to the highway and up to 40 mph the problem started up again. Then the car filled with smoke, we pulled over and within a minute the hood was flaming up. Within 5 minutes the flames were higher than 20 feet in the air. I actually though about grabbing the PS3 but decided I didn't want to be the dick who went out trying to save his playstation. Anyway, his insurance paid up and now I have a spankin new slim ps3. The only thing I cant replace is my Buzz quiz world with the buzzers. I had left it in Vermont for like 6 months and finally got it back and it burned up. Now Im finding that they dont make it with the buzzers anymore and a new copy is over $100. If this wasn't the case I would have suggested buzz as well.

LPB. The story mode levels can get kinda hard, but there are a lot of fun user-made levels. Probably get LBP2 since all of the original's user levels are transferred over.

The only games I have that my sister actually ENJOYS playing are Buzz! Quiz World, Fat Princess, and Singstar vol. 2.

We played Black Ops but with the 4:3 it was impossible to see anything.

She's more of an adventure person.

My girl really enjoys LittleBigPlanet, Civilization Revolution, Fat Princess, Feeding Frenzy, Peggle, Lego games, and the 2008 Prince of Persia game.

I tried to get my sister to play LBP, but she couldn't handle more than one plane :(

bread's done
Back