Looking for a used original Xbox...any suggestions?

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
My DVD player is dying and I need to replace it and, given how much a vanilla DVD player costs, I'm thinking I might give my GameCube a last-gen buddy to share the shelf with. Since my sister has a PS2 and I've gotten to play the games I really wanted to on it, I'm leaning towards an Xbox.

If need be, I'm fine with going to GameStop or EB and just picking one up there - there's three in the city here and they've all probably got a giant stack in the back room because this is a town of broke college students - but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for going off the beaten path and finding a cheaper or better alternative. :D

A refurb with one controller from GS/EB goes for $60, while a system with two controllers on eBay with 30 minutes left is going for $45 + $15 shipping. I would say eBay is the best option, especially considering you can get some games in a bundle for only ~$10-20 more.

check gamecrazy if you have one- i'd ditch ebay as an option for soemthing like this. I picked my xbox up from gamecrazy (eb/gs didn't have one instock that didnt look like it was dragged/kicked down the street) and bought the extra warrenty for a year. In less then a month, I was on my 3rd system (wich i ended up selling cause I didn't want to go back for a fourth or more). With ebay, once it's in your hands and malfunctions, it's your new paper weight unless you know how to repair it.

Craigslist and be patient...I looked for one on my local CL and ended up getting one in great shape with 2 controllers, dvd remote, ddr pad, and 8 games for 50

yeah, I'd say forget the Xbox, its a pretty bad DVD player, and you need to buy the additional DVD player add-on (why the hell did M$ do this in the first palce?!)

it also doesn't play burned or copied DVD's or CD's (or any other format dvd's like DIVX for example)

[quote name='taint mcgee']Make sure to remember you need the dvd remote and connector piece to play dvds.[/quote]

Not if you soft mod it, but that's another topic...

also forgot, you know you can find dvd playiers at bb/cc/walmart between 25-30 bucks? tiny lil things, nothing fancy, but plays dvds. And like mentioned above, you'll have to buy extra stuff to play a dvd and no copy dvd playing abilities.

[quote name='dragonjud']Not if you soft mod it, but that's another topic...[/QUOTE]

That's also not a fun topic. I modded my first xbox with an evox overwrite, didn't link the dashboards and it rendered the system unable to go online. Still have the program kicking around someware on a memory card (takes 499 out of 500 blocks under compresion)

Walrus, I broke the seal on a brand new original Xbox last week, and decided I don't want it; I had bought some games that were supposedly really good and was very disappointed. It has about three hours of run time on it, but other than that is still new.

PM me if you are interested. I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full.

Nate

bread's done
Back