Looking for Batman: The Animated Series Volumes.

[quote name='georox']Uh... you might want to make a post in the trading forum. Trading/selling doesn't belong here.[/QUOTE]

I know, but the original idea of the post is to find out where I can find Batman TAS DVDs for a good price. I just added X-men on here as a supplement.

I think Deep Discount has each volume for 25 dollars. Ebay and other sites such as amazon also end up selling at that price. Ive been looking for them too

[quote name='NathanOfLight']I know, but the original idea of the post is to find out where I can find Batman TAS DVDs for a good price. I just added X-men on here as a supplement.[/QUOTE]
Then I don't think you should post it in the topic.

[quote name='mediviper']I picked up a couple volumes from Big Lots for $5.99 about 4 months back I think. You may want to check there.[/QUOTE]

Those are long gone my friend! Selling like hot cakes :hot:

[quote name='mediviper']I picked up a couple volumes from Big Lots for $5.99 about 4 months back I think. You may want to check there.[/QUOTE]

Damn, amazing price. Unfortunately there isn't one near me, and I'm sure they're gone.

Thanks for the suggestions though guys, I'll check it out.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Best Buy has a good deal on Volume 1. It is for 19.99. You must get it.. good series..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so much better than the Batman cartoons coming out nowadays, in my opinion. Batman Beyond was good too.

[quote name='NathanOfLight']K, got Volume 1 :). Any good deals on Volume 2-4?[/QUOTE]
That I'm not sure.... all I got to say is that I got the whole complete series... Vol 2 is pretty good as well.. Vol 1 is the best. Vol 3-4 are decent.. good stuff...

Ahh, well it's all good. I have one at least :p.

It usually sucks to buy DVD sets though, they're so expensive, especially Anime... I have a ton of anime wants, but when a season is $40, it really blows!

Keep an eye on Amazon..every now and then they reduce the prices of each Volume. I bought a couple of them for $17 each because my work at the time(CircuitCity) didn't have those.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It pisses me off that these sell for so much. I really wish WB would re-release the boxset too[/QUOTE]

Yeah, secondary markets can really be a pain but that is what happens when you put off picking something up and then goes OOP. I've always wondered why retailers don't do something or at least special orders since they all have there own website to fill orders.

[quote name='doodmandood']I have a very hard time finding volume one on Amazon.

Two sellers have now canceled the order on me.

Is it really that rare?[/QUOTE]

No it's not, you can pick it up both from Best Buy.com and Walmart.com. Only thing is you will pay about $37. But it is worth it.

[quote name='GOTA']Any shot of these coming out on Blu-ray one day?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's possible. I asked WB animation about releasing them to BD in the future. They said they were considering these as a possibility. Considering how well Batman Animated sells, I imagine they will do it eventually.

And then I will have a serious debate, I have the complete collector's edition and I'm not sure I'd want to get rid of it even though I know it would fetch a great price

I've seen Volume One at Walmart for $20.00. one time. Regardless I bought these individually for 37.99 and don't regret it one bit. Absolutely fantastic series.

Just want to let everyone know, you can get all 4 of these at WBshop.com for about $90-94 shipped (depending on taxes) using WB Insiders (free signup) and the code SAVINGS.

That's around $23 a season

[quote name='doodmandood']You know I would have bought them on best buy had I known all these sellers would have cancelled.[/QUOTE]

wrong thread?

[quote name='FireWarrior']I've seen Volume One at Walmart for $20.00. one time. Regardless I bought these individually for 37.99 and don't regret it one bit. Absolutely fantastic series.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing yesterday. They only had volume 1 but it was $20

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FireWarrior']I've seen Volume One at Walmart for $20.00. one time. Regardless I bought these individually for 37.99 and don't regret it one bit. Absolutely fantastic series.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GOTA']I saw the same thing yesterday. They only had volume 1 but it was $20[/QUOTE]

I took both of your advice and decided to look tonight, as a sales associate past by me as I was looking I asked if they had it, he looked a bit over left and right and then shrugged, he said he hadn't seen it lately, then told me they had Batman (Keaton movie and some other DCAU) stuff and walked off.

Undeterred I kept looking, and eventually stumbled on a small wire rack with older cartoons and lo and behold on the top of the rack one of two copies of Season 1.

Thanks guys, ;) both for the heads up on the current prices and that you might be able to find it at Walmart if you take the time to look.

Cheers. :D

I just bought Volume 1 from Barnes and Noble for $22, wish it was a bit cheaper but really want to watch this series again

2 & 4 are fairly cheap on the Amazon marketplace so I'll get those eventually and pick up 3 when ever I see it for cheaper then it is currently

bread's done
Back