looking for better audio quality with Turtle Beach X12

gnychis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I bought the Turtle Beach X12 headset from Amazon based on their rave reviews, and I find them extremely nice for immersing me in to the game... but the audio quality with my current setup is "meh." I don't know if that's the fault of the headphones, or if it's my setup.

The way it's setup right now is that my 360 provides the video and audio to my TV using an HDMI cable. I then connect the RCA audio cables from the X12 in to the back of my TV in it's RCA out ports. I'm wondering if this is significantly degrading my audio experience, and I'd get something much better using the Xbox 360 Audio Adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-360-Slim/dp/B002P35JMO

Or, maybe I'm expecting too much out of the X12. Has anyone gone from TV out to the Audio Adapter and experienced improved quality? I'm looking for first hand experience and not so much speculation :)

RCA audio is terrible. You have to have your 360 send 5.1 digital audio directly to the headphones to your ears.

If you have an older 360, yes, get an audio adapter and plug the optical cable (SPDIF) from the adapter to your headphones. DO NOT USE THE RCA AUDIO!!!!

if you have a newer 360 S, you don't need any adapter. just plug into the optical cable from the 360 to your headphones.

it'll sound great. but it'll still be stereo. also, upgrade the optical cable to a better quality one. the one that comes with the TB is extremely thin and poor quality.

to really make the X12's sing, get the TB DSS2 or DSS. I have the DSS2. simply amazing positional audio where you can pinpoint enemies no matter where they're at.

bread's done
Back