looking for cheap 50" LCD 120hz TV

Drnick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, im looking to buy a 50" LCD tv for my new apartment. moving in jan 1st so Iv'e got some time to look. I figure with black friday coming up I might be able to find a decent deal. TV will be used for Movies, video games. Needs at LEAST 2 HDMI inputs.

I'm not really a brand whore... but I'd rather buy some sort of name brand ive heard of (Sony, Panasonic, Lg, even Vizio) as opposed to an insignia, dynex, haier or other "off" name brand.

Ideally, im tring to be under 1,000 with shipping.... but I'd REALLY like to be around 800 (I can dream, right!)

I don't want a plasma since this will be in the main living room with a good amount of ambient light...and also due to energy efficiency.

I have no problem buying online.

any suggestions?

Check Costco if you have one around you. They have good drills on vizios around that size.

Also I was at best buy the other day getting my 46 inch 1080p dynex 60ghz for $499' and I saw some good deals on open units. I saw a 40 inch samsung that matched your desired specs for $500, so that might be a cheap alternative way to get your tv as well.

Good luck and I hope enjoy your new tv

thanks for the tip, I"ll check out the local clubs (no costco around me, but there is a BJ's and a Sam's club)

I saw a few open box units at best buy, no real steals though, trying to get a 50" or bigger and all the open box deals seem to be on 37's and 42's. I'll keep checking the black friday deals.... anyone else have suggestions?

I'm in the same boat. Looking for a good 42"+ 1080p HDTV for mostly gaming. I'm focusing on plasma actually b/c of their no-blurring effects. Most of the recent plasmas are comparable in energy usage to LCDs, so I just make sure to look at the specs. I'm hoping to find a good online deal (free shipping w/ Amazon Prime, etc.) so that I don't have to wait in some god-awful line at Best Buy or Sears.

Try:
http://www.black-friday.net/television-black-friday.html

So, im still searching for a deal... I found a few on black friday, but they all seem to be off brand's (dynex, Element...etc.) I'm not a total brand whore but I know some off brands are worse then others. Ideally I'd like to get a Vizio LG or samsung. (in my price range probably a vizio)

any suggestions? I'm looking for a 52" or 55" screen size that is a good all around TV (TV, video games, Movies)

thanks!

thanks for the reply... but do you have a link? or a specific model your referring to?

I look at newegg pretty much every day and I don't see any deals for 599 in the screen size I'm looking for (I see a few 42 plasma's that are close.. but I'm looking for LCd as I don't want my electric bill to skyrocket!)

I'm also looking for one. Almost bit on that amazon cyber monday deal they have. 47" lcd vizio for $599.

I keep checking amazon. No luck here...

bread's done
Back