looking for DVD Upscaler Player

[quote name='WebScud']That Oppo player is the best, but I've never seen it under $229.99 (MSRP).[/quote]

oppo is the best for the money. just go with the 970HD $149.99.

If you're looking for cheap, walmart has a philips upscaler (supports xvid too) for ~$45. I'm still debating on whether or not to get test it out.

There's a Panasonic going on sale 4/29 - 5/5 at Best Buy for $99

The model is DVD-S53K

or the Samsung DVD-R155 for $149.99 that same week.

[quote name='foltzie']Are any of those options also friendly for region free use? Or perhaps PAL dvds?[/quote]

The Phillips should be easily hackable. Mine is and I love it.

Folks can find out if their player can be made region free by going here:

www.vcdhelp.com

Find your make and model and any steps that you need to take to make the player all-region under DVD Hacks.

how bout the cheapest B&M deal on an upscale DVD player in the $30-50 range? I know you might laugh at the $30 minimum, but I can find or have found in the past cheap decent to good quality DVD players for $20 at some stores. Also, would I have to get the cables separately?

[quote name='daroga']Dunno on the quality, but for $10 after rebate, it's hard to go wrong. (Although looking at the reviews, maybe you COULD go wrong.

Use Promo Code EMC424FASTA to knock $10 off that thing and bring it to $9.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882144016&CMP=EMC-IGNEFL042407&ATT=N82E16882144016[/quote]

When I first saw in my email that they were selling an upconverting DVD player for $10, I almost shit my pants. Then I read the user reviews.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Cow_tipper']When I first saw in my email that they were selling an upconverting DVD player for $10, I almost shit my pants. Then I read the user reviews.:whistle2:#[/quote]

ditto...

I like the Oppo because it plays everything.

CDs, VCDs, DVDs, SACDs, DVD-A

And is multi region, and multi signal (NTSC, PAL)

That's actually the best part, playing PAL DVDs.

[quote name='Arakias']This phillips is $59+ ship after GCO at J&R (I got one from them).
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4098734

Its also region free, enter 138931 at the preferences screen with the tray open and set region to zero.
HDMI output and upscaling.

If someone has a $15 off $100 CC code that they arent using, please let me know! thanks![/quote]

That's just like the one at walmart, except it has the USB, which is what I want.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's just like the one at walmart, except it has the USB, which is what I want.[/QUOTE]

That player's pretty damn ghetto though... you sure you really want to waste money on that?

its not that ghetto, i have one. the worst part is that the remote doesnt have a button to eject the tray on it (its on hte unit itself)
its not the best, but why would you need a high priced dvd player when the hd/bluray technology is gonna keep dropping in price anyways.
+ the usb is nice.

anyone have a $15 off $100 code for CC, please PM me wiht one!

[quote name='Arakias']its not that ghetto, i have one. the worst part is that the remote doesnt have a button to eject the tray on it (its on hte unit itself)
its not the best, but why would you need a high priced dvd player when the hd/bluray technology is gonna keep dropping in price anyways.
+ the usb is nice.

anyone have a $15 off $100 code for CC, please PM me wiht one![/quote]
Exactly. Load up a bunch of Xvid's on a flash drive and plug it in and play. It has to look a LOT better than the s-video that I'm using to connect my PC to my HDTV currently.

Not all of us have the luxury to drop 300-400 on a HD player.

[quote name='Arakias']its not that ghetto, i have one. the worst part is that the remote doesnt have a button to eject the tray on it (its on hte unit itself)
[/QUOTE]

Why do you need any technology when new stuff is just gonna keep dropping in price anyways?

bread's done
Back