Looking for Fun 2 player game that the wife would like.

Ericnmel99

CAGiversary!
Need some help here guys. My wife and I used to have lots of fun playing powerstone for the DC when i had it. Now i have ps2 and the cube and she wasnt to play something thats fun. It doesnt have to be a fighting game like powerstone, just anything that a chick would like and is two players. Any suggestions would help, being that the guy at gamestop gave me no help what so ever.

Racing games are always easy to jump into. Give her some Burnout, my g/f LOVED crash mode. My coworker plays co-op adventure games with his g/f. Stuff like BG:DA, Champions of Norrath, and D&D Heroes might be good.

My wife and I have played both Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance games. They're fun for two players and aren't too hard (actually the second game is too easy). My wife also isn't into learning complex combos; she's more of a button masher and we played through all 4 kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors 4 together.

My wife loves SSX 3 (may be too sporty of a title, though). She also likes Mario Kart DD, and Hot Shots/Mario Golf. There's also a game called Adventures of Cookie & Cream for PS2 that's a split screen co-op game. One other thing she really likes is Donkey Konga. She's gone straight for it the few times we've been to TRU this past week or so. You can hear her clapping along all through the RZone.

Hey try these:

Culcept
bombastic
mario kart dd
Halo

Or play if you have a gba player or a nes, mario 3. My wife and me play to see who beats the game the fastest. (The winner gets a sweet reward :wink: )

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Me and my girlfriend play "Hide the Sausage", it's a real fun game where everyone wins.[/quote]

Is that game 2-4 players? If so, I have extra "controller" I can hook up to an available port. I'll take one on the front, but I prefer then ones in rear.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey try these:

Halo[/quote]

Heh, my g/f and I play this together every so often. She'll never get used to the controls, so I usually duck next to her or in front of her as she wonders where I am. When she realizes that I was crouching right under her the whole time, she immediately melees and kills me. Good fun. :lol:

Games my girlfriend loves to play with me (mostly coop):

Space Channel 5 Part 2 (we played it on DC, but you can get it cheap for PS2)
Mario Kart DD
Zelda Four Swords
Wario Ware (she loves the gba version, but I'm sure she would also love the GC version)
Bomberman (we played on DC, but its available for every system in existance)
Samba De Amigo (DC, although you may want to check out Eyetoy on PS2 or Donkey Konga on GC)

BTW, does anyone know if the GC version of RibbitKing supports progressive scan?

I got mine into NFL Blitz. I would suggest finding the PSX version. Its fun and easy to use and she wont have trouble understanding the controlls. I got my girl into football with this game. But if she is dead set against sports, then pick up "Super Bust A Move". Best couple game you can get.

My wife loves to play Baldurs gate 1-2, Champions of Norrath, Jeopardy, wheel of fortune, super bubble bobble and the sims.

[quote name='big_squirtle']Super Puzzle fighter is also a good one. But its only on PSX.[/quote]

Actually, it's on Dreamcast, too :wink:

Games I like to play with my wife:
(It's awesome, she recently started out of nowhere playing FPS with me!)
*HALO
*TIMESPLITTERS 2
*RAINBOW SIX 3:BA
*BURNOUT 2 (crash mode rocks!)
*BALDUR'S GATE
*TETRIS
*TRIBES:AERIAL ASSAULT
*FALLOUT: BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL
*HIDE THE CHECKBOOK (so she doesn't realize how much I spend on "cheap ass games")

Games I like to play with my girlfriend:
:p just kidding! :wink:

My girlfriend and I played Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath until our eyes burned way into the wee hours of the morning. She's also way into 1st person shooters. Ya I'm a pretty happy guy.

You can't go wrong with Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/Pokémon Puzzle League.
There's a 4-player version on the Nintendo Puzzle Collection (import).
My wife and I play that game until our eyes bleed.

Super Puzzle Fighter II is very similar.

bread's done
Back