Looking for game discs that are colored on the back.

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
An odd request, I know. I am looking for game CDs that are not clear on the back. FF7 I know is black, MVC2 I know is blue, however, I am making an art project and would like some cheaper games to use. Surely someone knows this. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='billg']An odd request, I know. I am looking or game CDs that are not clear on the back. FF7 I know is black, MVC2 I know is blue, however, I am making an art project and would like some cheaper games to use. Surely someone knows this. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Most PS1 games are black and if you are using them just for color then why use games when you can buy CD-R's instead. Theres a few brands of CD-R's that try to be trendy and are colored. I know I got a spindle of Memorex somewhere that came in a multi color pack. Think Green, Red, Yellow, and some other colors. Something along the lines of http://www.disc4less.com/cdcolor.html and no im not recommending that store its just the first link google popped up for color cdr's.

Game discs aren't colored on a per-game basis...it's based on what type of media it is. PS2 DVDs are blue, PS2 CDs are silver, PS1 games are all black, etc, etc. I have never heard of a special-colored game disc. Like I said, it's reflective of the media type, and I don't think there's a choice, really.

Most games discs silver, at any rate.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']PS2 DVDs are blue, PS2 CDs are silver, PS1 games are all black, etc, etc.
Most games discs silver, at any rate.[/QUOTE]

I think you got it mix up. It should be the other way around.

Crash Team Racing for the PS1 wasn't black.

But All I know is that GameShark 2 for PS2 was blue. I don't know how much that costs now because I got mine around 3 years ago.

[quote name='soxfan30']Crash Team Racing for the PS1 wasn't black.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was.

I think there may be some confusion here as to what defines "black" though. If they were really solid black, lasers couldn't read the discs. PS1 games are actually a very very deep purple. During the manufacturing process, inevitably some discs get made when their machines are low on the dye they are using. So during my years at EB, I did see some discs that you could clearly see through the bottom to the reflective layer with the disc only having a very light purple hue to it.

So in summary:
PS1 discs are all a very deep purple (black for all intents and purposes).
PS2 CD based games are all blue.
PS2 DVD games are all clear, but you see the silver/gold reflective layer.

bread's done
Back